What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Premiers in the last 16 years?

Iamback

Coach
Yet they weren't as they were found to be cheating. As such it is not worth speculating about as the team is null and void for that reason.

If you are rating the premiers in comparision to others then need to know they were the best side that year. It is a guess to say they were

Jono078

Referee
Not wanting to take this thread off-topic but I've uploaded my next what if video.

Does Cameron Storm playing on this year prevent the Panthers from winning their premiership?

Different rules - different game. Hard to compare.

this. To throw our 2005 team in the mix, under the 2021 rules we would probably be able to knock off most premiership winners (Farah, Prince and Benji sniffing around lightning fast play the balls in their prime), however we would get lapped by a lot of premiership winners during peak Wrestlemania years.

Dodgy

Juniors
I'd like to get caught up in the conversation of speculation. But I've just found living in the simulation of reality where Penrith are premiers no matter what so much more satisfying.

I reckon the Bulldogs would've lost the GF to Penrith had Burton moved over to them early in the season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not wanting to take this thread off-topic but I've uploaded my next what if video.

Does Cameron Storm playing on this year prevent the Panthers from winning their premiership?

Probably more fun to speculate that if we didnt have HIA's would Storm have won with Smith and Welch out there in the prelim, all be it a bit wobbly?

Someone2

Juniors
I think we can all agree the 05 Bradburys are the worst and most undeserving premiers

got lucky the 2big dogs didn’t show up in the prelims

Jono078

Referee
Lot of Panthers fans here and I know I've probably had the most interactions with Panthers fans on here in regards to my simulator.

So... Would a prime Andrew Johns ruin their 2021 premiership run?

Munky

Coach
I think we can all agree the 05 Bradburys are the worst and most undeserving premiers

got lucky the 2big dogs didn’t show up in the prelims

Lol the Tigpies put up a ridiculous for and against in the finals.

Just like Parra in the prelim that year.

Lot of Panthers fans here and I know I've probably had the most interactions with Panthers fans on here in regards to my simulator.

Interesting video Jono; John’s was a great footballer.

Seems like your simulators generally have the premiers losing in the first week of the finals.

Jono078

Referee
Interesting video Jono; John’s was a great footballer.

Seems like your simulators generally have the premiers losing in the first week of the finals.
I definitely noticed this too and I can assure you it’s just coincidence each time I’ve recorded these videos. Many other simulations the Panthers just steamroll their way through.

Also I think in this video the Knights definitely overachieved.

soc123_au

Staff member

At least in your version Parra fans aren't whinging about the trainers stopping play in week 2. Ha ha