What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

Fangs

Coach
My thoughts exactly. Never seen Nath so rushed and flustered in a long time. Credit to Souths, their defence was unreal, didn't give Nath the time to plan and choose his next play.

It was something small but I noticed some shots of him pre-game, he didn't look too calm. He has looked extremely focused since his injury return, like a man on a mission.

On another note the whole squad looked jittery in pre-game during the 2020 finals series. Not sure if its worth reading into or not as every player is nervous leading into the finals. Its worse if you are young and not used to the favourites tag.

murraymob

Coach
The fact Yeo isn’t charged is a joke. Not because I think it was a bad tackle or Yeo is a dirty player but because that tackle has been a suspension all year.

So there you go; Cleary’s presser did play a positive role at least in this respect.
They are reluctant to suspend anyone at this time of year Paulo at parra got off and he has priors.i have no problem with that if it’s not serious let them all play

mxlegend99

Referee
Watching the game again I agree Nathan was off. He has looked extremely composed and focused in the back half of the year, even in the pre-game before coming on the field. It wasn't a bad game but far from his usual standard.

We tried to pull way too much bullshit in the final 20 minutes. If we kept it simple and handled well we probably get them.
We've never been told to give the opposition a free passage through to smash him before either. For all the bullshit of the coaches don't influence referees, they kept warning us about protecting Nathan.

Meanwhile Roosters kick a winning field goal with 2 players infront of the play the ball forming a wall to bloke players from putting pressure on the kicker and it's all good. We just stand a forward next to the play the ball to make it harder to dog shot Nathan.

The_Frog

First Grade
They are reluctant to suspend anyone at this time of year Paulo at parra got off and he has priors.i have no problem with that if it’s not serious let them all play
Neither were remotely worthy of a suspension at any time of the season.

The_Frog

First Grade
We've never been told to give the opposition a free passage through to smash him before either. For all the bullshit of the coaches don't influence referees, they kept warning us about protecting Nathan.

Meanwhile Roosters kick a winning field goal with 2 players infront of the play the ball forming a wall to bloke players from putting pressure on the kicker and it's all good. We just stand a forward next to the play the ball to make it harder to dog shot Nathan.
Rein should have just ran into the offside JWH. The ref would have had to penalise the Roosters.

Still, the Titans had their chance to win it after that, and blew it.

Panther Pete

Juniors
It was something small but I noticed some shots of him pre-game, he didn't look too calm. He has looked extremely focused since his injury return, like a man on a mission.

On another note the whole squad looked jittery in pre-game during the 2020 finals series. Not sure if its worth reading into or not as every player is nervous leading into the finals. Its worse if you are young and not used to the favourites tag.
I actually thought Ivan appeared a bit different when he did the interview just before the game. He didn’t look nervous but rather a bit distracted and not as relaxed as he normally is.

Dodgy

Juniors
Totally stuffed my weekend, which was momentarily soothed with Ricciardo's win. But now I'm frustrated.

Waiting 11 months to get back in the finals to play like that?

Losing to finals lightweights in Souths, and we make things harder for ourselves?

I don't take Parra for granted.

The Realist

Juniors
It goes without saying it was a disappointing performance with a number of players well short of there best.

At the same time, we created half a dozen pretty good opportunities to score and we failed to capitalise due mostly to our own poor execution. Had we of taken one or more of our opportunities it is an entirely different game and in all likelihood we would or could have won.

We got what we deserved, see what unfolds against the Eels.

We have sort of had big chunks of our season that are like that where we create a heap of opportunities but have a relatively poor conversion rate.

Conversely the Storm seem to ice a majority of what most people would consider to be half chances.

Weird how that happens….

On paper, it should be all be done and dusted by half time.

Plenty of time this week to chug a few ales, chum it up with some celebrities and darts.

You will effing destroy them.

kyussian

Juniors
He'll be the ref on Grand Final day, and we have a 50% chance of getting him up until then.

Gotta learn to win under him - because he ain't going nowhere.
agreed!

we have to play as if we wont get any calls our way. need to show more patience, be smarter with our kicking game & rely on our fitness to outlast the opposition. Fatigue & pressure should translate into errors & possession in our favour & then grind our way through.

we wont be getting any favours from the ref, especially in the 2nd half when they put away the whistle.

Kilkenny

Coach
We have sort of had big chunks of our season that are like that where we create a heap of opportunities but have a relatively poor conversion rate.

Conversely the Storm seem to ice a majority of what most people would consider to be half chances.

Weird how that happens….
We have a lot of good - very good players but few elite players. Nathan may be the only genuine elite level player although some would argue To’o, Yeo and JFH may be as well.

I think we have a tendency to over rate the abilities of some our our players and often under estimate similar players on other teams or rivals.

The Melbourne Storm were the best team last season and again the season. If anything, given what we saw in the first week of the semis they look even stronger than last season.

We’re probably a 50/50 chance of beating the Eels with Edwards and Leota back and I expect us to be much better than we were against the Bunnies.

Latest posts