What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Podcast

thebigredv

First Grade
Hey folks, hope this is allowed. If not, feel free to delete.
I’ve been working on our latest documentary entitled the missing rings, focusing on the 1992 and 1993 grand final sides of St George. Here’s a trailer and a sneak peek, part one drops on the 9th September.

Give me those heartbreaking GF losses over this pile any day.

jackyboi90

Juniors
This week's podcast contains a raw and honest chat with Dragons CEO Ryan Webb.
Ryan talks about the club's financial position throughout Covid, the future of Anthony Griffin, recruitment, what the Dragons need to do to be a successful club amongst a lot more.

We bring you the latest Dragons news (Lomax injury, recruitment update, team list review and loads more).
Plus review the loss against North Queensland, preview the final game of the season against Souths and we answer your fans questions! #redv

thebigredv

First Grade
This week's podcast contains a raw and honest chat with Dragons CEO Ryan Webb.
Ryan talks about the club's financial position throughout Covid, the future of Anthony Griffin, recruitment, what the Dragons need to do to be a successful club amongst a lot more.

We bring you the latest Dragons news (Lomax injury, recruitment update, team list review and loads more).
Plus review the loss against North Queensland, preview the final game of the season against Souths and we answer your fans questions! #redv

We may have had the season from hell but this CEO is a tremendous asset to the club. He comes across very honest and genuine, with his finger on the pulse of the beleaguered fan base.

Top interview. Thank you.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
We may have had the season from hell but this CEO is a tremendous asset to the club. He comes across very honest and genuine, with his finger on the pulse of the beleaguered fan base.

Top interview. Thank you.
Big fan of Ryan Webb. He always sounds like he knows what he is doing and where the club is going. Great interview Jack. I wish you could have him on every month or so next year.

jackyboi90

Juniors
The Dragons season might have ended but the Red V Podcast keeps churning along! We do not miss a week all throughout the year.
In this week's episode we bring you a host of Dragons News and Updates (Sims potential departure, Suli signing, Dragons Award winner and loads more).
Review the last round loss against Souths, a special preview of our upcoming documentary: The Missing Rings to be released on Thursday night and tackle your fans questions!

jackyboi90

Juniors
In 1991, Brian Smith arrived at the St George Rugby League Club to try and turn around the ailing outfit who hadn't played Semi Final football since 1985.
In part one of The Missing Rings Documentary, we focus on the influence and effect that Brian Smith had on the playing group in rebuilding a side that had been lost in the wilderness for the last half-decade. Hear about the game plans, mateship, determination and resilience that lifted the Saints from the doldrums.

With recollections from the players that helped St George to ultimate success and back-to-back Grand Finals, Noel Goldthorpe, Brad Mackay, Rex Terp, Scott Gourley, Jason Donnelly and Jeff Hardy.
This is the story of The Missing Rings...

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
In 1991, Brian Smith arrived at the St George Rugby League Club to try and turn around the ailing outfit who hadn't played Semi Final football since 1985.
In part one of The Missing Rings Documentary, we focus on the influence and effect that Brian Smith had on the playing group in rebuilding a side that had been lost in the wilderness for the last half-decade. Hear about the game plans, mateship, determination and resilience that lifted the Saints from the doldrums.

With recollections from the players that helped St George to ultimate success and back-to-back Grand Finals, Noel Goldthorpe, Brad Mackay, Rex Terp, Scott Gourley, Jason Donnelly and Jeff Hardy.
This is the story of The Missing Rings...

Interesting stuff. I had forgotten that the media were into us back then, just like now. Some things never change!

jackyboi90

Juniors
On this week's episode of the Red V Podcast we chat with Dragons assistant coach Matt Elliott, Matt chats the 2021 season, hopes for 2022, what Anthony Griffin brings as a coach and what Dragons fans can get excited about in 2022.

Plus we bring you the latest Dragons news and answer your fans questions.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
On this week's episode of the Red V Podcast we chat with Dragons assistant coach Matt Elliott, Matt chats the 2021 season, hopes for 2022, what Anthony Griffin brings as a coach and what Dragons fans can get excited about in 2022.

Plus we bring you the latest Dragons news and answer your fans questions.
Good to hear the chat with Matty Elliott. It seems the coaching staff are fully aware of the roster shortcomings, and are working towards a much improved performance in 2022 - as you would expect one of the coaches to say. Great to hear the junior pathways are receiving a lot of attention too. Thanks Jacky.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Didn’t mind the interview… That said, not sure i learnt anything that didn’t really know. Spoke well and left you with a fair bit of optimism for the future. However, i felt there could’ve provided/ added a few more concrete or tangible examples to support the sometimes abstract language used.

jackyboi90

Juniors
Didn’t mind the interview… That said, not sure i learnt anything that didn’t really know. Spoke well and left you with a fair bit of optimism for the future. However, i felt there could’ve provided/ added a few more concrete or tangible examples to support the sometimes abstract language used.
Regardless appreciate you tuning in 👍🏼

Last edited:

jackyboi90

Juniors
In part two of The Missing Rings Documentary, St George battle a poor run of form that threatens to derail their season, before the ultimate comeback and resilience comes to the surface.
Also, hear about how the culture was built and developed at the club on the back of the work done on and off the field by the coaching staff and players.
Plus action from all of the big games in the 1992 regular season and insights from the St George players who experienced it, including Scott Gourley, Rex Terp, Noel Goldthorpe, Jeff Hardy, Tony Priddle and Brad Mackay.
We hope you enjoy this part two episode with plenty of stories and good memories from 1992.

George Dragon

Juniors

This weeks podcast folks. We have a good chat with Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup player Shalom O'Ofou about his journey to the Dragons and hopes for the future.
Also review the clash against Penrith, preview this week's game against the Roosters. Plus latest Dragons news and answer your fans questions.
Jack chats with our latest DP Shommy in this ep

jackyboi90

Juniors
The Red V podcast keeps humming along as we hit you with episode 88!
On this week's episode we take a look at the latest Dragons news with a focus on Shalom O'Ofou signing as a Development Player for 2022 and a quick update on Tariq Sims.
We review the Fullback, Winger and Centre positions from 2021 and theorize what the 2022 backline will look like. Plus look at some of the highlights from the differents number 1 at the Red V.

Alongside this we answer your fans questions with a focus on what us as fans could be doing to encourage the squad instead of criticism.
With added sneak peak looks at The Missing Rings and our upcoming chat with Ashton Sims. #redv

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The Red V podcast keeps humming along as we hit you with episode 88!
On this week's episode we take a look at the latest Dragons news with a focus on Shalom O'Ofou signing as a Development Player for 2022 and a quick update on Tariq Sims.
We review the Fullback, Winger and Centre positions from 2021 and theorize what the 2022 backline will look like. Plus look at some of the highlights from the differents number 1 at the Red V.

Alongside this we answer your fans questions with a focus on what us as fans could be doing to encourage the squad instead of criticism.
With added sneak peak looks at The Missing Rings and our upcoming chat with Ashton Sims. #redv

Good job you guys, appreciate the effort and content.

Good to hear that we have 3 (so far) in the DS for next year. All forwards.

The re-signing of Bud 'appears' to be in advanced stage, which is also good news.

The insights from those inside the Club, does paint a positive outlook for our long term future.

Well done everone associated wirh the podcast.......and may it continue

jackyboi90

Juniors

The re-signing of Bud 'appears' to be in advanced stage, which is also good news.

The insights from those inside the Club, does paint a positive outlook for our long term future.

Thank you for listening mate. Appreciate the kind words.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

Good summary of the podcast @Dragonslayer . It paints a pretty rosy picture for the Dragons in 2022, and I choose to believe that a strong showing is very much on the cards. Thanks Jack and Luke.

Crush

Coach
@jackyboi90 really interesting fans question regarding fans showing more support. I think they raise a good point and we should all try to be more positive at times. As a Dragons tragic myself, winning and losing really affects my general mood, after a win I’m ecstatic for days however after a loss I can be quite down.
The players don’t show this emotion however after a loss, they can be seen smiling and having a laugh with the opposition at full time.
I think this is where fans get frustrated and negative. They feel that the players aren’t as invested as the fans (however silly that sounds)
Anyway, another great episode Jack, keep them coming mate.

Latest posts