What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2022

BrotherJim05

Bench
Agree the outside backs need attention. None of our centers fill me with any confidence. I don’t think Talau is anything special but him doing his ACL in round 25 is a nightmare for us. On the guys you mentioned

Kepeoa: his hands let him down on the wing but otherwise I think there’s a good footballer there. He’s big, fast and has a go. All his juniors were at fullback or center. He literally only played wing in first grade for us. Centre is his best position, will be back to full fitness in December so will have most of the pre season

Hoffman: has put on a good amount of size. Will never be a stand out first grader but the type of guy who’s probably Do a job at center in a good side

Kei: I have never, ever seen anything from this guy. He is shit, I can’t believe we signed him on a 3 year deal. Can someone please plant some drugs on him and get him sacked? Every single one of our Jersey Flegg backline are better then him

Gildart: in 18/19 this guy was absolutely electric and would have 100% been a success in the NRL. In 20 he had some bad injuries and this year never got back to his previous form. Still only 25 so there’s hope for him, but I’m not sold.

Apparently we have signed Logen Dillon (fullback) and Liam Scolari (wing) from the Flegg side for next year. I’m unsure if they are NRL, development or Nsw cup deals.

Dillon was arguably the star of the Flegg side which was undefeated after 14 rounds. Raw pace and started to develop a good passing game. Plays in a simile vein to Papenhuyzen. I wouldn’t be playing him NRL in 2022 but he is worth holding

Scolari is a nuggety Hard working player. Not as explosive however he’s a very smart winger who reads defence well. Reminds me of Matt Sing. Probably not ready for NRL yet but wouldn’t be far off.

The one from the team who looked ready for first grade is Israel Ogden, can play all 3 positions but looked best at centre. I’d take him over the 4 we spoke about as being in the NRL squad.

I don't want to be a negative nancy but the reality is that all those players are reserve graders. They definitely have potential to improve and become FG material, but if you stuck them all in FG you wouldn't be saying "holy shit that bloke doesn't belong in reserves!"

We need to sign two good centres that have proven within the last 12 months they can play NRL. Peachy seems like a done deal so he slots straight in. I know he's realistically a utility, but he's miles better at centre than any of those players. If I'm wrong and any of those players prove otherwise then great, move Peachy wherever else needs plugging for the two years we have him.
I'd then really make a bold play for Lomax. Dragons are still rebuilding and if Lomax isn't happy with the new management I'm sure we could take his contract of their hands with minimal chipping in from their side. If not, go for Cotric while the Bulldogs are dealing with their cap constraints.

I really think that 2 Centres, 1 2nd Row, and 1 Middle Forward is what we need for next year. Halves will no doubt become a problem but if we shore up these 4 spots before 2022 season then we can put our full focus into dealing with halves for 2023 season and beyond.

wouldn't that cause a ruckus...... stirrer. :)
I’d be cool with it. Both clubs are as awesome as the other in my book. Just for a couple of years to mix things up. We live together and by the f**k, we will die together. Let no one and nothing tear us apart.

I hope we have approached Ciraldo.

He’s got the job done there, mission accomplished and he needs to further his career. We can offer that opportunity.

Last edited:
Footy Quiz with Scolari!

Here is a breakdown of a scolari tackle and some questions.

Your answer will be assessed according to advice I have received by a former junior who did not make it to the nrl. Not me who has never played league other than good old park footy.

Its a chance for you to show off your footballing knowledge, putting yourself in the boots of these young players.

A correct answer will be awarded 1 pt and the winner will be honoured as the Scolari Trophy holder.

one v one!

111EF628-B45E-4DDA-878B-0C569585E163.jpeg

Identify with precision the major problem this attacker is facing?

How could it have been avoided?

Scolari has many options in defence.

What is his main concern at this point?

Is his stance deliberate and if so, what is he setting up for?

More questions later.

Thanks to @Vic Mackey for raw footage.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Footy Quiz with Scolari!

Here is a breakdown of a scolari tackle and some questions.

Your answer will be assessed according to advice I have received by a former junior who did not make it to the nrl. Not me who has never played league other than good old park footy.

Its a chance for you to show off your footballing knowledge, putting yourself in the boots of these young players.

A correct answer will be awarded 1 pt and the winner will be honoured as the Scolari Trophy holder.

one v one!

View attachment 54847

Identify with precision the major problem this attacker is facing?

How could it have been avoided?

Scolari has many options in defence.

What is his main concern at this point?

Is his stance deliberate and if so, what is he setting up for?

More questions later.

Thanks to @Vic Mackey for raw footage.
I’ll play along….
The attacker is in a terrible position to brace and absorb the impact of the tackle. With his arms above his head, he has opened his torso up for a free hit. If I was that defender, I’d launch with my legs, driving my shoulder in an upwards trajectory with maximum force into his rib cage. You would almost certainly break some ribs or tear some cartilage. At the very least, you would knock all of the air out of his lungs and he would drop the ball.
Your only chance as the attacker is to leap and turn sideways in the hope that your hip takes the collision in place of your ribs.
The defenders main risk with this tackle is that they hit the attacker too low. You want impact around the start of the rib cage to the armpit. Anything below the naval and you will likely flip or tip him past the horizontal and incur a stretch on the sidelines. Additionally, you may come in contact with the hip and hurt yourself…the hips and rump are as hard as concrete when flexed under this type of stress.
The defenders stance is forcing the attacker to move to the outside shoulder and assuming the defender is right handed, this sets him up beautifully to drive and hit with his strong shoulder. He is on his toes, has pivoted off his left leg and is about to lunge off his right which is already lined up with the attackers torso. This will allow the defenders momentum to move forward and upward, with full force to flow through the attacker … as long as he gets the timing right, which it seems he has.

I’ll play along….
The attacker is in a terrible position to brace and absorb the impact of the tackle. With his arms above his head, he has opened his torso up for a free hit. If I was that defender, I’d launch with my legs, driving my shoulder in an upwards trajectory with maximum force into his rib cage. You would almost certainly break some ribs or tear some cartilage. At the very least, you would knock all of the air out of his lungs and he would drop the ball.
Your only chance as the attacker is to leap and turn sideways in the hope that your hip takes the collision in place of your ribs.
The defenders main risk with this tackle is that they hit the attacker too low. You want impact around the start of the rib cage to the armpit. Anything below the naval and you will likely flip or tip him past the horizontal and incur a stretch on the sidelines. Additionally, you may come in contact with the hip and hurt yourself…the hips and rump are as hard as concrete when flexed under this type of stress.
The defenders stance is forcing the attacker to move to the outside shoulder and assuming the defender is right handed, this sets him up beautifully to drive and hit with his strong shoulder. He is on his toes, has pivoted off his left leg and is about to lunge off his right which is already lined up with the attackers torso. This will allow the defenders momentum to move forward and upward, with full force to flow through the attacker … as long as he gets the timing right, which it seems he has.
3FEE0EF2-DE89-4DB6-930E-9B766C550CF2.jpeg0B83BCE6-CCE2-4B4D-8515-12ABC86BD6FF.jpeg7D4666A1-6584-4056-B5DD-11E4A0D9C121.jpegAD67CB0A-6C7F-4022-878F-25A9E1CAE10C.jpeg
Well done @stryker above and beyond.

But you missed one question in your haste to address the forensics of the impact theory and practice.

a) How could the attackers dilemma been avoided at first instance?

b) Faced with a patient Scolari with his lower centre of gravity, do you have any further alternate courses of action the attacker may have deployed to further his attacking ambition?

For example, do you find any credence in an attempted tap back to the unmarked winger or assuming the pass was thrown backwards, given Scolaris position, should he not have attempted the catch the ball and allowed the ball to bounce with gay abandon. It’s been on my mind for the last few days.

Also, I appear to have defamed skollars because of my misleading title.

It’s not one v one, he’s actually up against 2 players and there’s absolutely no sign of a fullback in support.

So he makes one bad decision, it’s death.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
From the WT site?

Wests Tigers sign Tyrone Peachey​

AuthorWests TigersTimestampFri 8 Oct 2021, 01:00 PM

Share on social media​

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of experienced utility Tyrone Peachey, effective immediately.
The two-year deal will see the former Origin representative join the club for the start of the 2022 NRL season and remain in Wests Tigers colours until at least the end of the 2023 season.

Having originally started his career at Cronulla in 2013, Peachey joined Penrith in 2014 and played in 109 games for the Panthers before linking up with the Gold Coast Titans in 2019, with whom he went on to play a further 62 matches.
He has chalked up numerous representative achievements including three games for New South Wales Origin (2018) and six games for the Indigenous All Stars (2015-17, 19-21), as well as appearances for New South Wales City Origin and the Prime Minister’s XIII.
20041793_peacheyt-180624nh52.jpg

Capable of playing at lock, second row or in the halves, Peachey provides great experience and versatility for the club in 2022 and expressed his excitement to make an impact at Wests Tigers.
“I’m really excited to join the club and get stuck into work with Wests Tigers,” Peachey said.
“I’ve been really impressed by Madge and the way he approaches the game and I’m looking forward to working under him. I know that I perform my best when I’ve got a strong coach who can keep me accountable, and I’ve really enjoyed speaking with him lately.
62131080_peacheyt_2nh_1618_2021219175755.jpg

“I’m pretty keen to work too with a lot of the young talent at the club,” he said.
“I’ve been through the process of seeing young players step up into the NRL and what needs to change for the club to be successful. It’s a good chance for me to not only help on the field but also give the young players some direction and help this team play finals footy.
“Wests Tigers is a big club and a pretty special club with its history — it deserves to be competing in the big games every year and I can’t wait to help us do that.”

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire said Peachey would be a strong addition for the club.
“I’m really pleased to welcome Tyrone to our team and to have his experience and versatility as part of our club,” Maguire said.
“Tyrone is a real competitor in all that he does on and off the field, and he will add a lot to the way that we want to play moving forward.”
29566838_peacheyt-try-celeb-190509700-sd.jpg

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe officially welcomed Peachey to the club.
“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to welcome Tyrone and his family to the club and say how pleased we are to have secured him for the coming two years,” Pascoe said.
“Tyrone’s experience as an NRL player will be invaluable to our team. We have been disciplined and intentional with our recruitment of players to the club, and Tyrone’s signing is another example of that.
“We’re excited to have him join Wests Tigers and look forward to him adding to our club.”
Having finished his playing contract with the Gold Coast Titans at the end of the 2021 season, Peachey will link up with Wests Tigers immediately and will join his new teammates for pre-season training in November.
wt2021_signing_tyrone-peachey_fb.jpg

PLAYER PROFILE: TYRONE PEACHEY​

Date of Birth8th August, 1991 (Wellington, NSW)
Junior ClubsWellington Cowboys, Cronulla-Caringbah
PositionsLock, Second Row, Five-Eighth, Halfback
NRL DebutCronulla v Canberra, Endeavour Field, 19/05/13 (Rd.10)
Previous ClubsCronulla (2013), Penrith (2014-18), Gold Coast (2019-21)
Rep. HonoursNSW Origin (2018)
Indigenous All Stars (2015-17, 19-21)
NSW City Origin (2015-17)
Prime Minister’s XIII (2015)

Attachments

• 1633658783960.png
    1633658783960.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 4
From the WT site?

Share on social media​

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of experienced utility Tyrone Peachey, effective immediately.
The two-year deal will see the former Origin representative join the club for the start of the 2022 NRL season and remain in Wests Tigers colours until at least the end of the 2023 season.

Having originally started his career at Cronulla in 2013, Peachey joined Penrith in 2014 and played in 109 games for the Panthers before linking up with the Gold Coast Titans in 2019, with whom he went on to play a further 62 matches.
He has chalked up numerous representative achievements including three games for New South Wales Origin (2018) and six games for the Indigenous All Stars (2015-17, 19-21), as well as appearances for New South Wales City Origin and the Prime Minister’s XIII.

Capable of playing at lock, second row or in the halves, Peachey provides great experience and versatility for the club in 2022 and expressed his excitement to make an impact at Wests Tigers.
“I’m really excited to join the club and get stuck into work with Wests Tigers,” Peachey said.
“I’ve been really impressed by Madge and the way he approaches the game and I’m looking forward to working under him. I know that I perform my best when I’ve got a strong coach who can keep me accountable, and I’ve really enjoyed speaking with him lately.

“I’m pretty keen to work too with a lot of the young talent at the club,” he said.
“I’ve been through the process of seeing young players step up into the NRL and what needs to change for the club to be successful. It’s a good chance for me to not only help on the field but also give the young players some direction and help this team play finals footy.
“Wests Tigers is a big club and a pretty special club with its history — it deserves to be competing in the big games every year and I can’t wait to help us do that.”

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire said Peachey would be a strong addition for the club.
“I’m really pleased to welcome Tyrone to our team and to have his experience and versatility as part of our club,” Maguire said.
“Tyrone is a real competitor in all that he does on and off the field, and he will add a lot to the way that we want to play moving forward.”

“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to welcome Tyrone and his family to the club and say how pleased we are to have secured him for the coming two years,” Pascoe said.
“Tyrone’s experience as an NRL player will be invaluable to our team. We have been disciplined and intentional with our recruitment of players to the club, and Tyrone’s signing is another example of that.
“We’re excited to have him join Wests Tigers and look forward to him adding to our club.”
Having finished his playing contract with the Gold Coast Titans at the end of the 2021 season, Peachey will link up with Wests Tigers immediately and will join his new teammates for pre-season training in November.

Big money for him.

Ok, the clue is in his comment about the coach and basically, he’s been given ultimatum to reach is maximum fitness levels, because hes chugged a few extra sausage rolls down the last few seasons.

We have to find out the reason for his extra burger and eliminate it. Maybe some kind of tablet that fills his stomach up if he’s tempted.

Has good hands and creativity around the ruck. Excellent player when he’s on. Indigenous side is elite.

I hear the jet is on train and trial $1k a week due to drop in form. If so, makes available a little more cash if something better turns up.

Laurie was described to me as a good “ eyes up” player. Some business about him getting $124k a season. Maybe another reason to keep composed about the awkwardness of his gf “appearance” apart from his broken leg.

Young mate is $200k behind factory salary which is nothing short of a crime when you look at the balance of the roster.

stryker

First Grade
View attachment 54856View attachment 54857View attachment 54858View attachment 54859
Well done @stryker above and beyond.

But you missed one question in your haste to address the forensics of the impact theory and practice.

a) How could the attackers dilemma been avoided at first instance?

b) Faced with a patient Scolari with his lower centre of gravity, do you have any further alternate courses of action the attacker may have deployed to further his attacking ambition?

For example, do you find any credence in an attempted tap back to the unmarked winger or assuming the pass was thrown backwards, given Scolaris position, should he not have attempted the catch the ball and allowed the ball to bounce with gay abandon. It’s been on my mind for the last few days.

Also, I appear to have defamed skollars because of my misleading title.

It’s not one v one, he’s actually up against 2 players and there’s absolutely no sign of a fullback in support.

So he makes one bad decision, it’s death.
The attacker left his feet to catch the ball, which was his only mitigation if catching the ball was the intention. This made the target higher for the defender and gave the attacker the opportunity to promote the ball to his winger. A tap on or letting the ball go are somewhat low percentage, however both probably result in points or at least retained possession. Catching the ball is highly risky due to the chance of injury and/or losing possession.

Looking at the rest of those stills I’d say the defender was lucky that the attacker did leave his feet. He has tackled him with the wrong shoulder, got his head in the wrong spot, lifted him past the horizontal and landed awkwardly, tied up with him on the ground. The fact the attacker has his winger in support further validates my opinion that this tackle was a poor one with a lucky outcome. The fact he has hit him on the wrong side and too low means the power of the hit is lessened. It also means that the attacker had the chance to offload, tap it on etc as you stated.
I’d suspect this tackle resulted in a penalty and was possibly put on report?

Tigerm

First Grade
From Tyrone:

“I’ve been really impressed by Madge and the way he approaches the game and I’m looking forward to working under him. I know that I perform my best when I’ve got a strong coach who can keep me accountable, and I’ve really enjoyed speaking with him lately."

How much has he signed on for?

stryker

First Grade
From Tyrone:

“I’ve been really impressed by Madge and the way he approaches the game and I’m looking forward to working under him. I know that I perform my best when I’ve got a strong coach who can keep me accountable, and I’ve really enjoyed speaking with him lately."

Does this mean he is not self motivated?

WA Tiger

Bench
From the WT site?

Share on social media​

Great so it’s bye bye Brooks since Peachy and Hasting can only be better options.. Oh hang on Madge is the coach disregard that ..Alternative, I’d chuck him in at centre

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
From Tyrone:

I really want to return to Sydney. Madge sounds like a fkwit, but I’ll put up with him for $375k a year …who wouldn’t!

Does this mean he is not self motivated?
Yes, that appears to be the imputation in his statement.

Recognising that, I find at least some comfort in the fact that it is an open admission on the public record, which suggests that he is able to place himself under scrutiny and pressure.

Eminently preferable to a denial of his evident shortcomings which many players are incapable of.

I also interpret it as a slight on Holbrook which I suspect is a touch pernicious and an attempt to absolve himself from the full responsibility of his own conduct.

That left me in two minds about his prospects, but hopefully on this occasion, the proof is not in the pudding.

On the basis of that last statement, I would have included a kpi regarding his fitness and appllication in the fine print.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Yes, that appears to be the imputation in his statement.

Recognising that, I find at least some comfort in the fact that it is an open admission on the public record, which suggests that he is able to place himself under scrutiny and pressure.

Eminently preferable to a denial of his evident shortcomings which many players are incapable of.

I also interpret it as a slight on Holbrook which I suspect is a touch pernicious and an attempt to absolve himself from the full responsibility of his own conduct.

That left me in two minds about his prospects, but hopefully on this occasion, the proof is not in the pudding.

On the basis of that last statement, I would have included a kpi regarding his fitness and appllication in the fine print.
Huh? That’s just gratuitous shit mate

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Peachey signs two-year deal, Tigers still have $1 million to spend
By Christian Nicolussi
October 8, 2021 — 1.19pm

The Wests Tigers have confirmed Tyrone Peachey is headed to the club on a two-year deal worth about $750,000.

Peachey finished his three-year stint on the Gold Coast and was keen for a return home to Sydney before landing a contract with the Tigers.

The former NSW Origin representative is capable of playing in the halves while also slotting into lock forward and even the centres.

With Adam Doueihi set to miss the opening couple of months of the season as he recovers from a second knee operation, Peachey or Jackson Hastings will be given the chance to partner Luke Brooks in the halves.

Peachey’s deal is expected to set the Tigers back about $400,000 next year and about $350,000 in 2023.

They still have three spots to fill on their roster and more than $1 million to play with.

English centre Oliver Gildart is also bound for Concord, as is arguably their best buy, new coaching director Tim Sheens.

Earlier on Friday, the New Zealand Warriors confirmed Kane Evans had been freed from the final year of his contract to take up an opportunity in Super League.

Latest posts