What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Blade23

Juniors
Api's manager reached out to the Tigers, not the other way round. He is trying to drum up interest.

Kilkenny

Coach
Api's manager reached out to the Tigers, not the other way round. He is trying to drum up interest.
No idea what we currently pay Api, not sure we should be breaking the bank to retain him given his age, he’s not old, By any means, but still 29 at start of next season. Maybe a player swap for Liddle could work for us.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is kind off understandable Api is looking at one last big pay day, perhaps 3-4 year deal on money in excess of his current deal.

Im not sure we can provide him such a deal. It would be a risk in my opinion.

Kilkenny

Coach
Who wouldn't want to join Tigers after a grand final win?

They pay overs and you get an extra months holiday each year.
I agree, but I assume given his situation it is all about the pay day, can’t blame him.

Also given his off field dalliances he may need the additional income if his relationship doesn’t end well.

Kilkenny

Coach
Given Matt Burton is leaving I wonder whether we may be interested in the unwanted Curtis Scott?

Troubled I know, flawed certainly, but low risk given it is widely reported he is desperate to reestablish himself as an NRL player. Reportedly willing to take a huge pay cut.

I kind of know what the response will be to this suggestion, but may not be as silly as it sounds at the right price.

mxlegend99

Referee
Given Matt Burton is leaving I wonder whether we may be interested in the unwanted Curtis Scott?

Troubled I know, flawed certainly, but low risk given it is widely reported he is desperate to reestablish himself as an NRL player. Reportedly willing to take a huge pay cut.

I kind of know what the response will be to this suggestion, but may not be as silly as it sounds at the right price.
No thanks .

The media are desperate to slam us for anything. Signing blokes who attract negative attention like Scott or Elliott would be a terrible decision IMO.

I rate our depth ahead of both anyway.

Kilkenny

Coach
No thanks .

The media are desperate to slam us for anything. Signing blokes who attract negative attention like Scott or Elliott would be a terrible decision IMO.

I rate our depth ahead of both anyway.
Your probably right.

The guy I played golf with today, a life member, don’t know him from a bar of soap, never played with him before, but having a few beers after the game he suggested we had spoken to his manager. I didn’t respond but he seemed to have an idea around his discussions around our club. At the very least he suggested we are actively in the market pursuing another outside back for depth.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Nathan
Yeo
Api

That's our 3 most important players, while we need to be careful not to pay too much Api is very high priority.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
How long and how much that is the question.

Would you entertain a swap deal for 24 year old Jacob Liddle on less money on a two year deal say.

What is he like as a hooker ? Age wise could be great, skill wise though. What do others think. Could he potentially be another Mom, playing in a good team ?

murraymob

Coach
Well done to the club .if players want more than we offer let them go.we have the core group wrapped up .our window will be the next 4 years if we don’t overpay

Debt Clock

Juniors
How long and how much that is the question.

Would you entertain a swap deal for 24 year old Jacob Liddle on less money on a two year deal say.
No he has already had two ACL knee reconstructions, No Thanks……maybe their other young hooker, I can’t remember his name but comes from Queensland.