What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm alleged incident

The NRL has been made aware of a video on social media that allegedly shows Melbourne Storm players in a room where there is a white substance on a table.

Nine journalist Danny Weidler tweeted, "(it's) too early to say investigation launched", but the integrity unit has been notified.

"Having seen the video it's not a great look," Weidler said.

"Another concern is they have been betrayed by people in the room with them."

News Corp reports the video shows two Storm players in a room which has at least six people in it, including the person filming.

The Storm were bundled out of the premiership race on Saturday in a 10-6 loss to Penrith.

MOD NOTE: Do not post the video, and do not name names.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
Its amazing to see how much Melbourne has fallen not only on the field but off the field. Interesting to note how much Cammo Smith was controlling this team for Melb never to see negative headlines.
It will be very interesting to see how NRL360 treat this matter tonight given the News Ltd connection to the Storm. Will we see Kenty frothing at the mouth as he did last night over a conversion attempt taken from the wrong spot? Yes I know a consortium purchased the franchise, but the Storm will always be a News Ltd creation.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It will be very interesting to see how NRL360 treat this matter tonight given the News Ltd connection to the Storm. Will we see Kenty frothing at the mouth as he did last night over a conversion attempt taken from the wrong spot? Yes I know a consortium purchased the franchise, but the Storm will always be a News Ltd creation.
Kent has criticized Melbourne in the past especially when it comes to the wrestling tactics they have used

Perth Red

Post Whore
News ltd have no connection to the Storm? They do the hatchet job on them every year leading into the finals on NRL360 so I dont think they'll hold back on this, nor should they. Munster is walking a fine line in his Storm career, given his comments on the expansion club opportunity and now this.

Generalzod

Immortal
News ltd have no connection to the Storm? They do the hatchet job on them every year leading into the finals on NRL360 so I dont think they'll hold back on this, nor should they. Munster is walking a fine line in his Storm career, given his comments on the expansion club opportunity and now this.
So much adversity....

shear_joy9

Coach
he didn't care much about the conversion, he was pissed about Penrith's blatant cheating of the hia rules.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Judging by how long they have been willing to put up with all sorts of sht from Cronulla, a long time!
Lol at Perth Red for trying to divert the attention away from your own club…. Finnucane and Hynes are reportedly two of the best role models at the Storm… in fact the club’s last two nominations for the Ken Stephens medal. Might be the beginning of the end of the clean cut image for the Storm.

It’s probably garbage anyway …. Not that I’d know or anything but yeah if you get anything over 25% these days you are lucky

stryker

First Grade
Christ...who gives a f**k....all drugs should be legalised (and then regulated) anyway.

The only banned drugs for sportsmen should be performance enhancing ones.
Dumbest thing written on here this year.
Quite the feat!

soc123_au

Staff member
he didn't care much about the conversion, he was pissed about Penrith's blatant cheating of the hia rules.
You would have been more accurate leaving the hate out of it. He wasn't impressed with the Welch fiasco or the revelation the Cheese's brain is located in his shoulder. But you do you girlfriend.

GongPanther

Referee
You know it “cost them the game” right?

It’s the same as when Critta allegedly put his foot on the touch line when scoring the opening try, which was later proven to be a misrepresentation of a photo sequence courtesy of certain Melbourne supporters on FB, when found that Critta’s foot brushed the touch line AFTER he had applied downward pressure, and the subsequent profound apologies from the same gronks later…
Please give me that link.

Someguy

First Grade
You would have been more accurate leaving the hate out of it. He wasn't impressed with the Welch fiasco or the revelation the Cheese's brain is located in his shoulder. But you do you girlfriend.
Pretty much 3 examples of how HIAs should not work. Welch stays on field 6 minutes too long, Smith has small head knock but clearly the shoulder is the issue (I recall wade Graham earlier this year playing up a knee injury to avoid a HIA so it also happens reverse) and Luai clearly concussed but makes a miraculous recovery that most 6’s and 7’s do when KO’d

Angry_eel

First Grade
not our first time and wont be our last, players will be players and signing a contract for a particular club doesn't stop you from being a fckwit!
Yeh we've fallen so far on the field this year lol.
Any other year with Cammo, you guys would have been in the gf.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Standards slipping without Cam Smith there. In addition to their departures this off season do not be shocked if they miss out on the 8 next year.
No Craig Bellamy side is ever going to miss the 8. Did you see the 8 this year? The Titans were 8th and won 10 of their 24 games.