What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Preliminary Semifinal V Storm

Panfa

Juniors
One positive out of a 4pm kickoff it won't be slippery,but fatigue wise I hope cleary gives the boys a few days off to recover or some light sessions during the week.I don't think kikau will be a big loss he hasn't been playing well and is lazy in defence sometimes.T'oo and leniu in for naden kikau and tago in for Kenny.

WestyLife

First Grade
One positive out of a 4pm kickoff it won't be slippery,but fatigue wise I hope cleary gives the boys a few days off to recover or some light sessions during the week.I don't think kikau will be a big loss he hasn't been playing well and is lazy in defence sometimes.T'oo and leniu in for naden kikau and tago in for Kenny.
Yeah that fatigue will be a killer. It was such a belter last night.

TheRiff

Juniors
Critta should be centre, Naden was epic and should get the right wing spot, I'd take another forward instead of Kenny, May. Get Lenui on the bench to help the middles even if only a short stint for fatigue sake.

Then if Api goes down it is game over, May will come in for Kenny. If Kikau is out Tago should come in for variety

WestyLife

First Grade
Then if Api goes down it is game over, May will come in for Kenny. If Kikau is out Tago should come in for variety
Yeah I know hooker cover is the point. Just thinking if Api gets through 80 minutes we're basically wasting a spot. I know it's definitely a risk. If desperate could throw Luai there and Burton to 5/8 or something.

Like I said I know it's a bit out of left field and a risk.

TheRiff

Juniors
Whether its Kikau or TPJ we need one of the next to Luai. It's a totally different edge when we have them there. Leinu in for an injured Kikau (Or Leota, I think I saw him hobbling post match).

If Edwards doesn't play I'd take Naden on the right wing. Ivan is all about combos and probably has Staines there but Naden is playing much better football.

So many questions around fitness. May for Kenny is likely but we don't know if he will be fit. Tago is a bit of a wild card here.

Martin just runs bad lines and offers not much in attack, TPJ or Kiks gets the guys around sucked in.

TheRiff

Juniors
Yeah I know hooker cover is the point. Just thinking if Api gets through 80 minutes we're basically wasting a spot. I know it's definitely a risk. If desperate could throw Luai there and Burton to 5/8 or something.

Like I said I know it's a bit out of left field and a risk.

Tago should be on the bench but you need all bases covered in the 17

WestyLife

First Grade
Tago should be on the bench but you need all bases covered in the 17
May is obviously getting picked. Hopefully Tago gets a run. Not sure who else would fill the spot of second row on the bench. Hopgood has been a middle this year.

Fangs

Coach
3 tries denied by the bunker last night.
Martin just runs bad lines and offers not much in attack, TPJ or Kiks gets the guys around sucked in.

That is it. I'm not so concerned about the left getting rushed by the defence when we have a big body like Kikau out there. I assume that Cleary will keep starting Martin and benching Kikau. With his injury that may even reduce his minutes if he plays anyway.

Its also a much better edge with To'o. Not just his finishing ability. I think Luai and To'o love playing together. They feed off each other and it will be better for coms.

TheRiff

Juniors
3 tries denied by the bunker last night.

That is it. I'm not so concerned about the left getting rushed by the defence when we have a big body like Kikau out there. I assume that Cleary will keep starting Martin and benching Kikau. With his injury that may even reduce his minutes if he plays anyway.

Its also a much better edge with To'o. Not just his finishing ability. I think Luai and To'o love playing together. They feed off each other and it will be better for coms.

If you are Melbourne you aren't going to want the half one on one with him, this forces the defence to hang back which gives more time.

TheRiff

Juniors
May is obviously getting picked. Hopefully Tago gets a run. Not sure who else would fill the spot of second row on the bench. Hopgood has been a middle this year.

TPJ should be on an edge, him on the Right edge at the Broncs was so dangerous

Crashtest

Juniors
I guess they could play Sorensen as the 2nd row bench cover, and bring in Leniu to play middle instead of Sorensen.

Smug Panther

First Grade
The fact Ivan wouldn’t make the tough call by dropping Momirovski and putting Crichton back to centre is exactly why he’ll always be a middle of the road coach. You don’t beat a team like the Storm by taking the cautious approach.
Momo tries hard and can defend. He's a solid squad player but he's nothing more than an injury fill in

murraymob

Coach
Looks like we will need a new trainer for the weekend ours is I. A bit of trouble.he received a warning earlier in the year from the NRL
He will be asked to explain calling for the game to be stoped for the Kenny Injury from the side line before he had gone out to Kenny to acess the injury