What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters

fourplay

Juniors
Of course they let the golden boy off.

Hands between the players legs: Ignored
Player passed the horizontal: Ignored
Player landed forcefully: Ignored
Dangerous and careless: Ignored
It's Nathan Cleary and it's grand final week: Taken into consideration.

If it was any other player it would have been a suspension. If it was reviewed as if it was Jack Hetherington in round 6 it would have got a few weeks minimum.

guyver78

Juniors
Of course they let the golden boy off.

Hands between the players legs: Ignored
Player passed the horizontal: Ignored
Player landed forcefully: Ignored
Dangerous and careless: Ignored
It's Nathan Cleary and it's grand final week: Taken into consideration.

If it was any other player it would have been a suspension. If it was reviewed as if it was Jack Hetherington in round 6 it would have got a few weeks minimum.
100%

Bazal

Post Whore
The number of people fooled by Kenny's acting is testament to his dramatic ability lol

His feet went up in the air but he landed square on his back. Grade one.

Vic Mackey

Referee
There was nothing in the Cleary tackle, however to me it looked identical to the Aloiai one. I don’t understand how one can be charged but the other let go?

guyver78

Juniors
The number of people fooled by Kenny's acting is testament to his dramatic ability lol

His feet went up in the air but he landed square on his back. Grade one.
He wasn’t even charged at all though which is why a lot of people were baffled

guyver78

Juniors
There was nothing in the Cleary tackle, however to me it looked identical to the Aloiai one. I don’t understand how one can be charged but the other let go?
Aloiai and Cleary should have both received nothing but yeah 1 is facing a suspension of 4 weeks and 1 is free to play

Diesel

Referee
As long as they’re consistent then it’s fine. But there is a group of players, each year, about 5 of them that get away with a lot more. Those 5 or so do change but it’s whoever is the media darlings at the time

Vic Mackey

Referee
Aloiai and Cleary should have both received nothing but yeah 1 is facing a suspension of 4 weeks and 1 is free to play
Exactly, I’d rather they both get 0. They were good tackles that went slightly wrong, however both landed on their backs so no harm done.

3-4 weeks difference is beyond laughable

Diesel

Referee
Is it a fine or 1 week unless it’s challenged? I think he’s got loading too so it would be a trip to the judiciary. Two ex-Panthers and one NSW Origin great on the panel

Edit: just saw he got off. No problem with that call

Last edited:

guyver78

Juniors
Is it a fine or 1 week unless it’s challenged? I think he’s got loading too so it would be a trip to the judiciary. Two ex-Panthers and one NSW Origin great on the panel

Edit: just saw he got off. No problem with that call
I don’t either but if you’re going to suspend others why should he play next week? They robbed Isaac Luke in 2014

Maximus

Coach
Exactly, I’d rather they both get 0. They were good tackles that went slightly wrong, however both landed on their backs so no harm done.

3-4 weeks difference is beyond laughable

Aloiai should really only have been a grade 1 as Nicholls landed shoulder first. With Cleary first point of contact was his back, so no charge would be fine then.

Wouldn't Aloiai only be facing 2 weeks though if not for prior charges.

Someguy

First Grade
I am fine with Cleary not missing a game but surely it’s a grade 1 charge, just like his shoulder charge a few weeks ago.

We are seeing players cop big suspensions due to having prior offences. Seems pointless to hold priors against someone when others just don’t get those low grades charged against them.