What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

blacksafake

First Grade
I concede that SOME wingers have a metre eating role in the modern game-To'o being the best at that. But the the second sentence of your statement is just not supported by the facts. The four top try scoring wingers for 2021 -Alex Johnston, Reuben Garrick, Jason Saab and Josh Addo Carr are all flyers- not bullockers.
Fair enough but they all had plenty of help from inside them.

thebigredv

First Grade
Would you tell the world that we have signed those players? I'd keep it under my hat and hope no one notices.😁

Seriously though, no disrespect intended but Hook is going to have a hell of a time to get results out of this group. Quite an eclectic group...old timers, discards, injury-proned gambles and a couple decent players as well.

I like that we are at least trying to recruit players to assemble some sort of team but it isn't panning out for 2022. Hoping November brings better news for 2023 but now clubs have the Dolphins to fight it out with.

So much rests on the likes of Sloan, Amone and Sullivan to bring some light to this joint.

hewi

Bench
From Fox sports this morning.

Predicted Dragons best 17: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Cody Ramsey 3. Jack Bird 4. Moses Suli 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Moses Mbye 7. Ben Hunt 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Andrew McCullough 10. George Burgess 11. Jaydn Su’A 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jack de Belin 14. Talatau Amone 15. Josh McGuire 16. Daniel Alvaro 17. Francis Molo

No Lomax, a mistake or an omen? Mistake i hope.

Crush

Coach

Predicted Dragons best 17: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Cody Ramsey 3. Jack Bird 4. Moses Suli 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Moses Mbye 7. Ben Hunt 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Andrew McCullough 10. George Burgess 11. Jaydn Su’A 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jack de Belin 14. Talatau Amone 15. Josh McGuire 16. Daniel Alvaro 17. Francis Molo

Do these guys watch NRL?
Seriously….

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Surely they are taking the piss

BBTB

Juniors
I concede that SOME wingers have a metre eating role in the modern game-To'o being the best at that. But the the second sentence of your statement is just not supported by the facts. The four top try scoring wingers for 2021 -Alex Johnston, Reuben Garrick, Jason Saab and Josh Addo Carr are all flyers- not bullockers.
Yes, good we have a winger, that can do both,
RAVA, ur the man....Can also tackle.....smash'm big Rava.

stgeorge1

Juniors
Brisbane has one of the largest Dragon fan bases in the Country
When the Drags play the Broncs up here , its embarrassing to the Broncos hierachy that the crowd which averages around 35 000 is at least 50 50 or in the Dragons favour
What the two heads dont get , is that so many southerners have migrated North over the years into the Sunshine State , that the following of say Bunnies , Eels , now Penrith and Us is enormous ..Suncorp is no longer the graveyard that it once was ..Sides lift when playing here , esp with fan support .
The Dolphins will take away a huge chunk of support from the Broncs , who are presently floundering on and off the paddock......

i
Do these guys watch NRL?
Seriously….
They have no idea
They have no id8

Dragsters

First Grade
Relax all.

The article now reads as follows...

Predicted Dragons best 17: 1. Jack Bird 2. Cody Ramsey 3. Zac Lomax 4. Moses Suli 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Moses Mbye 7. Ben Hunt 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Andrew McCullough 10. George Burgess 11. Jaydn Su’A 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jack de Belin 14. Talatau Amone 15. Josh McGuire 16. Daniel Alvaro 17. Francis Molo

Clearly it was an error.

Just like them selecting Bird at fullback...

hewi

Bench
Relax all.

Predicted Dragons best 17: 1. Jack Bird 2. Cody Ramsey 3. Zac Lomax 4. Moses Suli 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Moses Mbye 7. Ben Hunt 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Andrew McCullough 10. George Burgess 11. Jaydn Su’A 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jack de Belin 14. Talatau Amone 15. Josh McGuire 16. Daniel Alvaro 17. Francis Molo

Clearly it was an error.

Pretty big mistake, maybe it was late at night and a few to many pigs ears had been consumed

Dragon David

First Grade
Relax all.

Clearly it was an error.

If Hook doesn't select Sloan at fullback for the full season, I'll give it away. He will be the one to watch for us.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
On the most recent Red V Podcast author Geoff Armstrong gave the three things that the most successful Dragons teams have all had over the years:

1. They were the fittest team in the competition.
2. They were very disciplined - very few stupid penalties (or 6 agains these days I guess)
3. They had a powerful forward pack.

Based on that, how are the Dragons looking for next year?

BBTB

Juniors
On the most recent Red V Podcast author Geoff Armstrong gave the three things that the most successful Dragons teams have all had over the years:

1. They were the fittest team in the competition.
2. They were very disciplined - very few stupid penalties (or 6 agains these days I guess)
3. They had a powerful forward pack.

Based on that, how are the Dragons looking for next year?
Think,time will tell. I am liking what I see though....forwards
are shaping up quite well.Big
Improvement on 2021.

Latest posts