What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters

gerg

Juniors
Based on precedent this season he deserves a suspension. The problem is, in the exact same round, they gave someone else a lessor charge for a very similar incident.

Just lol at the attempts to compare this to Latrell.
Which similar incident are you comparingit to?

Galeforce

Bench
There are two differences between LM and Verrills

LM came flying in from a distance
Manu's cheek cracked

The similarities
Both hit with same point of shoulder
both injured players were suddenly falling just before respective hits
Both connected with head

The split second involved , neither player AIMED for head , neither player aimed for a specific part of the head. Both accidents , with LM unfortunately hit the cheek.

Blaming the Manu injury due to LM coming in hard is ludicrous. Sam Burgess had his cheek bone broken in the GF because of the "point" of contact , not the speed James Graham coming into the tackle.

If LM tackle would have landed six inches lower in would have been deemed a great tackle ........same with Verril.Six inches is the difference between a GREAT tackle and a "shocker". Given the distance and speed LM was coming in , there actually more chance of an error on LM tackle. Folks claiming intentional by LM are stupid.Same with folks making that claim on Verrill. Neither tackle illegal if six inches lower, both Careless in my view.

I have no issue , if NRL states Charge will be based on severity of a resulting injury.Missed game time in line with missed action due to injury. But lets get away from the "media circus" and outrage that followed LM tackle versus the "oh dear" poor Verrill.

Last edited:

fowlster

Juniors
But lets get away from the "media circus" and outrage that followed LM tackle versus the "oh dear" poor Verrill.

Sure.

I agree with bits of your post.
Main difference was Mitchell was moving into the tackle.
Verrills was standing still.
They both contacted the head and should both have been cited.

So why the media and fan circus?
Is it a Souths thing?
Is it racism?

I believe it is Mitchells history of grubbiness (even at the Roosters) and his reaction after the event.

I still think if Mitchell had been sent off, it wouldn't have blown up as it did.
Verrills could have also been binned in my opinion.

100% agreed he came out with the massive whinges after falldesco got hit a couple of times and now its come back to bite him
I do think there needs to be a discussion about Teddy’s technique when going to the line. Last week when he set up a try he deliberately fell to his knees as he passed it; at least looked deliberate to me as he wasn’t touched and he folded his knees under his body. I think it is just something that has come into his game; I don’t think he necessarily does it on purpose, just a habit he has got himself into.

I think it is something the Roosters should look at. Obviously increases the chances of him getting injured. Given the profile of Teddy it also increases the chances of an incident being created. And when an incident does occur, it is difficult to untangle whether it is legitimate foul play or not.

I do think there needs to be a discussion about Teddy’s technique when going to the line. Last week when he set up a try he deliberately fell to his knees as he passed it; at least looked deliberate to me as he wasn’t touched and he folded his knees under his body. I think it is just something that has come into his game; I don’t think he necessarily does it on purpose, just a habit he has got himself into.

I think it is something the Roosters should look at. Obviously increases the chances of him getting injured. Given the profile of Teddy it also increases the chances of an incident being created. And when an incident does occur, it is difficult to untangle whether it is legitimate foul play or not.
And I hasten to add I don’t think every time that Teddy gets hit in the head it is his fault. He has definitely been the victim of some high shots. But in some instances he has a technique issue that increases the chances of head contact, and that has implications for him and his long-term health, his team and his opponents.

soc123_au

Staff member
There are two differences between LM and Verrills

LM came flying in from a distance
Manu's cheek cracked

The similarities
Both hit with same point of shoulder
both injured players were suddenly falling just before respective hits
Both connected with head

The split second involved , neither player AIMED for head , neither player aimed for a specific part of the head. Both accidents , with LM unfortunately hit the cheek.

Blaming the Manu injury due to LM coming in hard is ludicrous. Sam Burgess had his cheek bone broken in the GF because of the "point" of contact , not the speed James Graham coming into the tackle.

If LM tackle would have landed six inches lower in would have been deemed a great tackle ........same with Verril.Six inches is the difference between a GREAT tackle and a "shocker". Given the distance and speed LM was coming in , there actually more chance of an error on LM tackle. Folks claiming intentional by LM are stupid.Same with folks making that claim on Verrill. Neither tackle illegal if six inches lower, both Careless in my view.

I have no issue , if NRL states Charge will be based on severity of a resulting injury.Missed game time in line with missed action due to injury. But lets get away from the "media circus" and outrage that followed LM tackle versus the "oh dear" poor Verrill.
Latrell flying in from a distance as you stated makes it more likely to go wrong. That's exactly the reason it's reckless. High chance of ending badly, and he still did it. I dont think for a second that he planned on seriously injuring Manu or hitting him high. I just dont think he thought about what could happen at all. Careless is a tired forward sticking a lazy arm out, reckless is steaming in like a lunatic without considering the consequences.

Bazal

Post Whore
Radley's brain is so smooth you could ice skate on it.

Not a lot in that but how f**king dumb is he?

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Butcher charge probably the knees into Turbos ribs when he scored the barge over try.

Something Karen Robbo would be crying about, I'm sure.

Latest posts