What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

The Realist

Juniors
Not having had a chance to read previous comment my thought are Burton Crichton and Martins were not there usual selves from earlier in the year especially in attack. Need to see more of them next Saturday.

Pretty much nailed it.

Martin is less then a shadow of himself.

Burton was icing most 1/2 chances and made the correct decision the vast majority of the time earlier in the season. Since then whilst he hasn't been bad, his decision making appears to have deserted him. I think the long season has caught up with the younster. He looks a little tired and jaded out there.

Crichton did okay. We have seen him get far more involved and he perhaps could have gotten a little more involved...but Parra avoided kicking down his end like the plague.

All 3 will need to lift significantly if we are to challenge the Storm.

hindy111

Post Whore
We were really lucky. Capewell doesn't knock that ball down we lose. Crichton doesn't reel in that lob we lose. If the ball at the end of Fergo's kick just takes a normal bounce we probably lose.

TPJ and Yeo were awesome. Edwards and Api were awesome too but not without costly mistakes.

Don't know what the carry on is about Kikau, he basically threw that shit ball to Burton then went off injured.

Edwards was hobbling after about 10 mins. His foot's f**ked, obviously he's just playing through it.

8 on 6 overlap. Mitch Kenny is down and trainer stops play. Quite a fair chance Parra score and you lose.... I dislike these stopages and find it blip on game tbh.

Black Diamond

Juniors
8 on 6 overlap. Mitch Kenny is down and trainer stops play. Quite a fair chance Parra score and you lose.... I dislike these stopages and find it blip on game tbh.
No different to the stoppage when Blake was actually off the field. Penrith have the overlap advantage but Parra trainer stops play while Blake not even on field, quite a fair chance Panthers score too. Why isn't this being discussed?

This is not something new...how many times have other teams trainers stopped play and not a word in media. Storm are experts at it, calling stoppages for leg cramps.

Just more whining from a bunch of sore losers grasping at excuses for failing again.

hindy111

Post Whore
No different to the stoppage when Blake was actually off the field. Penrith have the overlap advantage but Parra trainer stops play while Blake not even on field, quite a fair chance Panthers score too. Why isn't this being discussed?

This is not something new...how many times have other teams trainers stopped play and not a word in media. Storm are experts at it, calling stoppages for leg cramps.

Just more whining from a bunch of sore losers grasping at excuses for failing again.

Agree. Its a blip on game

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yes a blip on the game that Penrith Panthers are being investigated for on the eve of a prelim because Arthur bitched about something that his team did in same match and every other team has been guilty of, why is it Penriths problem solely?

Exactly. Talk about being sour losers.

I agree with the point that other teams have done this and have myself pointed out the Waqa one; he wasn’t even on the field so in my opinion was far worse (albeit Penrith were deep in their own area, so six of one…)

But can we stop claiming that Parra are whingers. A few things in the match did go our way and Parra have some legit vibes about some of the calls and circumstances. If it some of the went against us, this forum would be going ballistic.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I agree with the point that other teams have done this and have myself pointed out the Waqa one; he wasn’t even on the field so in my opinion was far worse (albeit Penrith were deep in their own area, so six of one…)

But can we stop claiming that Parra are whingers. A few things in the match did go our way and Parra have some legit vibes about some of the calls and circumstances. If it some of the went against us, this forum would be going ballistic.

The dummy spit by Arthur last night......nothing more than a temper tantrum. I saw it as being a sore loser.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If the roles were reversed, what would Ivan or Wayne or Robbo or Bellyache have done?

There were calls last night that went both ways.

The game being stopped when Penrith on the attack by trainer, and Blake was already on the side line.

Exactly the same thing.

It took 2 trainers last night to get Kenny off the field. According to some with an Eels leaning he wasn't injured. There is talk today that it could be a serious ankle injury like an achilles. Which is a 9 month lay off.

Fergusions lay down penalty for a 'clayton's crusher'. When Fergusion jumped up he should have been binned for contary conduct.

I found these incidents without even thinking about it.

Black Diamond

Juniors

They are whingers. Go watch the game again, we had plenty of bad calls too.

They are whingers. Go watch the game again, we had plenty of bad calls too.
I agree we had plenty of bad calls; and that is the point. We are complaining about them and we won. Imagine if that game had of been the end of our season, and you are the coach, and then 10mins later you are expected to answer questions about the loss. Probably will also be asked about your ability to get past week two of the finals. Probably be some question (either explicit or implicitly) suggesting your job is under threat. I don’t blame BA for the presser.

In terms of fans, we watch games through the lens of our teams. I don’t deny the Parra fans a chance to point out the things that went against them. Most are saying that Penrith played well and it was a great game.

I’m just saying let’s catch them some slack.

unKwn

Juniors
I agree we had plenty of bad calls; and that is the point. We are complaining about them and we won. Imagine if that game had of been the end of our season, and you are the coach, and then 10mins later you are expected to answer questions about the loss. Probably will also be asked about your ability to get past week two of the finals. Probably be some question (either explicit or implicitly) suggesting your job is under threat. I don’t blame BA for the presser.

In terms of fans, we watch games through the lens of our teams. I don’t deny the Parra fans a chance to point out the things that went against them. Most are saying that Penrith played well and it was a great game.

I’m just saying let’s catch them some slack.
I can understand just after a game ends being frustrated with refereeing and all that. But 24 hours later and its just annoying. Parra had enough opportunities to win that at the end

The Predictor

Juniors

Your so full of shit, you won this game because of that bald knt’s refereeing, you will crash back back to earth next week and will be a non event next year, GO THE STORM!

Latest posts