What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

Yep.

Two professional fouls in that passage of play - Luai, the germ, holding Moses back, and Momirovski tackling Penisini without the ball.

Predictably, the ref missed it, and the bunker did nothing.
If one of our players punched one of theirs after that would they then stop play and we could challenge and get a penalty or penalty try? And then did the punch ever happen?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I agree with that for a regular season game - bit in a Finals match with more at stake, they should review every 50-50 call..

Seriously the bunker should just stay out of it all together except for tries. If the refs miss it bad luck the bunker picking and choosing when it wants to get involved leads to too much inconsistency and this rubbish going back 3 or 4 tackles sometimes another set looking at foul play is ridiculous

Eelementary

Post Whore
Seriously the bunker should just stay out of it all together except for tries. If the refs miss it bad luck the bunker picking and choosing when it wants to get involved leads to too much inconsistency and this rubbish going back 3 or 4 tackles sometimes another set looking at foul play is ridiculous

I would agree; however, they interfered last night to the benefit of the Panthers.

And Finals games shouldn't be decided by erroneous calls, when the Bunker has the ability to over-rule decisions by reviewing the footage...

yy_cheng

Coach
I know they often review high contact that is missed but I don't recall them ever reviewing those that are called and reversing them. Might be wrong.
yeah marata's was called back i believe when the play stopped and then got put on report and penalty to Panfers.

Paps get hit in the face... he protests but nothing... the bunker seeing paps reaction should've reviewed it.. Paps should take a fall next time otherwise, being nice does you no good

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anyhow how was everyone copping today? Everyone ok?

always tough once the eels are finished for the year considering how much we put into supporting them!

Always find it a bit tough the day after the eels season is over.

Kornstar

Coach
I think both teams played as well as each other. I don't feel a strong sense of injustice even though there were a few questionable decisions. We had our chances and didn't take them.

I do tend to agree with this. As an underdog you are always going to need to beat the refs, it's just the way it goes.

We had enough chances and someone always dropped the ball or took the wrong option.

For me this game was always being up to it to our eyeballs and taking it to one of the best teams in the comp and we did just that and that is for the second time in the last month.

Like others have said, just need an x factor.......i just don't know where we get that from given what is available and the lack of one coming through our juniors!

Now we just have to wait 6 more months and we get to start again!

Noise

Coach

always tough once the eels are finished for the year considering how much we put into supporting them!

It’s shit house. Avoiding all footy tv shows / sites except for here. Spent most of the day surfing / at the beach as a distraction. Off season boredom has already set in. I even had an arvo nap for the first time this year during what would have been the Sunday footy time slot. March is a long way away.

Suitman

Post Whore

Tbh, I'm more disappointed today than any of the past so many seasons semi final exits. We really should have, and could have, won that game last night, and made a statement to wankers like Gould.
I also would have loved to have been going up against Melbourne again next week. I reckon they would have preferred to be playing the Panthers rather than us. They got their wish
Sadly, it wasn't to be.

eels_fan

First Grade
Just reported on 2GB the Penrith trainer is under investigation for the incident towards the end of the game, apparently approached the touch judge to stop play and he hasn’t even been on the field yet to see what was wrong. Had already received a Warning earlier in the year for doing the same thing

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I do tend to agree with this. As an underdog you are always going to need to beat the refs, it's just the way it goes.

We had enough chances and someone always dropped the ball or took the wrong option.

For me this game was always being up to it to our eyeballs and taking it to one of the best teams in the comp and we did just that and that is for the second time in the last month.

Like others have said, just need an x factor.......i just don't know where we get that from given what is available and the lack of one coming through our juniors!

Now we just have to wait 6 more months and we get to start again!
Spot on Korny.

Noise

Coach
Just reported on 2GB the Penrith trainer is under investigation for the incident towards the end of the game, apparently approached the touch judge to stop play and he hasn’t even been on the field yet to see what was wrong. Had already received a Warning earlier in the year for doing the same thing
That should meanthe touch judge / ref is in trouble as well. They should know that the trainer has to be with the injured player to make an assessment.

Oscarman

Juniors
Means nothing now, I mean a referee, two sideline officials and the bunker couldn't even see that tells you how incompetent they are.

Some of the decisions last night were absolutely appalling for semi final standards.
There's another word to use besides incompetent to describe them.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors

No exaggeration- seething all day long. I can handle being beaten. Christ knows you get used to it as an Eels fan. But that was bordering on rigged. Of course it’s not, but it was inept.

Latest posts