What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Ivan Cleary the new Brian Smith?

davi

Juniors
Why the f**k does a Broncos fan care so much about the Tigers...?

Get a f**king life merkin

The truth is getting under your skin so your resorting to personal insults.

By your rationale nobody on this forum is allowed to comment on another club. There wouldn't be alot of discussion on this forum going on then would there.

I would like to see your history of discussion. I wonder if you stick to your own mantra you complete hypocrite. I think even administrators and some I have disagreed with on this forum wouldn't agree with your tirade.

ACTPanthers

Bench
The truth is getting under your skin so your resorting to personal insults.

By your rationale nobody on this forum is allowed to comment on another club. There wouldn't be alot of discussion on this forum going on then would there.

I would like to see your history of discussion. I wonder if you stick to your own mantra you complete hypocrite. I think even administrators and some I have disagreed with on this forum wouldn't agree with your tirade.
Ha ha tirade... Righto big fella

mxlegend99

Referee
That's ridiculous. If the CEO wasn't allowing Ivan Cleary to choose the players he wanted to sign then Cleary wouldn't have taken the job. And would have been accused of meddling. You can't run away from Cleary's bad decisions by suggesting Pascoe 'letting this happen'.

By your rationale no coach in the NRL has to take any responsibility for the players he chooses to sign because the CEO allowed it to happen.
There's nothing wrong with a coach having a say in the players they sign. But they shouldn't be in charge of managing the salary cap and deciding what players should get paid.

That's absolutely incompetent to give the coach all that power and responsibility with no one else to make sure they don't screw it up. Especially when the club had the job up for grabs. There are only 16 jobs available. Especially a person with no experience in doing that stuff

Ivan absolutely did a poor job managing a roster and salary cap at the Tigers. But the board who let him do it are equally to blame. Long before Ivan and after him they are doing the same desperate shit.

MugaB

Coach
There's nothing wrong with a coach having a say in the players they sign. But they shouldn't be in charge of managing the salary cap and deciding what players should get paid.

That's absolutely incompetent to give the coach all that power and responsibility with no one else to make sure they don't screw it up. Especially when the club had the job up for grabs. There are only 16 jobs available. Especially a person with no experience in doing that stuff

Ivan absolutely did a poor job managing a roster and salary cap at the Tigers. But the board who let him do it are equally to blame. Long before Ivan and after him they are doing the same desperate shit.
James Roberts! Blow Game Leilua!
Seriously do they want to win or just fight, then sack Benji, coz "his defense isn't upto scratch" well neither will their attack be without him, he was by far the most influential player and had the highest try assists for that team.
Lastly James Tamou, i wasn't too happy with the panthers originally buying him on a long contract, but he got our pack and turned them into a bunch of hardnuts! Got us out of our funk, now they compete on every play, and drag attackers 2-3 meters back every tackle or atleast try to, his contribution to penrith being minor premiers last year was huge, and it sucks that the team couldn't win it for him.. or the club couldn't extend him for just that extra year... but in saying all that he ain't gonna get that hybrid team to perform with the roster they got, and even if he does (and i hope he does) BJ will get binned or gift penalties and theyll lose their winnable games by 2 points just like he did at the raiders, and then James Roberts will have another bender 4 weeks before the finals and or ruin their run somehow