What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox league social media and journo hypocrisy. Who else has had enough of them?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Or maybe He is just providing an alternative view to the stupid WOKE agenda.

Republicans have as much right to an opinion as you Communists do
Ignoring science and facts is not a view, it’s stupidity (or in his case it has a strong self interest business motivation behind it)!
If you believe the earth is flat despite all science and evidence telling you otherwise that isn’t an opinion, it’s a delusion.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Who ignored facts?

And by the way, the science has changed every other day around the Pandemic on both sides of the political fence.

Australia's public health authorities are "actively looking" at advising the general public to wear face masks, but maintain there is no need to wear them at this stage of the coronavirus outbreak.

And your man, Dr Anthony Stephen Fauci was the one who actually started it all by allowing gain of function work in the Whun Lab in China.

Last edited:
He used his dirty media to get rid of our games previous leaders just as he does with politicians constantly denigrating them with lies until they quit. Now he has his yes men Vlandys and 'smithers' Abdo in charge and has control of our game again.

Never forget…

“We’ve always believed this (AFL) is the premium code in Australia – it’s the national game,” Murdoch told reporters on Tuesday.

“We believe in the strength of the game and we will do everything we can to make it stronger.”

He also said Foxtel, part owned by News Corp, was putting its money where it believed the station would prosper.

Fox league at it again…

A major reason I’ve turned off fox league, along with the journalistic shoutfest is the hypocrisy with portraying to be advocates of mental health yet attack and ridicule players at will….

Eg Greg Alexander saying Anthony Milford was “stealing money” at the Broncos.

Now they’ve posted on socials (quickly taken down) and website hammering Corey Norman and “promoting” hate posts about him…

I’ve quit them… I see others are doing so. And being called out by many for their hypocrisy.

This is an outrage, what can we do to stop this hypocrisy?

gordsy

Juniors
Getting back on track i did laugh when Daley had a swipe at Hook about JDB. With the dogshit origin teams he picked, you would think he would be keeping his mouth shut.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Yeah, I miss the good old days with Big League & Rugby Leagye Week. The articles were always positive, professional & accurate. Plus they never wrote with an agenda or opinion, it was factual. There was never a reason to disagree with articles, or dislike the people who wrote them.

Also, the great rugby league shows were based on the same approach - sensible opinion from talent who were always accurate & professional with their information & stats.

Plus no-one wasted time telling us that refs made mistakes. That was largely due to the lack of mistakes made by refs & touch judges. They didn’t need a bunker. I’ve watched old games from the 80s and 90s, don’t remember seeing any controversial decisions & again, the commentators were all great.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Plus no-one wasted time telling us that refs made mistakes. That was largely due to the lack of mistakes made by refs & touch judges. They didn’t need a bunker. I’ve watched old games from the 80s and 90s, don’t remember seeing any controversial decisions & again, the commentators were all great.
Watching back those old games the commentators didnt feel the need to give their opinion on every decision made and the TV didnt show 64 replays of every decision. I miss the old days when you'd walk out of the ground feeling the ref had robbed you but with no evidence that was the case lol

Mark B

Juniors
Watched 360 for the first time in months tonight. What a shit show. Yvonne Sampson the chuckling bobble head. And Buzz Rothfield revealing that he contacted Croker(Boyle)to get an inside scoop on the toilet incident. Rothfield was terrible trying to make out that Crocker (Boyle)and Elliott toddled off for a little kiss and there was nothing in it. Old Buzz must have come straight from a certain house of disrepute that has a red light shining out the front prior to going to Fox Studios.
Slothfield only attempted to blur the lines but I think Elliott and miss Croker (Boyle) were in the process of doing that before being asked to leave by staff at the restaurant.

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
Watched 360 for the first time in months tonight. What a shit show. Yvonne Sampson the chuckling bobble head. And Buzz Rothfield revealing that he contacted Croker to get an inside scoop on the toilet incident. Rothfield was terrible Trying to make out that Crocker and Elliott toddled off for a little kiss. And their was nothing in it. Old Buzz must have come straight from a certain house of disrepute that has a red light shining out the front prior to going to Fox Studios.
Slothfield only attempted to blur the lines but I think Illiott and miss Croker were the process of doing that before being asked to leave by staff at the restaurant.
Who’s Croker/Crocker in the toilet incident?

I miss the old days when you'd walk out of the ground feeling the ref had robbed you but with no evidence that was the case lol

Then when you finally reach your car after trudging from the ground, on goes the radio to Hollywood and Zorba to listen to fans of your team ringing in to say “we wuz robbed”, “what about the forward pass” and all that…

saint.nick

Coach
Gus Worland fronts mental health foundations like he's a famous ambassador, but else has he done besides getting taking it up the arse from Hugh Jackson, getting pissed with the Barmy Army for an obscure cricket documentary, and get the piss taken out of by Matty Johns every morning?

Last edited:

Mark B

Juniors
And he went to school with Hugh Jackman. Old Gus has made a career of hitching his little home made trailer onto a few very well known identities he has met.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
I’ve pretty much given up on fox league bar the fan and the games themselves. Watch Channel 9 for the games that are covered by both. Any excuse to watch Danika Mason, she pretty.

Whino

Bench
I gave up Fox league (360) 18 months ago. Got sick of the negativity and agendas.
I would watch the shows and feel negative and cranky afterwards. Either an opinion I didn't agree with or a story I didn't feel interested in, that they would rave on and on about it all week. Some things that deserved attention, they would gloss over or not mention it.
End of the day it was people I didn't respect, so why should I listen to them.
As soon as I gave them up my mood improved.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When I cancelled last week she tried to offer me a deal, then made the mistake of asking me why I cancelled. After my rant about adverts, crap shows, more adverts and no perth NRL team she was stunned into silence and just muttered 'ok I'll cancel you now' lol.

When I cancelled last week she tried to offer me a deal, then made the mistake of asking me why I cancelled. After my rant about adverts, crap shows, more adverts and no perth NRL team she was stunned into silence and just muttered 'ok I'll cancel you now' lol.

I cancelled when I moved to SA and got the the standard list of "overcoming objections" thrown at me but said I've signed up to Kayo, which stopped it all.

What I'm getting recently though is loads of texts, emails etc offering foxtel "deals" to sign back up. Mentioned it on some thread a while ago, still happening. Went to watch "The Fan" on Kayo last night - the only Fox show I watch these days - and they always start the stream during the tail-end of NRL360. Thank god for the fast forward function..

TheRam

Coach
Yeah, I miss the good old days with Big League & Rugby Leagye Week. The articles were always positive, professional & accurate. Plus they never wrote with an agenda or opinion, it was factual. There was never a reason to disagree with articles, or dislike the people who wrote them.

Also, the great rugby league shows were based on the same approach - sensible opinion from talent who were always accurate & professional with their information & stats.

I lived through that era too mate. Rose coloured glasses much?

nrlnrl

First Grade
I lived through that era too mate. Rose coloured glasses much?
Very close, it was total sarcasm. The only places for people to air their grievances (Frank Costanze style) were talkback radio, letters to papers/magazines or at the pub/a party or at work. Plus the coverage was less than half the games & people in general were just less opinionated (no social media).

How many times do you hear someone say or see it written about the 'good old days'? Not just footy, how cheaper everything was, how life was simpler etc. I'm not going to jump on that bandwagon though - happy living in the present, looking forward to the future & occasionally reflecting on the past.

Last edited: