What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

strider

Post Whore
Looks like Titans going new spine basically for 2022

Signed this young gun to play in the halves Fuller. Read they will play Brimson at F/8. Campbell at FB

Bye bye Fogerty, Taylor

I think Mitch Rein is looking for a club. Could be a handy back up to Reed

The tits have commited so much money outside their spine they will need to be finding cheap options

has Brimson played much 5/8th? Or was he mostly a fullback? ... I guess both positions need ball skills these days

Rocket man

Juniors
Mentioned tonight Ricky is chasing Fogarty from The Mighty Tits. Also might have a crack at Tevita Harris from The Worriers. Brheed said they dropped off chasing Dylbags as "he's going nowhere". Ricky will bury The Fog. Stay where you are Son!
The Fog resigned with Gold Coast and also captain.

Noise

Coach
The tits have commited so much money outside their spine they will need to be finding cheap options

has Brimson played much 5/8th? Or was he mostly a fullback? ... I guess both positions need ball skills these days
He has played 5/8 in first grade a number of times but mostly fullback.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Yup that's the case I reckon, the emergence of Jayden Campbell at FB helps fit that bill (ie. would be very cheap)

TheParraboy

Staff member
The Fog resigned with Gold Coast and also captain.

That was a month ago, things have changed by the looks

Dont you watch NRL 360 ? :p

Just over one month ago, the Titans extended halfback and co-captain Jamal Fogarty until the end of the 2023 season.

Now Fogarty is reportedly eyeing an early exit, with the Raiders keen on luring the 27-year-old to the nation’s capital.

The Gold Coast though have put brakes onto the situation, at least for the time being.

While news of a potential Fogarty exit would come as a surprise to some, the hints were there in the past two months that he may be on the outer.

In just four NRL games the 20-year-old Toby Sexton already showed signs he could be the long-term answer at halfback after Ashley Taylor’s decline.

Jayden Campbell also announced himself as the Gold Coast’s future fullback.

While his defence will need to improve, the 21-year-old was electric in attack, averaging 154 metres and busting 34 tackles from just seven games at the back.

With Campbell’s emergence, AJ Brimson looks set to make a permanent move to five-eighth in 2022, leaving Fogarty as the odd man out.

Titans chairman Dennis Wats suggested just as much on Triple M last week, declaring: “Toby Sexton will be the starting halfback next year... he’s ready to go”.

It has left Fogarty’s future up in the air and a move to Canberra would make sense, at least in the short term.

Gazzamatta

Coach
That was a month ago, things have changed by the looks

Dont you watch NRL 360 ? :p

Just over one month ago, the Titans extended halfback and co-captain Jamal Fogarty until the end of the 2023 season.

Now Fogarty is reportedly eyeing an early exit, with the Raiders keen on luring the 27-year-old to the nation’s capital.

The Gold Coast though have put brakes onto the situation, at least for the time being.

While news of a potential Fogarty exit would come as a surprise to some, the hints were there in the past two months that he may be on the outer.

In just four NRL games the 20-year-old Toby Sexton already showed signs he could be the long-term answer at halfback after Ashley Taylor’s decline.

Jayden Campbell also announced himself as the Gold Coast’s future fullback.

While his defence will need to improve, the 21-year-old was electric in attack, averaging 154 metres and busting 34 tackles from just seven games at the back.

With Campbell’s emergence, AJ Brimson looks set to make a permanent move to five-eighth in 2022, leaving Fogarty as the odd man out.

Titans chairman Dennis Wats suggested just as much on Triple M last week, declaring: “Toby Sexton will be the starting halfback next year... he’s ready to go”.

It has left Fogarty’s future up in the air and a move to Canberra would make sense, at least in the short term.
Thanks. Im short on energy today.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Good luck Jamal if you go down there.

Ricky can churn through halfbacks as good as what parramatta used to post sterlo until moses arrived

Gronk

Staff member
Gutho, Reg or Junior don't make the list ? I had to google that Kennedy mofo from the sharks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We overrate the players who played origin or were picked as 18th or 19th man ?
Paulo probably should've been on the list, but RCG has played one Origin game. Mahoney probably became Origin class this year but he played little more than half our games. Out of sight out of mind.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And Damian Cook offered zero the first half of the season. So I don’t think I’m overrating Mahoney at all.
Cook has been doing it year after year. He is a key player in one of the best attacks in the NRL. Grant was very good this year and dominant last year, despite playing for a shit team. I rate Mahoney but Grant has shown more for longer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Cook has been doing it year after year. He is a key player in one of the best attacks in the NRL. Grant was very good this year and dominant last year, despite playing for a shit team. I rate Mahoney but Grant has shown more for longer.
Grant has shown more for longer?? I agree his best is very good but he missed a heap of last year and a fair bit of this year while Mahoney has had 3 very good seasons.

Grant looks great in attack when his team are on the front foot but not so good when he has to do some work in the middle. Arent you the merkin that always talks about defence and most people not recognising it????? Always have to have a different opinion just because.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dally M is all about attacking contribution. That's why halfbacks always win it. Prior to this year Mahoney had shown glimpses of his playmaking ability but it wasn't until 2021 that he had the confidence to back himself. 13 TAs in 17 games. In his previous 56 games he only had 7 TAs.

Grant doesn't have Mahoney's playmaking (though still very good) but makes a lot more breaks and metres.

Anyway, I think if Mahoney had been fit for the finals he would be in the conversation for Dally M hooker.