What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

84 Baby

Referee
Hey @Avenger I’m thinking of getting a new number plate. Thoughts?

images

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ping @Avenger

A list of all of the watches that the US Ryder Cup team were wearing.

Gronk

Staff member
Ping @Avenger

A list of all of the watches that the US Ryder Cup team were wearing.

I remember seeing Hodinkee interview Greg Norman about watches. He has a 20-30 piece collection worth squillions and never bought one.

Gronk

Staff member
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I guess my point is if I had a better watch I'd be in more debt. Unless I was relying on watch loving wankers to give me work or finance my real estate.

Gronk

Staff member
I guess my point is if I had a better watch I'd be in more debt. Unless I was relying on watch loving wankers to give me work or finance my real estate.
No, you have made a decision as to how you spend your money. Having a holiday budget (for example) is not different than having a watch budget.

hindy111

Post Whore
I've got a fair mortgage debt and my best watch is a 12 year old G-Shock.

I owe over half a million. I dont wna think about it.
I reckon banks should do something for people who are old where they go ok your house is worth x amount. It is now ours but here is so much money. So you can spend some while still live in it till you die.
Its a good business idea.

House is worth 1 million. Ok we give you 20% less but its our. But you can live in it till your dead then we take. Here is the money. Make sense? Have to be over 75 and have underlying health issues.
So rather then have to sell they can live in and have cash flow.

strider

Post Whore
I don't actually have a budget. It sounds complicated. I just buy things at Coles that are on special and try to get petrol when its low. That's about as much energy I put into it.
hang on .... I recall you telling us the story that you thought papa hindy111 was a silly rabbit for buying petrol when it was at the bottom of its cycle ..... reality has kicked in since moving on from shed life?

hindy111

Post Whore
hang on .... I recall you telling us the story that you thought papa hindy111 was a silly rabbit for buying petrol when it was at the bottom of its cycle ..... reality has kicked in since moving on from shed life?

I now fill 3 x 20 litres plastic drums on low point of cycle. And keep the tank on full. Its enough for me to see out the 10-14 day cycle And back to bottom.

Latest posts