What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 starting 17? and BAs tenure

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't reckon BA will be extended regardless of where we finish 2022.
He will know within the next 3-4 months that 2022 will be his last year and that the club intend to let him finish the complete year.

Whether he does stay the whole year or not will be up to him. And it isn't a sacking. It is the end of a contract - not the same thing.
Really? Is this just an opinion, or based on some kind of intel?

TheParraboy

Staff member
I don't see we would learn any more mid way through next season than what we don't already know.

Fair enough , your opinion

IMO Finals performances were different
More than unlucky not to make it to week 3 this year (anyone who thinks otherwise didnt watch the game last night) , and without our hooker who was in sublime form.

Also know we got some great young talent coming through in the backline who will be better next year. and Moses finally maturing

Incorrect

Coach
He will know within the next 3-4 months that 2022 will be his last year and that the club intend to let him finish the complete year.

Whether he does stay the whole year or not will be up to him. And it isn't a sacking. It is the end of a contract - not the same thing.
Similar to the way we brought Brian Smith's tenure at the club to an end. Which basically saw the first half of his last season turn in to a cluster f**k. He wasn't invested, and the players weren't either. Somehow we scraped in to the finals after Smithy walked and JT took over.

That's my fear if he is told in the next 2-3 months that he won't be extended beyond next year. That 2022 will be a write off and a lot of those players off contract at the end of 2022 depart. We'll be starting from scratch in 2023....

Avenger

Immortal

Which is why we go all out for Trent Robinson for season 2023 and before anyone says it won't happen. Who would have thought that Bennett would go to Saints or Hasler to Canterbury.

It happen$.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This time last year we wanted another half as Dylbags was not a playmaker and offered little

I reckon we can put all that nonsense aside now as he really has matured a lot this year and he's starting to develop a running and passing game, still the best defending half in the NRL

safe to say we are not looking for another half now but a bigger problem may be hanging onto him if reports are correct

strider

Post Whore
Which is why we go all out for Trent Robinson for season 2023 and before anyone says it won't happen. Who would have thought that Bennett would go to Saints or Hasler to Canterbury.

It happen$.
Uncle Nick has lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If he leaves the roosters it won't be cos we give him $s, it will be because he wants a change

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
This time last year we wanted another half as Dylbags was not a playmaker and offered little

I reckon we can put all that nonsense aside now as he really has matured a lot this year and he's starting to develop a running and passing game, still the best defending half in the NRL

safe to say we are not looking for another half now but a bigger problem may be hanging onto him if reports are correct
Can't agree. His attack is still fairly ordinary.

Chipmunk

Coach
Fair enough , your opinion

IMO Finals performances were different
More than unlucky not to make it to week 3 this year (anyone who thinks otherwise didnt watch the game last night) , and without our hooker who was in sublime form.

Also know we got some great young talent coming through in the backline who will be better next year. and Moses finally maturing
Yes, but my point is that we won't be playing any Finals between now and when Origin is on, so what will we learn more between now and then that we don't already know?

There is nothing really in the positive that can occur between today and Origin, that would change what we already know.

strider

Post Whore
two things would have to happen to prise robbo from the rooters

1) he would have to want to leave ... maybe this could happen. Buggered if I know where he is at.

2) The roosters would need to have a shit hot alternative lined up .... who? They lost fitzgibbon. I don't think they have another strong assistant ready ..... Bennet? Bellamy?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
so you wouldn't have him in the 17 next year ?
We discussed this earlier this morning in another thread.

There aren't any other options at the moment so he stays but to improve we need some more attacking potency in the spine. I have enormous respect for his effort and intensity but I don't think he is the player that we need.

Nicho Hynes would have been a great pick-up. Throw him in at 1, move Gutho to 6 and let someone else pay overs for Brown.

Avenger

Immortal

Moses, Mahoney and Brown are the last players I'd offload. He is a gun.