What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2021

JJ

Immortal
Interesting games this weekend, Roosters have been so impressive and have a good show imo, but so many out. Not sure I buy the Manly hype at all…

Penrith should be making a statement this week, but the Eels are a really good side imo…

That said I’m going with the two favourites, but really not sure on the first game, the Roosters depth and character is amazing

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Interesting games this weekend, Roosters have been so impressive and have a good show imo, but so many out. Not sure I buy the Manly hype at all…

Penrith should be making a statement this week, but the Eels are a really good side imo…

That said I’m going with the two favourites, but really not sure on the first game, the Roosters depth and character is amazing

Interested on your thoughts on the Eels

The 3 weeks spell of Roosters 28-0, Souths 40-12 and manly 56-10 along with their recent finals record is something that makes me hesitant to back them at all

Whatever’s happens in that game the losing coach has some tough media ahead of them

JJ

Immortal
Interested on your thoughts on the Eels

The 3 weeks spell of Roosters 28-0, Souths 40-12 and manly 56-10 along with their recent finals record is something that makes me hesitant to back them at all

Whatever’s happens in that game the losing coach has some tough media ahead of them
yeah, that spell concerns me too - but most of their season has been strong, and they've played well against some good teams too - in a sense similar to Manly, they were pounded by Melbourne , had a horrible spell at the start of the season etc...

Think it remains a 2 horse race, although obviously Souths are the dark horse... without their catastrophic injuries, the Roosters would be right there - even now, aside from the halves they match ip relatively well with your lot imo - Manu and SST and now Verrills gone are further body blows, but they just keep coming

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
If the Roosters come out at a decent price for next season I’ll jump straight on it

Crazy we are so heavily favoured tonight with the betting agencies, if Sutton keeps the game open it will benefit us but if it’s a dogfight with a skinny 10 and slow play the ball they’ll be right in

Keighran will have a big task ahead of him with Foran/Schuster/Tom looking up on him. My pick for the game is Olakau’atu to have a monster game

Reactions: JJ

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I've got Manly - Roosters just decimated. I don't think you can expect to win too many finals games with Drew Hutchison and Lachlan Lam in the halves.

And as much as I think Parramatta are a decent team, they only just over the Knights who are real average, and the Pennies will be stinging. I think that'll be a 20-30 point game.

Soft penalty there on Tom T helped Manly open up their account. After the manly error as well. Bunker involved this weekend?

I think it was JWH held in scrum there when DCE scores. Didn't we or someone get done for that recently?
I take that back on watching replay, it was minimal. 3 players over shot it going wide.
Manly carving up a mistake riddled Roosters.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Some massive work to do before next week, Souths dismantle the right edge with ease and I’m not sure what’s happened to Harper the last 2 weeks but he looks vulnerable every play

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Gutsy season from the Roosters, think the 2nd half of the season has shown the strength of the comp for them, when they’ve played the top 4 they’ve been blown off the park, but can handle everything below them

Blair

Coach
Gutsy season from the Roosters, think the 2nd half of the season has shown the strength of the comp for them, when they’ve played the top 4 they’ve been blown off the park, but can handle everything below them.

Is it true that that was Manly's first win over a top-five side this season? (Gould said it might be).

Either way, look at you, one win over an 'inconsistent' Souths and you're in the grand final.

What a shame next week's game isn't in Sydney. Being nostalgic I'd love it at the old SFS.

News on tonight, Brian To'o is out for the Panthers. Big loss, particularly because he was average last week (who wasn't?) and surely would've made amends this week. Like Tom T, he's had a consistently great season. Too good to play two poor games in a row.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Gutsy season from the Roosters, think the 2nd half of the season has shown the strength of the comp for them, when they’ve played the top 4 they’ve been blown off the park, but can handle everything below them

Yeah only played Roosters and Souths in round 1 and 2 and Penrith were rounds 4 and 8 when they were red hot

It’s all semantics though as the Eels were in the top 4 both times we flogged them