What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beave

Coach
"By the same token, the decision to not award the Rabbitohs with a fresh set of six when Spencer Leniu “charged down” Reynolds was even more of a headscratcher."

Wtf is wrong with idiots not understanding this, let alone a 'journalist'?

It wasn't a charge down, he tackled Reynolds... The ruling is black and white, it's not like the Bunnies got a dud call.

This is up there with the down town rule.
It's an odd one, but it is the rule.
the problem is the inconsistency with similar circumstances with that play.

How many times do we see players coming in to make tackles and the ball is touched as they're wrapping their arms with no clear intent they're playing at the ball, only for it to be deemed either a 6 again or a knock on by the defender. I honestly feel with that one he was playing at the ball by the way he is coming in knowing full well the ball is about to be kicked (It was right in front of my bay when it happened). I mean what the f**k else is going to happen when you tackle a guy front on when he is kicking the ball?

This is coming from someone that wanted Penrith to win tonight

Valheru

Coach
Just when we thought the CCM couldn't be a bigger joke. Cleary was about as deserving as JT in 2015. His team merely had to win for him to get it.

His CCM winning stats

0 tries
0 try assists
0 line breaks
0 line break assists
9 missed tackles

What a performance from a halfback. Yeah he kicked well but he was playing off the back of complete dominance in the middle and couldn't create a try.

One of the forwards should of got it.

Munky

Coach
Just when we thought the CCM couldn't be a bigger joke. Cleary was about as deserving as JT in 2015. His team merely had to win for him to get it.

His CCM winning stats

0 tries
0 try assists
0 line breaks
0 line break assists
9 missed tackles

What a performance from a halfback. Yeah he kicked well but he was playing off the back of complete dominance in the middle and couldn't create a try.

Those forced drop outs though...

Fangs

Coach

His CCM winning stats

0 tries
0 try assists
0 line breaks
0 line break assists
9 missed tackles

Or the backs. I thought To'o and Edward's were excellent.

It's a complete joke of an award. Even more of a joke than a Grammy. Shouldn't be respected by anyone.

yobbo84

First Grade
All jokes aside, Souths were dominated and somehow kept it to 2 points. They were outstanding in defeat and if not for a stray kick they tie it up. Fantastic effort.
Honestly it sounds weird but I felt like we both attacked and defended better than the Panthers. Whenever we got into your end (like, maybe 3 times tops) we picked holes with ease. Likewise we repelled what felt like 15 sets on our own line.

The issue was we weren't allowed to play any footy - it felt like we spent 70 minutes of that game rucking it out from our end. Penrith's linespeed the entire game was out of this world and completely dominanted the middle third, from which Cleary kicked us to death. Basically just strangled your way to victory.

I still feel empty and it was a hard loss to take. But as a lifelong Rabbitohs fan I know these victories are few and far between so enjoy every moment of it!

Fangs

Coach
Honestly it sounds weird but I felt like we both attacked and defended better than the Panthers. Whenever we got into your end (like, maybe 3 times tops) we picked holes with ease. Likewise we repelled what felt like 15 sets on our own line.

The issue was we weren't allowed to play any footy - it felt like we spent 70 minutes of that game rucking it out from our end. Penrith's linespeed the entire game was out of this world and completely dominanted the middle third, from which Cleary kicked us to death. Basically just strangled your way to victory.

I still feel empty and it was a hard loss to take. But as a lifelong Rabbitohs fan I know these victories are few and far between so enjoy every moment of it!

That is probably true. Penrith killed South Sydney in their red zone, dominated their back 3.

They could have used Mansour tonight.

Munky

Coach

I agree, even Reynolds looked dangerous with ball on hand.

I guess the masterminds in the coaching staff realised that the chances off scoring off every opportunity are low and allowed for them.

Given the possession stats was too close for my liking.

The_Frog

First Grade

The only way we were ever winning it was by keeping Souths at their own end. It didn't quite come off last time and only just came off this time. Once Souths are in your 20 they find a way through.

A pretty fair piece of coaching I think but a little luck involved as well.

Munky

Coach
The only way we were ever winning it was by keeping Souths at their own end. It didn't quite come off last time and only just came off this time. Once Souths are in your 20 they find a way through.

As I said above the coaching staff took the odds to it. You can't score off every half chance and that is all our boys give.

Still pinching myself that we could perform such a defensive feat.

yobbo84

First Grade

I think it's mental strength more than anything. Pushing through pain to maintain ridic linespeed for 80min is a fair feat.

I can't be prouder of my boys though - to go from sloppy defenders to top 2 defence in a 3 month period was highly impressive.

Munky

Coach
Watching the highlights on Nine and then the NRL YouTube channels.

I'm too drunk to appreciate fully.