What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Penrith games

Das Hassler

Bench
The mistake Ivan made that will make life a bit harder for Nathan now... and no matter who said what in what order as THAT doesn't matter a scratch now was to try to point out to the refs that his Nathan needed protecting. Now what you have is Immortal Joey.. your jilted ex Guss and others in the media ..and we all know how Gus loves to endlessly repeat a clever line...well they've come out loudly about how the penalty for belting Nathan was complete BS and (quote) "don't worry...the refs read the papers" ...how many times do you think Gus will repeat that line tonight and at every opportunity through the week and to borrow from him...don't worry...the refs watch and listen to Guru Gus on the footy show and listen to his podcast. You can be guaranteed the 50/50 calls on pressuring Nathan will go differently this weekend....Ivan's shot has backfired. You'll beat the eels but there'll be drama from this game (the eels) that won't make the prep for melbourne any easier.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Conversely if Ivan sat back and said nothing, he would look like a coward.
Disagree again.
None of us would have known if it wasn’t leaked to the media by Ivan, therefore he would not have been viewed in this light at all. The fact he made a song and dance about it, forced Bennett to respond publicly which is when it blew up.
Wayne was always going to play the mind game with Penrith and the refs to take the focus off the thug rep Souths have due to recent actions by Latrell and co. Ivan presented an opportunity on a platter and Wayne took it yet still made Ivan look like the bad guy. It was masterfully done.

@stryker is pretty much on the money on how it played out. Wayne got the better of Ivan, no shame in it, but it is what it is.

The only part I'm not sure of is who leaked what to the media. I wouldn't be shocked to find out Wayne pulled a string or two to get it out there to rope Ivan in.
It was Bennett’s plan all week. I almost wrote a post about it last Tuesday that, after all the talk of putting pressure on Nathan, that the narrative would swing around by the end of the week to be about us blocking. The only thing that was surprising about it was that the story didn’t come out of the Murdoch press from either Badell or Crawley.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Disagree again.
None of us would have known if it wasn’t leaked to the media by Ivan, therefore he would not have been viewed in this light at all. The fact he made a song and dance about it, forced Bennett to respond publicly which is when it blew up.
Wayne was always going to play the mind game with Penrith and the refs to take the focus off the thug rep Souths have due to recent actions by Latrell and co. Ivan presented an opportunity on a platter and Wayne took it yet still made Ivan look like the bad guy. It was masterfully done.
I do not care what you think, do you understand that?

stryker

First Grade
I do not care what you think, do you understand that?
Out of all posters on the Panthers forum here, you are the one with the least amount of football knowledge, experience and instincts, yet you have the biggest mouth.
Im not here to educate you. I just like giving you enough rope so that you publicly hang yourself. By my count you are on your 8th life pussycat.
🤣🖕🏼

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Out of all posters on the Panthers forum here, you are the one with the least amount of football knowledge, experience and instincts, yet you have the biggest mouth.
Im not here to educate you. I just like giving you enough rope so that you publicly hang yourself. By my count you are on your 8th life pussycat.
🤣🖕🏼

Why Stryer did you feel the need to be so rude. Everyone yep (even me) a lady in her early 60's is entitled to an opinion about their footy team. You don't have to agree to it, but you don't have to be mean either.

Was your reasoning one of the following :

a) Being bored as your team is not in the finals.
b) To get a cheap laugh.
c) So Dinky Di feels bad about herself.
d) Just because I could.

Stryer it does say more about you, than it does about anyone else.

soc123_au

Staff member
Why Stryer did you feel the need to be so rude. Everyone yep (even me) a lady in her early 60's is entitled to an opinion about their footy team. You don't have to agree to it, but you don't have to be mean either.

Was your reasoning one of the following :

a) Being bored as your team is not in the finals.
b) To get a cheap laugh.
c) So Dinky Di feels bad about herself.
d) Just because I could.

Stryer it does say more about you, than it does about anyone else.
I'll start by saying I like the new and improved version of @DinkyDi but some people need to pick their battles a bit better. I know Stryker is a bit of a shit stirrer and deserves to cop a caning when stirring shit, but he also recently makes valid points worthy of discussion. Some on here can't help getting the red mist when opposing supporters venture in and play the man and not the post they made. I might be in the minority, but I think it's good to get an opposing point of view and also a bit of on point banter.

It also amuses me a bit when some of the defensive ones in here are fine with venturing into other teams subs (Tigers mostly) to stir shit. Nothing wrong with that, I like it, but it has to go both ways.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'll start by saying I like the new and improved version of @DinkyDi but some people need to pick their battles a bit better. I know Stryker is a bit of a shit stirrer and deserves to cop a caning when stirring shit, but he also recently makes valid points worthy of discussion. Some on here can't help getting the red mist when opposing supporters venture in and play the man and not the post they made. I might be in the minority, but I think it's good to get an opposing point of view and also a bit of on point banter.

It also amuses me a bit when some of the defensive ones in here are fine with venturing into other teams subs (Tigers mostly) to stir shit. Nothing wrong with that, I like it, but it has to go both ways.

I agree. You've made some great points.

My problem with Stryers comment was that I thought the tone of his comments were mean. I thought they went way beyond shit stirring and banter. So I've responded.

Maybe I should have let it go through to the keeper, but I chose not to.

Jennifer.

soc123_au

Staff member
I agree. You've made some great points.

My problem with Stryers comment was that I thought the tone of his comments were mean. I thought they went way beyond shit stirring and banter. So I've responded.

Maybe I should have let it go through to the keeper, but I chose not to.

Jennifer.
As a single post it could be taken that way, but in the context of the whole discussion I think it was fine.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
As a single post it could be taken that way, but in the context of the whole discussion I think it was fine.

I understand where your coming from.

Don't think the comment was needed (in that tone) at least.

My red mist is when a woman's footy knowledge and intelligence is bought into question. Probably cause I'm sensitive about such things. I know that's my problem. Not anyone else's.

soc123_au

Staff member
I understand where your coming from.

Don't think the comment was needed (in that tone) at least.

My red mist is when a woman's footy knowledge and intelligence is bought into question. Probably cause I'm sensitive about such things. I know that's my problem. Not anyone else's.
Yeah, you're a weird lot. Ha ha. I don't think Stryker would have even known DinkyDi's gender, so I dont think it was because of that. I found it funny the other day that @The Silverdale Phantom still hadnt worked it out.

The_Frog

First Grade
Ivan screwed up royally.

Needed to keep quiet and then have the media blow up about the Storm moving two metres forward every play the ball when the time comes.

Instead he let Skeletor completely play him and made himself a laughing stock.
Ivan needed to win the game and all would have been hunky dory. Having not done so, he then needed to evade the questions. You live and learn. Paul Kent called it a rookie error but thats a lot of games he's coached to be making rookie errors. Nathan Brown sat old Benny on his skinny arse a few years back so it can be done.

Ivan needed to win the game and all would have been hunky dory. Having not done so, he then needed to evade the questions. You live and learn. Paul Kent called it a rookie error but thats a lot of games he's coached to be making rookie errors. Nathan Brown sat old Benny on his skinny arse a few years back so it can be done.
I was critical of Ivan straight after the presser but maybe it was a case of losing the battle to win the war. If Penrith play Souths in the GF now, Cleary’s outburst reduces Bennet’s ability to play mind games; if he does, Cleary can just say ‘look, he’s manipulating the refs again’.

DinkyDi

Juniors

I was in a grumpy mood yesterday, hence my reaction.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Kent’s Rookie error comment was a sarcastic shot at Ivan, basically you shouldn’t make this bluey Ivan given your experience, Ivan your dumb ass. Kent has the advantage of hindsight and is a paid Monday morning quarterback. Like all non explayer pundits he couldn’t find his ass with both hands, a map and ass finding machine in broad daylight.

soc123_au

Staff member
Kent’s Rookie error comment was a sarcastic shot at Ivan, basically you shouldn’t make this bluey Ivan given your experience, Ivan your dumb ass. Kent has the advantage of hindsight and is a paid Monday morning quarterback. Like all non explayer pundits he couldn’t find his ass with both hands, a map and ass finding machine in broad daylight.
He did get to run out for Parra for 1 fg appearance. Subbed as soon as the kick off was taken.

forby

Juniors
The first kick from Cleary in the game showed that Sutton had been schooled to look for blocking by Penrith. No coach should have private access to the refs during the season or finals. It should be an open discussion with all coaches involved, otherwise you get what happened last weekend.

Latest posts