What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

SneakyEel

Juniors
Would he replace Lane in the back row?
Oates should have never played in the back row, it was a mistake to ever play him there. He's an origin winger, saw glimpses of his talent at the back end of this year. I think he's a victim of confidence issues and lack of good halves. Put him in our side and could be a real strike weapon for us.

TheRam

Coach
Did you say the same about Storm?

Who remembers mate, but I always rated the Storm almost from the start due to their great recruitment and then the extra leg up after teams like the Mariners gave them players like Kimmorely. Back then I actually liked Melbourne and wanted to see them succeed for the games sake. Now I hate what they did to us and hate what Bellamy has made them stand for. Unfortunately we need them to be successful for the games sake, but I would love to see them perennial wooden spoon contenders for a few years for what they have done. But like I said the game would lose a lot of interest from the southern State and the game would find it even harder to develop Victorians into players and watchers of our game. We haven't made hay while the sun shines in that part of the world and now if the Storm were to falter, so would a big chunk of the game.

Anyway the circumstances are way different now in 2021 though and every team is weaker then at the turn of the centaury and the availability of quality players is at a premium. The new franchise will not get anywhere near the overall calibre of player the Storm were afforded back then.

If and when they do it(premiership) they will need to do it with a home grown setup that has taken a while to develop like all the rest of us. Very hard to now just buy a premiership. Even the Roosters and Storm need to bring in kids that they then have to nurture and educate into being top flight NRL players. It all takes time, but if you do it right and keep doing it, success is constant and continual and you will eventually jag a premiership or two.

TheRam

Coach
Oates should have never played in the back row, it was a mistake to ever play him there. He's an origin winger, saw glimpses of his talent at the back end of this year. I think he's a victim of confidence issues and lack of good halves. Put him in our side and could be a real strike weapon for us.

He would be another Fergo type of player. Rocks or diamonds.

SneakyEel

Juniors
I've seen worse. A misguided youth who loves a bit of knuckle. I'd give him a go on the basis of him whacking Dylan Walker a few years back.
Your exactly right most footy players around that age bracket get into trouble, it comes with the elevated status. People know who you are and are more likely to be caught. Social media is also the main reason, back in the 80s we had no idea what the players got up too you only hear rumours or stories.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He probably can't handle the drink, but he's not Robinson Crusoe there. That doesn't make him a low human.
Firstly if he can’t handle the drink and can’t give it up for the sake his career he’s a f**king idiot and not worth signing. Secondly he’s done shit just not on the drink. There were a lot of people who were pretty happy when he got done by the cops on Australia Day last year. He’s burnt a lot of bridges I’m gunna stick with he’s a low human.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Firstly if he can’t handle the drink and can’t give it up for the sake his career he’s a f**king idiot and not worth signing. Secondly he’s done shit just not on the drink. There were a lot of people who were pretty happy when he got done by the cops on Australia Day last year. He’s burnt a lot of bridges I’m gunna stick with he’s a low human.
I'm gunna stick to dumb merkin who is worth another chance.
The risk to our culture for starters, Bellamy has a pretty good track record of letting players go and he barely put up a fight. Pardon the pun.
Our culture wasn't harmed by Danny Wicks, Manu Mau or Blake Ferguson. It was by Jarryd Hayne though.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
How many from the above besides him, Murray, Garrick and Cleary have made it? I can’t recognise the rest.
Ryan Papenschnauzer is there. Also one of the Brailey bros. Adam Keigran is standing behind Cleary. Ray Stone was in the team but I'm not sure which one he is.

Gronk

Staff member
How many from the above besides him, Murray, Garrick and Cleary have made it? I can’t recognise the rest.

STATE
NAMESCHOOL
1NSWCIS 1Ryan PapenhuyzenOak Hill College, Castle Hill
2QLD 3Tyronne Roberts-DavisKeebra Park State High School, Gold Coast
3NSWCHS 3Curtis ScottEndeavour Sports High School, Caringbah
4NSWCHS 14Reuben GarrickKiama High School, Kiama
5CHS 2Tre WilliamsKarabar High School, Queanbeyan
6NSWCCC 6Nathan ClearySt Dominics College, Kingswood
7NSWCHS 15 Scott DrinkwaterTerrigal High School, Terrigal
8NSWCHS 10 Jye ChallenorWestfields Sports High School, Fairfield
9NSWCCC 9Blayke BraileyAquinas Catholic College, Menai
10NSWCCC 10Jayden ButterfieldAll Saints College St Marys Campus, Maitland