What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

st.phil

Bench
Jack Bird does not have one try assist, line break/assist for the season. So how can Griffin justify having him in the centres. Equally as mediocre is recruit Moses Suli. Ok we give our recruiters credit when they bring quality to our club, such as Jadyn Su'A. But they deserve the harshest vitriol for recruiting these two.
stats are not everything - in saying that Suli's stats are very good for limited opps, were better than lomaxs 1 for 1.

Both Suli, Sua and Molo are a pretty major step up from recruits in the past - jurys out on Burgess

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Only time will tell on Burgess but I’ll stick my neck out and say he will be the bargain of the season. As an aside Anthony Mundine had a Birmingham hip replacement also.

Thanks for the link @hewi , I knew this was what Burgess had had done, but wasn't sure exactly what it was .

Mjab

Juniors
Interesting how Dogs now have signed a few players on 1 year deals Dufty Asiata etc
I wish we could be smart like that and say if you go well we will extend you after you have proven yourself to be of use or value ( Hello Corey )
interesting that players and their agents are accepting this , even from the wooden spooners !!

We should be doing the same

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Interesting how Dogs now have signed a few players on 1 year deals Dufty Asiata etc
I wish we could be smart like that and say if you go well we will extend you after you have proven yourself to be of use or value ( Hello Corey )
interesting that players and their agents are accepting this , even from the wooden spooners !!

We should be doing the same
Maybe, but are the players and managers accepting a one year deal because no other offers are on the table? Maybe it is not the top shelf players that are accepting these 1 year deals.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Jackson Ford sh'd join em. A local Saints junior Mary jettisoned two years back, Luciano Leilua has produced good numbers this year for the Tigers..specially in his tackle busts, offloads and line assists. His run metres and defense aint too shabby either. Sounds like what our forward pack has been missing. Wonder if any chance to lure Lucie home.
and defence …..?

Hey BBJF, wasn't he a racehorse a couple of years ago ?
Sure was Denis!

images

Mjab

Juniors
Maybe, but are the players and managers accepting a one year deal because no other offers are on the table? Maybe it is not the top shelf players that are accepting these 1 year deals.
OK , I see your point but
I wouldnt call Moses Mbye top shelf , and I thought Asiata wasnt a bad player or pick up for a club ?

Corey was essentially unwanted and we gave him a 3 yr deal , who was about to steal him, and I wish they did !
Macca ?3 year deal for someone no one wanted and old and busted
McGuire 2-3 y deal another essential reject and old and busted
Molo ?3 year deal for a guy who doesnt look that great when I watch him play , certainly not top shelf

players might try a bit harder on a 2 year deal , clubs are just getting screwed by players and managers and theres nothing we can do about it
Sadly as a pathetic organisation as we are we tend to have to pay overs and overs as years too ie 5-6 yr deal Ben Hunt. 5 year deal Lomax (still yet to really deliver)

Im just having a whinge really and I see none of this will change only get worse over time

kit66

Bench
Jackson Ford a real disappointment last 2 seasons , no progression or real impact IMO

Jackson is only 23 years old and hasn't really had much opportunity or consistency within the team to date and remember 2021 is just his second full year in first grade. Earlier in the year he played a few games in a row for us at starting Lock and played really well, mighty in defence and got a few off loads away and OK metres. He's another one who seems to be going well then gets suddenly dropped or stuck on the bench. I still see a lot of potential in Jackson and think it's a shame the coaching team haven't spent the last few years really honing his ball skills. He kills it in reserves ( 2019 Dragons Canterbury Cup Player of the Year ) and could do equally as well with a good pack around him in firsts. I wouldn't write him off yet, not by a long shot. He'll be 24 going into next season and still has plenty of potential.

hewi

Bench
Thanks for the link @hewi , I knew this was what Burgess had had done, but wasn't sure exactly what it was .

Its quite interesting actually as the metal on metal can cause the bone in the pelvis to rot. They won’t do them on women because of the high failure rate. My own surgeon wouldn’t let me have them I have the standard variety. I have one friend that it didn’t work on and to rectify I was not pleasant. Having said all of that if they fail it’s usually after 5 years.

BBTB

Juniors
Its quite interesting actually as the metal on metal can cause the bone in the pelvis to rot. They won’t do them on women because of the high failure rate. My own surgeon wouldn’t let me have them I have the standard variety. I have one friend that it didn’t work on and to rectify I was not pleasant. Having said all of that if they fail it’s usually after 5 years.
Personally, I've had "the Birmingham hip resurfacing for 15yrs..Its a gem......
TESTED in the martial arts arena......

OK , I see your point but
I wouldnt call Moses Mbye top shelf , and I thought Asiata wasnt a bad player or pick up for a club ?

Corey was essentially unwanted and we gave him a 3 yr deal , who was about to steal him, and I wish they did !
Macca ?3 year deal for someone no one wanted and old and busted
McGuire 2-3 y deal another essential reject and old and busted
Molo ?3 year deal for a guy who doesnt look that great when I watch him play , certainly not top shelf

players might try a bit harder on a 2 year deal , clubs are just getting screwed by players and managers and theres nothing we can do about it
Sadly as a pathetic organisation as we are we tend to have to pay overs and overs as years too ie 5-6 yr deal Ben Hunt. 5 year deal Lomax (still yet to really deliver)

Im just having a whinge really and I see none of this will change only get worse over time

I saw the rationale of the Norman signing at the time - where Widdop left early, no one seemingly from the juniors was kicking the door down. Hutchison had left for England after missing the entire 2017 season, and they wanted to capitalise on a "premiership window" with a guy Ben Hunt had played with. But agreed 3yrs was too much, as was what we paid.

As for McCullough & McGuire, agree 3 years for AM was off-chops although I did see the rationale for McGuire as our pack was getting mowed most games and he was a bit of aggro we needed, concrete. But he also comes with a reputation and suspension risks.

redVinme

Juniors
I dont want to get my hopes up but he was always the better twin until maybe his last year here imo. Even at 80% he adds a lot if he can get there. Couple more forward signings and the toughest pre season ever and we might be looking for ok

I dont want to get my hopes up but he was always the better twin until maybe his last year here imo. Even at 80% he adds a lot if he can get there. Couple more forward signings and the toughest pre season ever and we might be looking for ok

George Burgess was close to my favourite non dragon forward in the comp in his peak at Souths. I agree if he can get back to 80% of that time he'll be a valuable addition. Hoping Tom has enlightened him on the Wim Hof method.

redVinme

Juniors
George Burgess was close to my favourite non dragon forward in the comp in his peak at Souths. I agree if he can get back to 80% of that time he'll be a valuable addition. Hoping Tom has enlightened him on the Wim Hof method.
Yep me too. Once the dropsies reduced though he was still good for a sitter he absolutely dominated some games and he drew a lot of defenders.

Latest posts