What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

Kilkenny

Coach

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The difference between 2003 and 2021 is purely social media.

No social media to speak of in 2003 hence the celebrations which where just as intense went largely unreported.

Yep like Gower and Girds hailing down a local busbehavi demanding they be taken out to the Peach Tree Hotel.

Of course the Bus driver happy to help.

Interesting too how quickly some forgot celebrations of 2020.

Surely this is disrespecting the Proven Summons trophy too.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Yep like Gower and Girds hailing down a local busbehavi demanding they be taken out to the Peach Tree Hotel.

Of course the Bus driver happy to help.

Interesting too how quickly some forgot celebrations of 2020.

Surely this is disrespecting the Proven Summons trophy too.
Sure is but snorting coke seems to be less of a problem to NRL

Munky

Coach

I don’t think I will ever get tired of watching Crichton intercept that pass and race away for the match winning try!

what a bad decision it was to move Crichton to the wing 😁

I said elsewhere it is the first time that Ivan shitting himself and doing a late season positional change paid off.

The intercept vs the Eels, Storm try and GF clincher were all match defining plays.

Crashtest

Juniors
I said elsewhere it is the first time that Ivan shitting himself and doing a late season positional change paid off.

The intercept vs the Eels, Storm try and GF clincher were all match defining plays.

It’s not Ivan shitting himself though. It was just good coaching.

We needed to fix a problem before the finals started, and his solution, despite what some thought was shit, proved to be a decisive factor in us winning the premiership.

Panther_Platz

Juniors

I felt the same way when watching that video a couple nights back, and felt a little bad to be focusing on his moments so much knowing that all those games were littered with unbelievable plays and clutch moments by the entire team, but sure as sh*t those Crichton plays are really etched in my memory.

I found experiencing that finals series so nerve-wracking, that it was a little hard to appreciate in the moment of it all at times. The sweet thing however with the journey the boys took to overall victory is, it will grow in appreciation (already is) and amazement, the more time passes to allow reflection. Montage vids like that certainly help! :)

Black Diamond

Juniors
I felt the same way when watching that video a couple nights back, and felt a little bad to be focusing on his moments so much knowing that all those games were littered with unbelievable plays and clutch moments by the entire team, but sure as sh*t those Crichton plays are really etched in my memory.

I found experiencing that finals series so nerve-wracking, that it was a little hard to appreciate in the moment of it all at times. The sweet thing however with the journey the boys took to overall victory is, it will grow in appreciation (already is) and amazement, the more time passes to allow reflection. Montage vids like that certainly help! :)
Yes agree, was so stressful the days leading up to each of these games and the actual games were soooo nerve racking, I just wanted the game to be over when watching. So good to sit and watch these games in a calm state, tbey were truly inspirational.

The_Frog

First Grade
It’s not Ivan shitting himself though. It was just good coaching.

We needed to fix a problem before the finals started, and his solution, despite what some thought was shit, proved to be a decisive factor in us winning the premiership.
Seems to me this was when he decided that defence was our best chance to beat the Storm and thus win the premiership. To this end Momirovski had to be brought in, and Staines taken out.

murraymob

First Grade
I have waited chef the fox replay 20 times today was the first time. I have watched the nine coverage of the game.at the end they showed shots of Fittler jumping up and down at the siren.there is no doubt he still is a penrith boy at heart .just quietly the nine coverage was average compared to fox .apart from ray warren they have nothing

DinkyDi

Juniors
Hopefully, Kent, and the others, will apologize?

Attachments

• 246330664_10158495393862666_1864414289707242382_n.jpg
    246330664_10158495393862666_1864414289707242382_n.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 246111439_10158495393872666_6369505175523009255_n.jpg
    246111439_10158495393872666_6369505175523009255_n.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 246013576_10223244478552846_4651177947823121115_n.jpg
    246013576_10223244478552846_4651177947823121115_n.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 50

Crashtest

Juniors
Kent, aka K**t has been bagging the Panthers out for years, maybe it is time to hold him accountable for his slander?

Im not sure it’s worth flaming up the story any further though.

I think this measured response from Ivan says it all:

Speaking for the first time since the premiership win, Panthers coach Ivan Cleary said his side’s culture should not be judged by a broken trophy and misguided Instagram post.

“None of us have ever won a competition so it is all new to us,” Cleary said.

“And yes, the jubilation of the achievement and the celebration may have led to some misguided social media posts. But I can tell you that we certainly did not intend to disrespect anyone. It is not what we are about.

“I think that anyone that meets them knows that they are quality people.”

“I can’t tell you how much good feedback we have had from our time in Queensland. Our boys have interacted with so many people in the community and left a positive mark.

“The boys did a six-hour plus signing session a day after Mad Monday and did it wearing a smile.

“Yes, a couple of social media posts came out the wrong way but if that is the biggest problem we have then I am OK with it. I don’t want people thinking these boys are arrogant because it is far from the truth.”

Latest posts