What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

TheParraboy

Staff member
I see two things happening. I'll be honest a likely scenario is Penriths defense is just to good and they keep us to a duck egg. They slowly grind to a 10 point lead before exploding late in the game once we become frustrated and it gets ugly.
The other is we score the first try and keep it tight. Not saying we will win but it will keep us in the contest a lot longer.
If we go 6 nil up and they do get on top in may only be 10-6 with 20 to go and we will still have loads of belief and energy. They'd also get nervous. That's when we can get them.
Let them score first and they will relax and get into their game plan. At which point we may start to panic and push things falling into the trap. Our side if went 10 down I worry about. That is when we fold. Get the first try and I reckon we are a $2.50 chance not 4-1.

Storms defense has been basically on par with Penriths, and we scored 4 skillful tries vs them, couple of weeks back. 90% completion rate helped. This is despite Storm for 60min (until there were too tired to do it) piling on 3 per tackle and peeling off slowly. Dont think Penrith are as good (or blatant) as the Storm in the ruck

For mine . easy. Keep our unforced errors to a minimum, and kick chase to be very good. Then we have the artillary/speed and skill to roll them.

Luai and JFH are out of sorts, and no To'o. Plus the pressure on Penrith to win

So glad we aint playing Souths

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Movie Avatar GIF

Kornstar

Coach
Does anyone really think we stand a chance? I know miracles can happen but i don't see us getting within 2 scores of them, and that is being very generous.

I think we could have a game like last night where it will just show the difference between the top 4 and the rest of the comp.

Go Eels.

Chipmunk

Coach
Interesting one today. Nothing really to lose from here on in, but if we don't get past this week, is this seen as another failure?

A conundrum of sorts.

I'm not expecting a win in this one, but nor was I expecting one against the Storm less than a month ago.

A simple scenario for mine. If we bring our A grade power game and commitment in defence - we win. If we dont - we lose.

Kornstar

Coach
Interesting one today. Nothing really to lose from here on in, but if we don't get past this week, is this seen as another failure?

A conundrum of sorts.

I'm not expecting a win in this one, but nor was I expecting one against the Storm less than a month ago.

A simple scenario for mine. If we bring our A grade power game and commitment in defence - we win. If we dont - we lose.

I think it is a complete failure if it is anything other than competitive.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Naden has a mistake or two in him i certainly would be putting pressure on him when we can and i reckon he is the type of player to melt when the heat is on

Gazzamatta

Coach
Storms defense has been basically on par with Penriths, and we scored 4 skillful tries vs them, couple of weeks back. 90% completion rate helped. This is despite Storm for 60min (until there were too tired to do it) piling on 3 per tackle and peeling off slowly. Dont think Penrith are as good (or blatant) as the Storm in the ruck

For mine . easy. Keep our unforced errors to a minimum, and kick chase to be very good. Then we have the artillary/speed and skill to roll them.

Luai and JFH are out of sorts, and no To'o. Plus the pressure on Penrith to win

So glad we aint playing Souths
Yeah. Fingers crossed JFH has been up changing nappys and breast feeding all night.

Gazzamatta

Coach
As I have said 1000x I support the Eels.
I grew up near Penrith and I also like seeing them do well. But f**k them
I understand mate. Ive got a real interest in The Tits but thats because of Super Coach Holbrook. If its Tits V Eels then fu*k them Tits.

Latest posts