What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

mongoose

Coach
It would be nice to get away from the Chevrons. Maybe something to the effect of:

clapham-rovers-rugby-shirt-front-2_2048x2048.jpg
could definitely attract some Union old boys as fans with that spiffing kit

flippikat

Bench

Billion dollar company agrees to back the Jets bid. Could we end up with 2 teams?
Interesting development, and one heck of a late move by the Jets/Bombers.. BUT Redcliffe's big selling point to the Broncos & Titans is that their base is well away from the SE-Queensland incumbents.. and as much money as they may have, the two non-Redcliffe bids spook the incumbents by virtue of their proximity.

Plus it's hard to see broadcasters re-negotiate MID DEAL to add a 9th game per week.. so an 18th team ain't likely until 2028.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interesting development, and one heck of a late move by the Jets/Bombers.. BUT Redcliffe's big selling point to the Broncos & Titans is that their base is well away from the SE-Queensland incumbents.. and as much money as they may have, the two non-Redcliffe bids spook the incumbents by virtue of their proximity.

Plus it's hard to see broadcasters re-negotiate MID DEAL to add a 9th game per week.. so an 18th team ain't likely until 2028.
Broncos obviously didnt believe the club commissioned report then that showed that the area with the biggest % of Broncos fans was the Northern area. I wonder if it is more to do with which areas they think have the stronger potential to generate a fanbase and attract sponsors thus being more of a competitor for them? The idea of a far flung suburban peninsula club with one eye on moving back 'home', rather than a main stream city based one with Suncorp as their shared home would probably scare them less.

qlnd fans.jpg

Canard

Immortal

Billion dollar company agrees to back the Jets bid. Could we end up with 2 teams?
This just sounds like horseshit and desperation, Billion Dollar QLD company agrees to maybe sponsor team. (But we won't say who)

Does that mean the Cowboys are "backed" by a trillion dollar company because of there Toyota sponsorship?

I note the Dolphins so called $100M in wealth has already taken a 40% hit and is now "only" $59M.

flippikat

Bench
This just sounds like horseshit and desperation, Billion Dollar QLD company agrees to maybe sponsor team. (But we won't say who)

Does that mean the Cowboys are "backed" by a trillion dollar company because of there Toyota sponsorship?

I note the Dolphins so called $100M in wealth has already taken a 40% hit and is now "only" $59M.
You got it. It all just seems like some last second "Hail Mary" play when you need a converted try just to claw your way into extra time.

The best they can hope for is the NRL to keep them in mind for the 18th , but even then that's a looooong shot given that every interested party from Perth to NZ will be clamoring for that place as well.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Apparently in Qld dolphins are red and gold.

Now I have fed Echo twice at Tangalooma, she was grey and white..

No matter.

jim_57

Staff member
I reckon the red white and charcoal combo is mint, I'm personally not a fan of the gold/yellow. I think 3 colours is plenty (it's why I hate the yellow in the NQ scheme and the increasing of its use throughout the 2k's in their merch)

Totally agree, Red/White/Charcoal is perfect for the Dolphins, no reason to add more colours. Dragons are mostly white & Bears are long gone.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Broncos obviously didnt believe the club commissioned report then that showed that the area with the biggest % of Broncos fans was the Northern area. I wonder if it is more to do with which areas they think have the stronger potential to generate a fanbase and attract sponsors thus being more of a competitor for them? The idea of a far flung suburban peninsula club with one eye on moving back 'home', rather than a main stream city based one with Suncorp as their shared home would probably scare them less.

View attachment 55021

Going by what people here on the Gold Coast are saying, the bid Broncos hate the most is the Jets, solely because they want the Ipswich/Western Queensland juniors to remain their property. Springfield, Marsden, Ipswich and then further West towards Toowoomba are Broncos feeding ground.

ReddFelon

Juniors
As someone who lives in the western area of Brissy, I would love to see a team based out of here but the bid seems like a complete f$&@ing shambles

Out of curiosity, do the Broncos tend to raid juniors from the West?

beave

Coach
Out of curiosity, do the Broncos tend to raid juniors from the West?
mate i honestly have no idea as my 10yr old doesn't play footy and I'm that busy with my work commitments I don't really know what goes on hey.

The one thing they have to be wary of is the AFL are building a ground right next to Springfield Central station. They were given prime land by the Ippy council to build what I would imagine to be a 8-10k stadium for AFLW, probably some Lions games when they vacate the Gabba for the upgrades and I beleive the Lions will be training there full time (i'll believe that when I see it as the young guys living in the lattè sipping inner city will crack the shits having to travel out here). The land would have been awesome for a league team though to train out of, even build a 25k stadium if they wanted to have a seperate facility for the smaller games, but the idiot council gave it away. Next to a train station, next to the Centenary Motorway and a shopping centre next to it with bulk parking and there is now also a 5 level car park being built for the train commuters.

I'm not an AFL paranoid clown but it's pretty clear of the intentions and a few lads that I work with that are diehard leagueies are letting their kids play AFL. A few reasons they say is that the Auskick fruitery has taken the kids interest and the fact they don't want their kids being smashed up by the bigger polynesian kids from Redbank so this is the better option for them. One of my mates is even coaching jnr AFL and knows nothing about the game and is a diehard broncos fan.........

ReddFelon

Juniors
mate i honestly have no idea as my 10yr old doesn't play footy and I'm that busy with my work commitments I don't really know what goes on hey.

The one thing they have to be wary of is the AFL are building a ground right next to Springfield Central station. They were given prime land by the Ippy council to build what I would imagine to be a 8-10k stadium for AFLW, probably some Lions games when they vacate the Gabba for the upgrades and I beleive the Lions will be training there full time (i'll believe that when I see it as the young guys living in the lattè sipping inner city will crack the shits having to travel out here). The land would have been awesome for a league team though to train out of, even build a 25k stadium if they wanted to have a seperate facility for the smaller games, but the idiot council gave it away. Next to a train station, next to the Centenary Motorway and a shopping centre next to it with bulk parking and there is now also a 5 level car park being built for the train commuters.

I'm not an AFL paranoid clown but it's pretty clear of the intentions and a few lads that I work with that are diehard leagueies are letting their kids play AFL. A few reasons they say is that the Auskick fruitery has taken the kids interest and the fact they don't want their kids being smashed up by the bigger polynesian kids from Redbank so this is the better option for them. One of my mates is even coaching jnr AFL and knows nothing about the game and is a diehard broncos fan.........

Yeah that's fair, we're having the same deal here on the Gold Coast. More and more kids signing up for the Coomera and Ormeau AFL sides over the local League and Union clubs. There does seem to be a big move for smaller kids or rather kids who don't get their adult bodies until they're adults, instead of some Samoan 11 year old that looks 30, leaning towards AFL.

I've noticed there's cultural stuff at play here too, Keebra Park is a great League school but it's an absolute garbage place to send your kids.

xe_kilroy

Juniors
This is why the ARL might very well give the west an 18th license same time as 17th, as AFL tries to move in tempting juniors away from League. Broncos be damned, just have to deal with competition like all the Sydney clubs have to.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tha

thats why they are smarter than us! Meanwhile we can’t even consider putting in a team in a rusted on afl state lol