What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
Either way Martin and To'o will get a raise next deal, Something that needs to get looked at when doing 3-4 year deals now.

Rumours are Leota re-signing, I doubt he would be getting a raise so as such is any easy deal.

We reached out to Kikau, He wasn't happy with the deal so atleast he is trying to be re-signed.

Edwards will go, not that he is a bad player but it is just business.

Kenny doesn't kick or run the ball, As such the top sides will eat that stuff up. A fit Yeo, Cleary and Luai will always have us pushing top 4, Finding more in the 9 or 1 is needed to keep up the top
Once Api goes I'd move on Luai and invest in the 9. Assuming no junior kicks on

Girds89

Bench
Once Api goes I'd move on Luai and invest in the 9. Assuming no junior kicks on

We have the best half in the game and his combination with the state of origin 5/8 is unreal. Luai is the 2nd best 5/8 in the game, only just behind munster.

Yet you want to move him on... lol. Fmd. Possibly the dumbest thing ive read on here in a long time.

The nath luai combo we can build our club around for the next 5-6 years.

As has been shown through panthers history. We generally always produce good forwards. We have a history of producing above average outside backs but in terms of halfs.... we have had 4 or 5 in our history. Yet you want to get rid of one that has just an unreal combo with nathan... haha. Glad you arent in recruitment.

Even outside his playing ability, luai comes across as the heart and sole of the team and plenty of players spoke about his positivity in origin and what he brought to camp.

Smug Panther

First Grade
We have the best half in the game and his combination with the state of origin 5/8 is unreal. Luai is the 2nd best 5/8 in the game, only just behind munster.

Yet you want to move him on... lol. Fmd. Possibly the dumbest thing ive read on here in a long time.

The nath luai combo we can build our club around for the next 5-6 years.

As has been shown through panthers history. We generally always produce good forwards. We have a history of producing above average outside backs but in terms of halfs.... we have had 4 or 5 in our history. Yet you want to get rid of one that has just an unreal combo with nathan... haha. Glad you arent in recruitment.

Even outside his playing ability, luai comes across as the heart and sole of the team and plenty of players spoke about his positivity in origin and what he brought to camp.
You can't have 2 gun halves with the cap. Next contact Luai will take a pay day somewhere else

Girds89

Bench
You can't have 2 gun halves with the cap. Next contact Luai will take a pay day somewhere else

Hughes is the 2nd best half in the comp and munster is the best 5/8, theyve been together ages and the just upgraded hughes.

Roosters had keary cronk for two seasons and they won 2 comps.

Rabbits have been consistently good for a number of years with walker and reynolds.

You can definitkey have 2 gun halfs. Look at the teams that have won it last 10 years.

Only 2016 was there a weaker half being townsend.

2020- hughes munster
19- keary cronk
18 keary cronk
17 cronk munster
16 townsend maloney
15 thurston morgan (who was on another level at that time)
14 reynolds keary
13 pearce maloney.
12. Cronk widdop
11. Dce foran.

Of all those years id say only 2016 was a year where there was only one gun half.

Players like widdop, foran, morgan didnt kill it every year but during that period they were guns.

On that evidence having two gun halfs is almost cruicial and definitley managble cap wise.

Fangs

Coach
You've got to make your cuts somewhere, but I'd be leaving the spine alone.

Having two great halves also means you can't just heap all your pressure on Cleary. Threats on both sides of the field and out of dummy-half make us a handful.

I'd be keeping Korisau for 2 years at least. And Edwards as well, he has a top 30 position even if Crichton or Staines edge him out of the 1. Edwards wouldn't be on top coin, and if he wants a deal elsewhere then its an easy swap.

Whino

Bench
A little bit on Kikau and the Dragons.

As for Kikau, the Dragons have said previously they had no interest in him. But here is the truth.

Dragons coach Anthony Griffin gave Kikau his debut at the Panthers but didn’t have a huge opinion of him then. He had to be talked into playing Kikau and the second-rower is well aware of that.

DinkyDi

Juniors
A little bit on Kikau and the Dragons.

As for Kikau, the Dragons have said previously they had no interest in him. But here is the truth.

Dragons coach Anthony Griffin gave Kikau his debut at the Panthers but didn’t have a huge opinion of him then. He had to be talked into playing Kikau and the second-rower is well aware of that.
The article is hidden behind a paywall, so I can not read it.

Whino

Bench

Sims ‘didn’t ask for a cent’ from Dragons before exit​

The Dragons cut short negotiations with Tariq Sims before he could even get serious about money or the length of any future deal with the club.
A number of mistruths have been circulated about the ins and outs of Sims’ upcoming exit from the Dragons.
There is also a story to be told about any potential signing of Viliame Kikau as a replacement.
The first issue to set straight is that Sims had made demands of the Dragons when it came to his future at the club. I put this to Sims, who doesn’t have an agent. He is doing his deal with the help of his wife, Ash.

“The conversations with the Dragons I had didn’t even reach that point in negotiating length of deals or, you know, the financial situations. The conversations we had were pretty short and sharp. I didn’t ask for a cent. I was told after the second conversation that if I could find another deal I was free to do that. And that’s pretty devastating because I thought I was going to retire at the club.”

Sims isn’t an ego out of control — he knows his next deal won’t be as rich as his current one. He wants to make a difference at the club where he plays.
He was one of the few players who didn’t attend the Paul Vaughan barbecue. I tried to get him to respond to this but he avoided speaking directly about the event that destroyed the Dragons season.

roofromoz

First Grade
Unless Sims is going to stay beyond 2022 (which I don’t think will happen as he will get much better money elsewhere) my view would be just run with what we have (ie Kiks for at least 2022).

At the right price and provided there is cap space, Tariq would definitely make the NRL squad, but would he necessarily be in our top 17?

YoungPanther

Juniors
I'd be interested in Adam Elliott at the right price. A decent team culture might see him live up to expectation. It would have to be cheap to be worth the risk though, with a few get out clauses in our favour.
Please NO. I appreciate he hasn't done anything major but I have always believed you need something between the ears to be a decent footballer and I don't see him having anything in there. Redemption stories are few and far between.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'd be interested in Adam Elliott at the right price. A decent team culture might see him live up to expectation. It would have to be cheap to be worth the risk though, with a few get out clauses in our favour.

It can't hurt. I think we may struggle to keep Kiks, and Edwards beyond the end of 2022.

I suppose it comes down to how much they want, and how much desperate clubs are prepared to throw at them.

Staines needs lean muscle in the off season and have a good start to stay. (especially if we paid top $ for him)