What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Quigs

Immortal
Back in the day when I was a snotty nosed brat in the Shire double pluggers were the go. The only footwear worth having and they were long lasting aussie made. You could wear them to the souls wore out, they were that good.

Have not been able to buy aussie ones for decades.

I found a supplier of a noice chinese made double pluggers in Yeppoon (23k from home). They are far inferior to the originals but are a lot better than the cheap shit thongs.

I usually buy three pairs at a time @ $8
---------------------------------------------------
(it is the off season okay- this is a TRUE FB post I put up in Feb this year)

double-pluggers.jpg
BREAKING NEWS - THE SECRET BURIAL GROUND OF DOUBLE PLUGGER THONGS HAS BEEN FOUND.
My wife often accuses moi of being a hoarder. I can't for the life of me understand why. Double Plugger replacements / backups come in handy when one wears down to uncomfortably too thin or a DP suffers a catastrophic strap failure.

My opinion is you will never know when the time comes to look for footwear backup but I have bitten the bullet and have now culled the stock down to one or two of the best pairs. I've reluctantly donated the rest to local landfill.

Back in my day they made Double Pluggers that lasted for years. These days the quality has just gone down the gurgle

Tiger Shark

Bench
Reckon out of respect to the Roosters you won’t see him in a Sharks polo till Nov 1. Same goes for Nicho…Finnucane and McInnes. Might be wrong but see Fitzy in a polo rather than a suit.
Jesus Christ, maybe we shouldn't see him in a Sharks polo till Rd 12 next year ?

His obligations with the Roosters are well and truly done. 100% of his energy is on the Sharks and we'll see him in Sharks kit when see him but there's no tactical reason why we'll wait. He's likely enjoying some well earned time with his family at home for a bit.

As for Nicho and the others. Same goes. Finucane is still in iso in Melbourne so we won't see him till he moves up.

R-15-3

Juniors
It’s been a long tuff year for players, coaches and their families.
I don’t want to see them until they are mentally ready to put 100% back into it. No point getting them in for mindless pr or bonding etc etc

Special K

Coach
Reckon out of respect to the Roosters you won’t see him in a Sharks polo till Nov 1. Same goes for Nicho…Finnucane and McInnes. Might be wrong but see Fitzy in a polo rather than a suit.
As mentioned McInnes has been on our books since June/July.

Finucane is doing quarantine atm according to his Instagram. Nicho has been back in Umina and spotted surfing around Cronulla already. I'd say the club themselves is getting ready for their own pre season etc so no need to rush anything especially as we are not paying these guys yet (besides Cam) and we won't be at home for the first few months. Plus usually guys who went longer into the finals get a few extra weeks off.

Fitz though I have no doubt is working for us already. I heard last month he was going over as much lower grade stuff as he could find which may explain a few signatures lately.

my team

Juniors
Most of the club staff would be on leave. It will ramp up in 3 weeks.
Players get between 8wks <4 full-time pre-seasons & 10wks 5+ pre-seasons off, starts 3 days after their last game, majority back mid Nov, Dale mid Dec

Tiger Shark

Bench
As mentioned McInnes has been on our books since June/July.

Finucane is doing quarantine atm according to his Instagram. Nicho has been back in Umina and spotted surfing around Cronulla already. I'd say the club themselves is getting ready for their own pre season etc so no need to rush anything especially as we are not paying these guys yet (besides Cam) and we won't be at home for the first few months. Plus usually guys who went longer into the finals get a few extra weeks off.

Fitz though I have no doubt is working for us already. I heard last month he was going over as much lower grade stuff as he could find which may explain a few signatures lately.
Are you sure McInnes has actually been on our books ? I thought we were taking over his rehab as the Dragons didn't have anyone staying back but that was it, we were handling his rehab and Dragons till paying him.

I can't see the Sharks taking on his salary when he's not able to play for us. His rehab sure.

Yeah BBB, love Birdman. I used to print the covers for a lot of indie labels back in the 80s in Waterloo. Waterfront, Phantom, Aberrant, Green Fez etc. Fun times.
Cool mate.
I know Rob really well, and the "newbies " in the band, Nik, Jim, and Dave I count as some of my closest mates.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Back in the day when I was a snotty nosed brat in the Shire double pluggers were the go. The only footwear worth having and they were long lasting aussie made. You could wear them to the souls wore out, they were that good.

Have not been able to buy aussie ones for decades.

I found a supplier of a noice chinese made double pluggers in Yeppoon (23k from home). They are far inferior to the originals but are a lot better than the cheap shit thongs.

I usually buy three pairs at a time @ $8
(it is the off season okay- this is a TRUE FB post I put up in Feb this year)

double-pluggers.jpg
BREAKING NEWS - THE SECRET BURIAL GROUND OF DOUBLE PLUGGER THONGS HAS BEEN FOUND.
My wife often accuses moi of being a hoarder. I can't for the life of me understand why. Double Plugger replacements / backups come in handy when one wears down to uncomfortably too thin or a DP suffers a catastrophic strap failure.

My opinion is you will never know when the time comes to look for footwear backup but I have bitten the bullet and have now culled the stock down to one or two of the best pairs. I've reluctantly donated the rest to local landfill.

Back in my day they made Double Pluggers that lasted for years. These days the quality has just gone down the gurgle

FMFFJJ!!

I can smell the stench of rotten toe jam from here.

BTW He's right. Double pluggers were the best ever thongs.

Apart from the ones I wear on party nights

R-15-3

Juniors
Article in today’s paper about Fitz promising Fifita that he isn’t trying to move him on even if he may not crack firsts but be a leader off the field.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Article in today’s paper about Fitz promising Fifita that he isn’t trying to move him on even if he may not crack firsts but be a leader off the field.
Expensive mentor….maybe he could medically retire and still play that same role. Have no doubt he’s popular and even inspirational amongst the playing group.

R-15-3

Juniors
Expensive mentor….maybe he could medically retire and still play that same role. Have no doubt he’s popular and even inspirational amongst the playing group.
My opinion is they are treading lightly to please him and not force it on him and hope he feels the love and realise his body isn’t up to it.
I know it’s been talked about before but can’t remember if there is a time frame on needs to be included in the salary cap or not.
If it can be any time then I assume after a few weeks back training under Fitz he may go the medical retirement road. Just hope that’s not to long to cost us full salary cap weight.
Love the bloke but 1000/1 to get any min next year. But if it’s the price we pay for having him so be it.

Latest posts