What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we are employing him as a defensive coach, this is relevant.
During my time backpacking in Colombia I met Pablo Escobar's former driver. One of the people in our group asked what made Pablo so successful. His answer (through a translator) was that he had an almost supernatural ability to identify what you were best at and then had you only doing that. If he thought you were good with money, you handled money. If he thought you were a good smuggler, you smuggled drugs. Before long he had a network of people only doing what they were best at and he created a multi billion dollar empire.

My point is, some people are just simply good at one particular thing. Every Head Coach of pretty much every professional team sport say the same thing - there is a lot more to the Head Coach role than just coaching.

Ciraldo good very well be an excellent defensive coach and an average head coach. Who the f**k knows - not worth us rolling the dice on it.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Anyone know what the actual deal with Brooksy is? Is he and Madge on bad terms or is that all media blowup?

I'd love to see Brooks at another club just to see whether his poor form is from the Tigers or he just isn't up to it.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I think Pascoe wants to make a definitive statement by signing Woods.
That statement being if you come up through our juniors, we make you captain, you are a crowd favourite, you are playing rep footy and then you leave trying to take our best players with you, tearing our club apart in the process, we will welcome you back any time.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Anyone know what the actual deal with Brooksy is? Is he and Madge on bad terms or is that all media blowup?

I'd love to see Brooks at another club just to see whether his poor form is from the Tigers or he just isn't up to it.
I'd love to see Brooks do well for us, for the fact to repay all the good faith we have put in him plus he seems to genuinely love the Tigers. I'm still hoping that Hastings can take control of the team next year and we give Brooks a chance at 6, he looks to me to be a more Luai type player that needs someone else to steer the ship. I still think back to when Moses was here and the biggest complaint was he kept overcalling Brooks, maybe the solution was as simple as swapping them over and giving Mitch control of the team.

WA Tiger

Bench
H
During my time backpacking in Colombia I met Pablo Escobar's former driver. One of the people in our group asked what made Pablo so successful. His answer (through a translator) was that he had an almost supernatural ability to identify what you were best at and then had you only doing that. If he thought you were good with money, you handled money. If he thought you were a good smuggler, you smuggled drugs. Before long he had a network of people only doing what they were best at and he created a multi billion dollar empire.

My point is, some people are just simply good at one particular thing. Every Head Coach of pretty much every professional team sport say the same thing - there is a lot more to the Head Coach role than just coaching.

Ciraldo good very well be an excellent defensive coach and an average head coach. Who the f**k knows - not worth us rolling the dice on

Pablo would make a good coach. One dropped ball and your dead!!

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
I think Pascoe wants to make a definitive statement by signing Woods.
That statement being if you come up through our juniors, we make you captain, you are a crowd favourite, you are playing rep footy and then you leave trying to take our best players with you, tearing our club apart in the process, we will welcome you back any time.
Ned,
I love your bitter, worn out, cynical, hate-filled views on our glorious club.

Tigerm

First Grade

Certainly a few rumours swirling around, but Madge did make him captain, so who knows?

Tigers1986

Juniors
I think Madge likes him. He's always been very supportive of him in pressers, spoke highly in clips on tiger town, and from training sessions i've attended they seem harmonious.

Done some homework on Hastings, dynamite gifted junior. Matts. A few social issues as a kid with other players.

Very competitive which is something we lack. So an interesting purchase.

Im praying for cc to join us, did everyone see the smug defence v bunnies the game before last?

Has anyone ever seen a better defensive effort this year than in last 15 minutes?

I cannot.

Last edited:

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Done some homework on Hastings, dynamite gifted junior. Matts. A few social issues as a kid with other players.

Very competitive which is something we lack. So an interesting purchase.

Im praying for cc to join us, did everyone see the smug defence v bunnies the game before last?

Has anyone ever seen a better defensive effort this year than in last 15 minutes?

I cannot.
the best defensive effort of the year was engineered by Wayne Bennett and the Rabbitohs last weekend.

If i was advising Ciraldo I would tell him to keep his 12 month commitment to Cronulla and Fitzgibbon for next season. Catnerbury and Dragons jobs may come up next year (among others).

WA Tiger

Bench
I listened to Adrian Tripodina's audition for Justin Pascoe's job and it was pretty funny.
The answers and reasons for our missed opportunity’s with players/coaches and the mess we are in etc etc are all on this podcast!!
Prediction ..if head office stay the problems will stay imo And what’s going to happen is anyone’s guess but be prepared for the unexpected

Last edited:

Latest posts