What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Land Gagai

Spot On

Coach
Never thought I would say this but Gags is a better than average chance of winning the Churchill if that left side of Souths gets humming. He created havoc for Panthers in the qualifying final.

Gags attempted to tackle a player around the legs, a first, and got knocked the f**k out due to poor technique. Who would have guessed that would have been the result???

Spent the time he did have on the field running sideways. Constant crabbing across field can be a really good way to injure a knee.

Kikau did a great job for the Panthers last night - burying Arrow (and ending his night) and delivering in defence for the entire time he was on the field.

Looks like he has given Gags a touchup too.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Gags attempted to tackle a player around the legs, a first, and got knocked the f**k out due to poor technique. Who would have guessed that would have been the result???

Spent the time he did have on the field running sideways. Constant crabbing across field can be a really good way to injure a knee.

Kikau did a great job for the Panthers last night - burying Arrow (and ending his night) and delivering in defence for the entire time he was on the field.

Looks like he has given Gags a touchup too.
Yeah I hope you feel better after offloading that.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Wow I never saw this.. Centre is probably as weak as I've ever seen it in my time watching Rugby League. Almost turning into one of the least important positions.
Dally Ms are based on points and doesn’t reward consistency.
Like Best probably picked up points in a couple games and that was enough to get him a nomination even though he was bad in the other games.

Yosh

Coach
Other teams share the points because they are good across the board. Most of our team were no shows so Best just stacked the points it seems.

Woosh

Head Moderator
If it is indeed an ACL and/or broken leg...

Dear Knights Management; you continue to reap what you sow. There are not enough positives in the clubs recent past to ever consider looking back. Dane Gagai embarrassed the jersey in his final couple of seasons. What were you thinking?

STFU

Attachments

• B9CB8E0E-F67A-40A8-BA2F-EF6DD4523A01.jpeg
    B9CB8E0E-F67A-40A8-BA2F-EF6DD4523A01.jpeg
    698.6 KB · Views: 36

Woosh

Head Moderator
Knee is fine, no strapping and good to go for preseason.

Attachments

• E72289F9-61C7-4EB2-A2C1-35A2574586F3.jpeg
    E72289F9-61C7-4EB2-A2C1-35A2574586F3.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 14

Old dog

Juniors
Yes players looking at the dollars rather than the possible success will have an eye on 2023, especially players with few years left looking for the big pay. Developing players might be better waiting a few years, play for successful established clubs, make a name then make the money.

Old dog

Juniors
With Gags being at South’s with Bennett I’m sure he would have had some idea of the likely hood of the Dolphins coming on board, I think he just wants two years to finish his career and settle in Newcastle

Woosh

Head Moderator
Wow I never saw this.. Centre is probably as weak as I've ever seen it in my time watching Rugby League. Almost turning into one of the least important positions.

Matty Johns bought this up on his poddy.

Only 3 centres were in the top 50 for try assists this year.

The 3 centres all came from sides that finished in the top 3.

Gagai (19th) - 14 TA from 23 Games

Burton (24th) - 13 TA from 26 Games

Olam (34th) - 10 TA from 25 Games

If Walker hit Gagai short instead of a cut out to Crichton, he would’ve had another TA and a premiership ring.

1636875888525.gif

Spot On

Coach
Newcastle will rocket up the ‘for’ category in 2022 with a dynamic, creative centre in Gagai giving us an extra 12 to 16 try assists PLUS all the tries he will score himself.

That adds close to 100 points just in tries next year. Add the goals on top and wowsers!!!

We’ve been crying out for a centre that good since… our last gun centre.