What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 SF 2 Sat - Penrith 8-6 Parramatta @ BB Print

Finals Week 2: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
That was an absorbing game. really enjoyable. Both sides sketchy on attack but very willing in defence.

Even as a Manly fan last night the last twenty minutes was just torture hoping no one got suspended or injured. This one went right down to the last minute.
I was surprisingly calm for such a tense match. But then again, I was bladdered.

GongPanther

Referee
I’ve never noticed how much salt there is towards the Panthers… why? Cos after 20 years of being cannon fodder we built a good side? Strange.
That is LU for you, and fans need someone to hate I suppose. Interesting that out of the our teams remaining, historically the Panthers are usually not the most despised side.

Bazal

Post Whore
I’ve never noticed how much salt there is towards the Panthers… why? Cos after 20 years of being cannon fodder we built a good side? Strange.

See exhibit A below

That is LU for you, and fans need someone to hate I suppose. Interesting that out of the our teams remaining, historically the Panthers are usually not the most despised side.

A few shit posters like old mate and the The Flog have lead to the forum banter (and tbh most Penny fans take it great which is fun), plus Ivan is pretty unlikeable and that seems to have rubbed off on the players.

Sucks for me as a Westie, normally I'd be on the little bros bandwagon now that we're done but I just can't do it...I don't actively wish them poorly though like Melbourne

t-ba

Post Whore
Good so you agree you should be stripped of last nights game and we should play next week. Make it so, Mr V’landys.

Thing is the Eels would have needed to actually take advantage of the momentum the Penrith trainer stole from Parra.

Nothing suggests that would have happened.

84 Baby

Referee
Thing is the Eels would have needed to actually take advantage of the momentum the Penrith trainer stole from Parra.

Nothing suggests that would have happened.
I think all evidence points to us scoring that very tackle

GongPanther

Referee
See exhibit A below

A few shit posters like old mate and the The Flog have lead to the forum banter (and tbh most Penny fans take it great which is fun), plus Ivan is pretty unlikeable and that seems to have rubbed off on the players.

Sucks for me as a Westie, normally I'd be on the little bros bandwagon now that we're done but I just can't do it...I don't actively wish them poorly though like Melbourne
That is a bald statement.

big hit!

Bench
Seriously

Trainers should not be allowed on the field at all except after try at best

Any medical examinations needed should be from somebody hired by the NRL

I cant think of any other sport that allows so much interference to come from outside the 13 players on field. There were a few years where trainers were basically acting like second halfbacks on the field

They've made adjustments to the rules in recent years, particularly around the blue (messenger) shirt, and yellow (assistant medical/water) shirt.

It seems orange (physio) shirt still has free rein. Some of these guys are on behind the attacking team from the very first tackle.

big hit!

Bench
Nah cos we were very clearly due!

Stone would've dropped the ball at dummy half, fluffed the pass, or passed to a middle who was clearly running a block play expecting the pass to go out the back to a half.

Mahony or Lussick and Parra would've had better control around the ruck in attack and most likely win.

No slight on Stone. He was playing out of position. But his errors were critical in the second half.

t-ba

Post Whore
At least Kenny was legitimately injured and still somewhat in the vicinity of the play. It wasn't even close to the worst example of teams taking advantage of dumb rules last night.

What's that old saying?

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

If the rules are there to exploit teams are mad not to.

Still sucks, but that's on V'landys for not thinking before doing. Look at the walking nightmare that is the six again.