What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
are you kidding
no vaccine & hundreds dying not dozens
so yea
much
much worse

the crowd was average
no polishing of turds here
Haha, if you're going to try and spit facts, at least be right.

Deaths in Australia the corresponding week of 2020:
20 September: 5
21 September: 2
22 September: 3
23: September: 5
24 September: 2
25 September: 8
total: 25

2021:
21 September: 11
22 September: 10
23: September: 8
24 September: 12
25 September: 12
total: 58

So the current situation by the metric of deaths (raised by you) is 232% worse than this time last year.

Haha, if you're going to try and spit facts, at least be right.

Deaths in Australia the corresponding week of 2020:
21 September: 2
22 September: 3
23: September: 5
24 September: 2
25 September: 8
total: 25

2021:
21 September: 11
22 September: 10
23: September: 8
24 September: 12
25 September: 12
total: 58

So the current situation by the metric of deaths (raised by you) is 232% worse than this time last year.
I meant pre vaccine & post lol

stop polishing turds
average crowd last night

& doesn't look like its 30K this afternoon either

poor brisbane

poor

guyver78

Juniors
How crap have the crowds been up in QLD. Must say overall I’ve been disappointed. Rugby League capital of the world, couldn’t fill out 2 Prelims. I’d even scrap the Magic Round bullshit next year and give people in Sydney their game back.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
How crap have the crowds been up in QLD. Must say overall I’ve been disappointed. Rugby League capital of the world, couldn’t fill out 2 Prelims. I’d even scrap the Magic Round bullshit next year and give people in Sydney their game back.

Haha, the hysterics! Magic round pulled massive crowds.

Mate some of the crowds have been great. The expectation of Brisbane drawing huge crowds for neutral games during a pandemic with mask mandates is absolutely ridiculous. Some crowds were similar to what the Sydney teams would pull at home pre COVID.

The combined total of the prelims was only 3k off the total of the 2019 prelims, which featured two home teams!! Last night outdrew a 2017 Sydney Roosters home prelim.

We all know that if prelim one featured the Cowboys and prelim two featured the Broncos the crowds would have been 45k+ and 50k+.

But it’s all good, next year we can go back to the normality of 8-10k at ANZ and all will be sweet.

guyver78

Juniors
Haha, the hysterics! Magic round pulled massive crowds.

Mate some of the crowds have been great. The expectation of Brisbane drawing huge crowds for neutral games during a pandemic with mask mandates is absolutely ridiculous. Some crowds were similar to what the Sydney teams would pull at home pre COVID.

The combined total of the prelims was only 3k off the total of the 2019 prelims, which featured two home teams!! Last night outdrew a 2017 Sydney Roosters home prelim.

We all know that if prelim one featured the Cowboys and prelim two featured the Broncos the crowds would have been 45k+ and 50k+.

But it’s all good, next year we can go back to the normality of 8-10k at ANZ and all will be sweet.
Do you reckon it’s just covid???

I must admit, NRL crowds have been on the decline in general the last I’d say 6-7 years. I remember a typical Souths v Roosters/Tigers/Eels game would easily putt in around 30K sometimes even more.

Good Friday Dogs v Souths would pull in 45-50K prior to 2015.

Brisbane did OK this year considering where they were all year on the table but overall crowds have been on the decline since about 2015. It seems like the NRL is far more focused on TV money rather than crowds.

I was a fan of the way they spread the crowds out last year at ANZ during the finals. I think from memory they was 50K for the Prelim last year of Penrith v Souths but it felt like there was 70K the way they spread everybody out all over the stadium because of covid..

Thoughts??

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Do you reckon it’s just covid???

I must admit, NRL crowds have been on the decline in general the last I’d say 6-7 years. I remember a typical Souths v Roosters/Tigers/Eels game would easily putt in around 30K sometimes even more.

Good Friday Dogs v Souths would pull in 45-50K prior to 2015.

Brisbane did OK this year considering where they were all year on the table but overall crowds have been on the decline since about 2015. It seems like the NRL is far more focused on TV money rather than crowds.

I was a fan of the way they spread the crowds out last year at ANZ during the finals. I think from memory they was 50K for the Prelim last year of Penrith v Souths but it felt like there was 70K the way they spread everybody out all over the stadium because of covid..

Thoughts??
Nah last years Souths V Penrith drew 30k flat.

I feel that crowds have been declining due to the increased cost of living for most people Australia wide, add to that the ease of access with viewing it on HD.

Back in the early 2000s going to the football was the thing to do. Now having bbqs with mates and watching it seems the preferred option for most.

Nothing worse than a flogging live - PVL should expect to see big drops when we go back to normal fixtures.

guyver78

Juniors
Nah last years Souths V Penrith drew 30k flat.

I feel that crowds have been declining due to the increased cost of living for most people Australia wide, add to that the ease of access with viewing it on HD.

Back in the early 2000s going to the football was the thing to do. Now having bbqs with mates and watching it seems the preferred option for most.

Nothing worse than a flogging live - PVL should expect to see big drops when we go back to normal fixtures.
Got my stats mixed up. 30K that felt like 50K.

Yeah you’re right. I remember just a few years back 2013/2014 you could buy a Category 1 Reserved ticket at ANZ stadium for $40. The same ticket a few years later is now $80.

Crappy scheduling, too many games being played, rising cost of living and HD screens all no doubt contribute.

Hartwood

Juniors
I think one of the games should have been on the GC, plenty of people in Brisbane would have chosen between going to one prelim or the other, splitting the games probably would've seen bigger overall crowds

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Sold out yet?
Nope, which is a bit embarrassing not being able to move 7k tickets the Monday of the GF. I've said previously the AFL GF sold out in 9 mins with 180k people in the online queue. Same situation as us, first time ever the game was played outside of Melbourne, no local teams involved and people were buying memberships with the playing teams to try and jump the queue.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Sold out yet?
Nope, which is a bit embarrassing not being able to move 7k tickets the Monday of the GF. I've said previously the AFL GF sold out in 9 mins with 180k people in the online queue. Same situation as us, first time ever the game was played outside of Melbourne, no local teams involved and people were buying memberships with the playing teams to try and jump the queue.
Sold down to single seats in about 10 minutes. There is probably only about 100 single seats left.

about 100 seats left in 7 minutes out of 7K on offer &
its embarrassing ?
lol
take your flogball hat off buddy its too tight

oh &
the awful GF in perth was the 2nd outside of melbourne

not the first

ReddFelon

Juniors

There's big differences there though. Even in Perth the AFL only released half the tickets to fans. 34000 total, 12,000 for members of either the AFL or the two clubs playing and 10,000 for general public. The NRL grand final does have a huge positive, in that the majority of tickets go to actual fans not suits from Toyota and Renault.

Big Moose

Juniors
There's big differences there though. Even in Perth the AFL only released half the tickets to fans. 34000 total, 12,000 for members of either the AFL or the two clubs playing and 10,000 for general public. The NRL grand final does have a huge positive, in that the majority of tickets go to actual fans not suits from Toyota and Renault.
Which is why they can crow about selling out their big game, only a fraction of the tickets are made public. I just tried to buy one ticket for Sunday in Diamond despite it saying single seats only, was unable to do so.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Which is why they can crow about selling out their big game, only a fraction of the tickets are made public. I just tried to buy one ticket for Sunday in Diamond despite it saying single seats only, was unable to do so.
did you miss the it about 180k people trying to buy who missed out? They could have sold out optus stadium 4 times over!

I wish we could figure out how we take our casual club fan to a fanatical code fan like they have done.

Big Moose

Juniors
did you miss the it about 180k people trying to buy who missed out? They could have sold out optus stadium 4 times over!
I wish we could figure out how we take our casual club fan to a fanatical code fan like they have done.
Yeah i’d think whoever spun the yarn about 180k people in Perth trying to by tickets is pretty handy with the coloured pencils. A typical AFL spin story that is never validated, just like their claim out outrating league every Friday night in Qld last year.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Yeah i’d think whoever spun the yarn about 180k people in Perth trying to by tickets is pretty handy with the coloured pencils. A typical AFL spin story that is never validated, just like their claim out outrating league every Friday night in Qld last year.
ah the old ' they're making it up' line lol. Would be pretty easy to fact check with Ticketmaster if they were.

yep

more like 18K

but lets add a zero shall we lol

footy75

Bench
A ticket to the AFL Grand Final is fkn impossible to get... cry all u like about it and say its all made up as much as u want but it just shows you got no fkn idea. Facts are if the general public could even go to the fkn thing it would sell out in 20 minutes every year.. that doesn't mean it's great or anything its just the fact that every merkin that follows it wants to go to the grand final. So much fkn delusion because of hate ....why even give a shit.