What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We could only manage two with Mahoney at 9. And only one with Lussick. In Will Smith's limited time on the field we scored zero.

Happy MEel

First Grade
If Smith or Lussick had been on the field Penrith would've scored another couple of tries.

We only let in 1 try in the 37 minutes he was on the field, and it was on the other side of the field. So your assertion we’d let in 2 or 3 tries if we brought him back on for the last 10 is pretty ridiculous. Particularly so, when you push this kind of argument regarding the coach:

How could you prove that though? Just because you won doesn't mean your chance of winning was 100%, and likewise when you lose. What was our chance of winning against Penrith? Any answer you give is only your opinion. You could be an 80% chance of winning in each of ten games and still lose every single one. That's how probability works.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We only let in 1 try in the 37 minutes he was on the field, and it was on the other side of the field. So your assertion we’d let in 2 or 3 tries if we brought him back on for the last 10 is pretty ridiculous. Particularly so, when you push this kind of argument regarding the coach:
My point was that it's a ridiculous argument. We don't know if we would've gone any better with Smith on the field instead of Stone.

Happy MEel

First Grade
My point was that it's a ridiculous argument. We don't know if we would've gone any better with Smith on the field instead of Stone.
Of course we can’t be certain. However, I think there’s little doubt Smith is a better attacking option at hooker than Stone, whereas Stone is a better defensive option. If we were in front, or even level, I’d understand and even agree that Stone was the right call. However, we were behind and as far as I’m concerned, we should have been chasing the win with a try, rather than hope the pricks in pink gift us a kickable penalty. Surely you can agree that the liklihood of that is higher with better attacking players on the field.

Noise

Coach
Of course we can’t be certain. However, I think there’s little doubt Smith is a better attacking option at hooker than Stone, whereas Stone is a better defensive option. If we were in front, or even level, I’d understand and even agree that Stone was the right call. However, we were behind and as far as I’m concerned, we should have been chasing the win with a try, rather than hope the pricks in pink gift us a kickable penalty. Surely you can agree that the liklihood of that is higher with better attacking players on the field.
Pou agrees:
But if you're chasing points don't you want your best players on the field Poo?

You want your best attacking players on, who are not necessarily your best defenders.

eel01s

Bench
Our attack needs improvement. We had many opportunities against Penrith but kept trying crash plays and a bomb.

By and large we fixed our defence this season ( with a few notable exceptions on the edges) but we need more variations (dare I say shapes) because we can be too predictable.

We improve there and then we can consistently become top tier team.

Cloeel

Juniors
Our attack needs improvement. We had many opportunities against Penrith but kept trying crash plays and a bomb.

By and large we fixed our defence this season ( with a few notable exceptions on the edges) but we need more variations (dare I say shapes) because we can be too predictable.

We improve there and then we can consistently become top tier team.

I reckon the key to improving our attack comes from Dylan Brown next year.

Another year of experience, defence top level and a big off/pre season bettering his running game and developing a passing game.

As much as other teams will improve/decline I think this end of year for us has really left us in good stead for season 2022 - bit of a coming of age for the youngsters.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon the key to improving our attack comes from Dylan Brown next year.

Another year of experience, defence top level and a big off/pre season bettering his running game and developing a passing game.

As much as other teams will improve/decline I think this end of year for us has really left us in good stead for season 2022 - bit of a coming of age for the youngsters.
What sort of a 6 will he become ?

It seems that we have 3 types in the NRL:-

Munster - big body more like a ball playing forward, up tempo, runs to the line and creates stuff
Wighton - running and tackling 6. Plays a lot like Gutho does by pushing up and backing up.
(Cody) Walker - finesse and money balls galore.

Cloeel

Juniors
What sort of a 6 will he become ?

It seems that we have 3 types in the NRL:-

Munster - big body more like a ball playing forward, up tempo, runs to the line and creates stuff
Wighton - running and tackling 6. Plays a lot like Gutho does by pushing up and backing up.
(Cody) Walker - finesse and money balls galore.

From what I have seen of Dylan Brown I reckon he will be a Cooper Cronk Style manufactured half...

Which I think works perfectly for us - allows us to shape him as we require.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sure, but there must've been a reason Smith wasn't on the field.