What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
For every player who departs, you have to sign someone to replace them. We still have to fill a 30 man roster. Assuming Spencer and Charlie stay which they will for 2022 it likely means we have to find a minimum of four players to fulfil our top 30 roster positions. Our depth is going to be tested, stretched to the max. Hopefully there are kids we don’t know about yet to fill the minimum cost roster positions.

For every player who departs, you have to sign someone to replace them. We still have to fill a 30 man roster. Assuming Spencer and Charlie stay which they will for 2022 it likely means we have to find a minimum of four players to fulfil our top 30 roster positions. Our depth is going to be tested, stretched to the max. Hopefully there are kids we don’t know about yet to fill the minimum cost roster positions.
It’s a good point. Losing two kids on 300k a year isn’t going to really help if our salary cap is that dire.

You have to hope that if the trade-off comes between keeping a Kiks and having to jettison these two (who both have huge upside) for minimum wage alternatives, or having to say goodbye to Kiks (or another of the big names off contract) then the club will make the right decision.

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s a good point. Losing two kids on 300k a year isn’t going to really help if our salary cap is that dire.

You have to hope that if the trade-off comes between keeping a Kiks and having to jettison these two (who both have huge upside) for minimum wage alternatives, or having to say goodbye to Kiks (or another of the big names off contract) then the club will make the right decision.
It really doesn’t help at all.

Recruiting $300k a season players doesn’t really get you that much and I would suggest any we bring in on similar money would be unlikely to be better than Staines or Lenui.

Panfa

Juniors
I'd be getting rid of eisenhuth before leniu.Staines needs to bulk up and get physical if he wants to remain a panther in my opinion.I don't understand cleary playing Kenny and now may over leniu. Koroisau can play 80 if he needs a breather Sorenson can cover hooker if we go in with 4 forwards on the bench capewell and yeo can cover centre.Melbournes big pack must be stopped and after last weeks forward battle a fresh leniu is better than an injured may.

Vicpanther

Juniors
You do realise Tago is currently 95 kilos or so at most.

Kiks is a little shy of 120 kilos.

Im not sure they are like for lIke replacements.
from what i have seen this year tago has more "heart" and hits the line harder. weight means nothing if you don't use it and lately kiks doesn't seem to use it. That or its become to predictable and he isnt effective anymore.

Kilkenny

Coach
from what i have seen this year tago has more "heart" and hits the line harder. weight means nothing if you don't use it and lately kiks doesn't seem to use it. That or its become to predictable and he isnt effective anymore.
Kikau is our most destructive forward. Not perfect, but basically without equal. No one else in our current lineup can offer what he does.

GongPanther

Referee
i just dont see it anymore. he seems to get tackled pretty much straight away. i dont think its kiks fault i think its more give the ball to him and pray half the time.
And this is were Cleary and his coaching staff come in to try to implement a maneuvering attacking strategy to try to get Kiks through the already waiting defensive line.

We need him running different lines off mesmerizing running ploys. Remember that no-look running try setup by Cleary at Penrith Park?...we need more of that. A lot more of that which hasn't been seen since then.

Vicpanther

Juniors
And this is were Cleary and his coaching staff come in to try to implement a maneuvering attacking strategy to try to get Kiks through the already waiting defensive line.

We need him running different lines off mesmerizing running ploys. Remember that no-look running try setup by Cleary at Penrith Park?...we need more of that. A lot more of that which hasn't been seen since then.
i think we also need to use him as a decoy more too.

maple_69

Bench
He’s been figured out but as others have said we just need to be smarter about how we use that. Cut him out and there’ll be space outside, hit him with more space and he can draw and pass well. Biggest issue is hitting him just before the line. He gets chopped down and doesn’t have the hands to quickly shovel it along. The more variety we put around him the less defenders will be able to commit numbers to him. The last 2 regular season games he was unstoppable.

He’s been figured out but as others have said we just need to be smarter about how we use that. Cut him out and there’ll be space outside, hit him with more space and he can draw and pass well. Biggest issue is hitting him just before the line. He gets chopped down and doesn’t have the hands to quickly shovel it along. The more variety we put around him the less defenders will be able to commit numbers to him. The last 2 regular season games he was unstoppable.
Would love to see some looks where both he and TPJ are on the same side and Luai drifts across the field…

Latest posts