What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3 Finals: Storms v Ruffs + Silvertails v Rabbits

84 Baby

Referee
Might tune in to Souffs/Moanly.
Think Scum/Smugs will either be Scum demolition or a grind, and not the exciting low scoring game like last week but an absolute bludge.

TheParraboy

Staff member
For anyone that wants to avoid the pre-match wank fest from both 9 and Fox

Their is a live stream of the Ken Thornett medal-awards from Friday 24/9 6pm

For all Parra fans and members

I'd say the parraeels.com.au would have a link closer to the start of the event

King-Gutho94

Coach
After listening to Gus's podcast for an agonising 45 mins this week, I am firmly a Storm fan this week (only) and hope that they put 35 on Captain Smug's Pennys.
They have just became a bunch of whingers penrith

They were whinging in the paper today again about the ref already claiming they the GF last year was ref differently and didnt want sutton to ref a storm game. Similar to what they did before the souths.

Gerard sutton was ref when we beat storm a few weeks back and we copped some calls in that game as well.

Gus wants penrith to win so he gets credited for setting them up. He said they were primed before the souths game and parramatta wouldn't get close to them.

Gronk

Staff member
They have just became a bunch of whingers penrith

They were whinging in the paper today again about the ref already claiming they the GF last year was ref differently and didnt want sutton to ref a storm game. Similar to what they did before the souths.

Gerard sutton was ref when we beat storm a few weeks back and we copped some calls in that game as well.

Gus wants penrith to win so he gets credited for setting them up. He said they were primed before the souths game and parramatta wouldn't get close to them.
Gus’s only remarks regarding the Pennys game was how Blake Ferguson faked injury and how Mitchell Moses took a dive which cost the Pennys a try.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Will be hoping for Souths and Penrith to win... but my head says it will be Manly and Melbourne - very hard to cheer for either of them in a grand final.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gus on Monday night said the season ended to early for the Eels. Had it gone a few more weeks. They started to gel amd found there mojo.And went far better then he thought we could.

RCG had a lot to do with this also. Interesting that not once this season we ever had our best 17.

strider

Post Whore
I reckon Manly will show up and beat Souths.

I can never bring myself to go for the storm, but unfortunately think they will win comfortably.

So I think we will likely end up Storm vs Manly

Cloeel

Juniors
Gus on Monday night said the season ended to early for the Eels. Had it gone a few more weeks. They started to gel amd found there mojo.And went far better then he thought we could.

RCG had a lot to do with this also. Interesting that not once this season we ever had our best 17.

We almost got our timing right for the finals. Hopefully that is one of our areas of improvement over the Offseason and 2022

jk13

First Grade
f**k penrith. hope storm score 5 tries while penrith have 3 people laying on the ground screaming for attention

TheParraboy

Staff member
Penrith- Souths GF - Souths win

2022 Eels v Penrith GF - Eels win

The Penrith slide starts from 2023 - Eels win it again

Stick that up ya Pie face Gould !!

Gazzamatta

Coach
f**k penrith. hope storm score 5 tries while penrith have 3 people laying on the ground screaming for attention
Normally I would be in The Pennys Camp but recent events and Luai's absolute BS in all areas really annoys me. From handshakes, to singing, to cheating and to that smug look on his face. I kinda think it might be nice to say our Eels were undefeated by the Premiers in 2021. That said Im in Camp Bunny.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We almost got our timing right for the finals. Hopefully that is one of our areas of improvement over the Offseason and 2022
The way i see it is the 2 games that cost us were raiders and dragons both games we tossed away 2 competition points. Would have been top 4 if we had won those. Considering we beat Melbourne twice it sort of looks a bit wasted now other than we have belief we can beat them next year. But thats next year.

Also reinforces its hard to win from outside the top 4.

emjaycee

Coach
The way i see it is the 2 games that cost us were raiders and dragons both games we tossed away 2 competition points. Would have been top 4 if we had won those. Considering we beat Melbourne twice it sort of looks a bit wasted now other than we have belief we can beat them next year. But thats next year.

Also reinforces its hard to win from outside the top 4.
I think the closeness of our game against Penrith last week and the way that unfolded, reinforces that it is actually possible to win from outside the top 4. Sure, some luck is needed and had we won, we were no guarantee of progressing this weekend.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So Gus rubbishes our form and ability to win the comp all year ……

Yet now, makes the point on his podcast, we really gave it to the Storm and ran away with the game as the Storm didn’t handle us. And because the panthers could handle us last week but the storm couldn’t, panthers are in a good position/form to beat the Storm……..