What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 SF 1 Fri - Manly 42-6 Sydney @ BB Print

Finals Week 2: Manly v Sydney

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Melbourne are winning another gift premiership. Do your best to get used to it now boys. This comp's credibility is at rock bottom levels.

This Year?

Immortal
Congratulations to Josh Morris on a wonderful career. Seeing the guard of honour from both teams as he left the field was a really nice touch. Although he's not the most celebrated player, Josh has been solid for the majority of his career. He's always played in the spirit of the game and represented whichever jersey he has worn in a positive way. Thank you for the memories and best wishes post playing career 🍻

Manly's rucks seemed really fast for a huge amount of that game and they were able to break the line running unders pretty much at will. The inexperience of a few players, the crazy heat and humidity, plus an early dash of Sutton and the result was decided early. I really want to give the Roosters shit, but I just can't. Any side that can make it to the 2nd week of the finals doesn't deserve it.
Manly face an even bigger challenge next week and aren't we lucky we get treated to another week of Tommy.

Last edited:
At times, Turbo did look a little sore and sorry during this match, especially after his last try. Souths will target his injury next week as it will be interesting how he pull up.
I know they have to first get the game into a position where the result is beyond doubt and all but Tommy should’ve come off way sooner. He could’ve started the second half on the bench and get put on to play if the Roosters scored a try or two. Does wouldn’t have been the first coach to try such a thing.

Yeah Im not going to take too much pleasure in the bloodbath.

I am disappointed that the match was so one-sided, but we were treated to some champagne footy as Manly clicked into overdrive.

Whatever challenges the roosters had ( many) the win was perfectly orchestrated by Desmond, brilliant switches in play, sublime tactics, perfect bench rotation etc.

I make fun of him, but my heat beats a bit faster for our brother DCE when he’s on. He’s unbelievable.

That try he scored slicing through their defence, like a knife through butter, that was almighty superb read of defence and gap finding, the step of an angel and over untouched. Take a bow DCE. When you’re on, you are one of the best mate.

One of the great individual tries of the year.

I might also congratulate Foran for surviving the year. Such a troubled career, now in a good place. We all love to see a player recover. The glamorous underdog.

I think Robbo did his utmost, but the seagulls were so switched on.

Morris boys, the greatest brothers of all time in the game. Well brought up bu their parents, and property of the game, not any club.

DCE: the step of an angel. Plus he does as much charity and good deeds than any player in the game. He’s on big money, but he gives back 100 fold when he doesn’t have to.

Last edited:
Just as a chaser for people’s DCE perception, I remember that year he spent his limited off season holiday helping to build a school in a remote area in a third world country. Hard labour, no insurance etc. Busting his back.

It was all voluntary and in fact he spent thousands of dollars of his own money helping the really poor and needy.

Other players on the booze and getting up to mischief, sleeping on the couch at home in Oz chilling. Self entitled ego crap.

He never sings his own praises. Always credits the whole team. Didn’t snitch on Hastings etc.

He’s untouched in terms of his personal character.

I predict he will have a massive future in public life after he hangs up the boots.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
the eagles were hot tonight

should take it right up to souffs next week
Souffs have shown they have a defensive effort in them, albeit only once really and against an attack that didn't throw that much at them and couldn't convert its opportunities. Manly have shown vulnerability against a well drilled defence several times. This is as even money as they come.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Souffs have shown they have a defensive effort in them, albeit only once really and against an attack that didn't throw that much at them and couldn't convert its opportunities. Manly have shown vulnerability against a well drilled defence several times. This is as even money as they come.
But will Turbo continue to avoid running up the middle?

Manly [played well, no doubt. My team had just run out of petrol for this game, the injuries and effort to get this far had taken its toll. Proud of the team for making it this far, just slightly disappointed it was so one sided (but not unexpected in the circumstances).

Souths have the week off and will be double powered and fresh.

The roosters only had enough in the tank to present an aggravated training run after half time.

But the fact they showed something took a few extras to manage.

The Rabbitohs would have preferred a dire struggle with maximum impact for both sides.

I heard people many weeks ago slotting Manly in the big dance. Like every one else, I couldn’t find the consistency, but I’m seeing a lot of fight.

If they win the big one, that would still be somewhat unexpected but deserved.

Probably the bunnies and the storms have the momentum though, the eels are capable, Penrith need to smug up. Cleary is still about the best player in the game atm. Massive assett.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Melbourne are winning another gift premiership. Do your best to get used to it now boys. This comp's credibility is at rock bottom levels.
I agree Melb will probably win it but the gifts have certainly not been their way, its been all Souffs and Penrith, esp Penrith

Saxon

Bench
Yep, forced to spend the best part of two years living away from home. Living out of hotel rooms. Being unable to play in front of a home crowd. Yep, what a gift.

seanoff

Juniors
Nine's camerawork is just so f**king awful compared to Fox's, which is saying something.
there Is only one tech crew at games (NEP). Fox probs have their own director in the NEP hub in sydney, but the camera angles will be exactly the same, it’ll be just how and when they use them.

This is confirmation bias regarding the angles.

t-ba

Post Whore
there Is only one tech crew at games (NEP). Fox probs have their own director in the NEP hub in sydney, but the camera angles will be exactly the same, it’ll be just how and when they use them.

This is confirmation bias regarding the angles.

Wow, you mean to say that Fox uses the Ch9 feed for games it simulcasts?

No Way Disbelief GIF

Latest posts