What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
We did it the hard way but we got it done!! Brilliant defence and persistence with our game plan paid off with a premiership! All this Penrith squad and coaching staff are heroes to the club and district. To have all those injuries and such epic tight finals would usually be too much for most teams to handle because they would just be too exhausted against a fresher team but we never lost sight of the ultimate goal. Just so proud and happy for the guys to win the trophy after the disappointment of last year. Fully deserved to get the trophy after a great two years!!

pantherz9103

First Grade
In all seriousness to all the decent Souths fans I say hard luck. You had a brilliant season losing only 5 games all year and the Grand Final was decided by fine margins (actually goalkicking on the scoreboard). I'm thrilled to see us win again after an 18 year drought but it could have easily gone the other way and I'm just thankful it went our way.

Munted

Bench
"By the same token, the decision to not award the Rabbitohs with a fresh set of six when Spencer Leniu “charged down” Reynolds was even more of a headscratcher."

Wtf is wrong with idiots not understanding this, let alone a 'journalist'?

It wasn't a charge down, he tackled Reynolds... The ruling is black and white, it's not like the Bunnies got a dud call.

This is up there with the down town rule.
It's an odd one, but it is the rule.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Watching the replay on fox, the commentary is better than Ch 9. I mean 9 is a steaming pile of nursing home dribble and drug f**ked ex-players, and Fox is better than that.

They didn't crap on about the charge down decision for 5 minutes or say cmon Jerome play the ball, you're better than that when they don't know players names let alone the status of their health.

Maximus

Coach
Wonder if the NRL will investigate the Arrow incident. Went off with an obvious head injury, but souths doctors decided not to do HIA (he was only off for 5 mins, when HIA is mandatory 15 mins). Then 15 mins later he has to be replaced due to delayed symptoms. The whole point of the mandatory time is for cases like this.

Maximus

Coach
"By the same token, the decision to not award the Rabbitohs with a fresh set of six when Spencer Leniu “charged down” Reynolds was even more of a headscratcher."

Wtf is wrong with idiots not understanding this, let alone a 'journalist'?

It wasn't a charge down, he tackled Reynolds... The ruling is black and white, it's not like the Bunnies got a dud call.

This is up there with the down town rule.
It's an odd one, but it is the rule.

Like Gould, just wanting to create controversy when there is none. As Freddy said after the game, why are we criticising the refs for applying the rule correctly?

Sonny83

Juniors
I’m no Walker fan, but I really feel for him tonight. Souths were the only team playing footy out there. The only team creating chances. Playing positive footy instead of the negative shit coming from Penrith.

The Panthers only scored from a defensive error and an intercept. They did not deserve to win tonight, not even close. The better team lost, and it took some dodgy decisions to do it.
would you think Souffs would've won in the end if say.......they had 6 again?