What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL & Media Double Standards

Is this their second misdemeanor with the okey choke?
If so they would be getting the same treatment as it was Barbas second.

don't let the facts get in the way of my good story bbb.

f**k em.
all of their incidents including Bromwich caught on film. worth 10 strikes under the 3 strike policy.

sack them all!!

don't let the facts get in the way of my good story bbb.

f**k em.
all of their incidents including Bromwich caught on film. worth 10 strikes under the 3 strike policy.

sack them all!!
In fairness when C. Smith was there they got a lot more leeway when Bromwich and Proctor got busted for the same thing. Now he's gone the level of scrutiny has gone up a little bit, in fact I even heard him giving it to them on the radio today.
But yes, of it was us there'd be calls for mass sackings and relocation

Inferno

Coach
Is this their second misdemeanor with the okey choke?
If so they would be getting the same treatment as it was Barbas second.

I am mighty curious about that BBB. Do they treat this situation or the Reece Walsh. one as pissing positive? No reason why they should't really but the NRL has been silent on that.

I am mighty curious about that BBB. Do they treat this situation or the Reece Walsh. one as pissing positive? No reason why they should't really but the NRL has been silent on that.
I’m not sure but somewhere over the last few days, either on radio or in print, I heard, or saw, that yes they do count it as the “silent positive”, especially the Walsh one. The other two I’m not sure about. If they say it was ”sugar” what can the NRL do about it unless they were tested, and isn’t there something in the RLPA , or WADA, or something about testing in the off-season and recreational drugs?
I dunno, all I do know is if it was their second time being caught positive they’d be getting some hefty bans.
The fact that it looks like they are all getting some sort of fine, and banned for a few games, is more punishment than other ”first time being caught” players get.
The rules were a bit different when Barba was caught.
whose idiotic idea was it to “sack him” with the premise of him going OS to play Union then come back and rehiring him????
I bet it was that snake oil salesman, Lyal.
We would have been better off just letting him (Barba) have the first half of the season off, then having a strike at the Premiership again with him back in the team for the post SOO time and the finals.

I see that Mark Geyer has also come out and blasted these players, so along with C. Smith doing it, this is very un-Storm like, former players turning on them.