What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

gordsy

Juniors
I can't say I'm shocked to read a stack of footy players support May. As I said when I think of sex offenders I think of pedos and rapists but maybe that's just me. Either way he is a merkin of a bloke. Hopefully he gets what he's owed very soon.
Also , just read he is dating Clearys daughter. Can't wait to see Ivan and Nathan's face when it's home movie night. Maybe then they might sing a different tune...

Last edited:
I can't say I'm shocked to read a stack of footy players support May. As I said when I think of sex offenders I think of pedos and rapists but maybe that's just me. Either way he is a merkin of a bloke. Hopefully he gets what he's owed very soon.
Also , just read he is dating Clearys daughter. Can't wait to see Ivan and Nathan's face when it's home movie night. Maybe then they might sing a different tune...
The aggravating feature is that the Panthers club stayed silent about Mays recent conduct.

They are in still in hiding.

The opportunity for them to condemn May and distance themselves from him wasn’t taken and isn't a matter they seem to care about even today.

This seems to be against the wishes of their fans, who I don’t have personal issues with except when they get personally abusive.

And if they turn around and splutter out something now, it looks contrived and brought about external pressure- and not because of any actual care or sympathy for the young lady.

Shes a mess now, on medications and counselling. His recent outburst seems to have hurt her again. That’s what she said yesterday.

They appear to be a cowardly lot the Panther board and senior management who have supported this. They have abrogated their social responsibility and let women down. All their pro women statements from now on are laughable and will sound insincere.

They are more interested salivating over their treasure.

They are banking on people forgetting, but that’s not happening. The next thing to focus interest in it will be the nrls findings on it.

Even young Laurie, what 22 or something, he understood his responsibilities to us and apologised.

Why don’t the Penrith Panthers understand their responsibilities?

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
FWIW I believe @The Silverdale Phantom

He’s never tried to big note himself and from what I saw was just passing on info as it came.

Just because it looks like he’s not coming here now doesn’t mean it wasn’t in the works. I still remember reading Paul Sironens book where he agreed to joint Cronulla. Had shaken hands on the deal with them and him and his wife were had started looking at houses on the beach. Then he had a last minute change of heart and stayed with Balmain.

Offers, deals, circumstances etc change all the time. I don’t rate Elliot so glad we didn’t get him but I’m happy for any info to get passed through posters on here.

Nealo 12

Bench
Awwwe no.... my Lols at this thread may come to an end that is what I will miss the most from this tool.
Thanks for the input TSP I'm sure you can invent another way of attention seeking on the forum like the Penrith Covid one and the Eels game day against us and the Souffs GF attack and etc etc LOL its absolutely fantastic how you back a loser 😂

stryker

First Grade
…Then I’m glad you’ve got my back!
It’s not about having your back.
Go back through this thread. I’ll be one of the first that called bullshit on this. I’m just staying consistent.
You put yourself out there and enjoyed the intrigue you created for many weeks. Nothing wrong with that, but there is inevitable backlash when it falls over. I’m sure you are aware of that.
Lets not forget also…you said there were TWO players coming….

It’s not about having your back.
Go back through this thread. I’ll be one of the first that called bullshit on this. I’m just staying consistent.
You put yourself out there and enjoyed the intrigue you created for many weeks. Nothing wrong with that, but there is inevitable backlash when it falls over. I’m sure you are aware of that.
Lets not forget also…you said there were TWO players coming….
See Vics comments about players. Gone in a blink of an eye.

Pull up too, you’re carrying on worse than a panther club official driving past a battered women’s refuge.

No news on the second player at all.

stryker

First Grade
I’m haven’t been carrying on. However…

You berated me 5/6 weeks back telling me to pull my head in, all these players we’re coming. I called bullshit then and call it now. This club is f**ked. No one is coming. We have no leadership to bring these young blokes through. They’ll either piss off to superior outfits or settle into long mediocre careers here just like their peers before them. Meanwhile, we will continue to sign shit merkins that none else wants, because every single time there is opposition to one of our targets, we lose.
Our board are f**ked in the head clowns who don’t know football.
Our CEO is a flakey f**ken drongo who doesn’t know football.
Our recruitment department are weak twinkies.
Our coaching director is a man we f**ked off a decade ago and has done jack f**ken shit ever since. You claim he is autonomous and answers only to a group of f**kwits that he has already conned. Our coach is one dimensional and getting worse every year.
Our playing group are as weak as piss, rudderless and at times cowardly.
Our assistant coaches, although terrible, have not been replaced yet and the media has it in for us, putting pressure on sponsorship dollars.
We still have no single home ground, no identity and no ideas. We also have good junior teams that players are already leaving.

NOW I’m carrying on.

Last edited:
I’m haven’t been carrying on. However…

You berated me 5/6 weeks back telling me to pull my head in, all these players we’re coming. I called bullshit then and call it now. This club is f**ked. No one is coming. We have no leadership to bring these young blokes through. They’ll either piss off to superior outfits or settle into long mediocre careers here just like their peers before them. Meanwhile, we will continue to sign shit merkins that none else wants, because every single time there is opposition to one of our targets, we lose.
Our coaching director a man we f**ken off a decade ago and has done jack f**ken shit ever since, who you claim is autonomous and answers only to a group of f**kwits that he has already conned. Our coach is one dimensional and getting worse every year.
Our playing group are weak as piss, rudderless and at times cowardly.
Our assistant coaches, although terrible, have not been replaced yet and the media has it in for us, putting pressure on sponsorship dollars.
We still have no single home ground, no identity and no ideas. We also have good junior teams that players are already leaving.

NOW I’m carrying on.
Rome wasn’t built in a day.

The coach was half buried while still breathing, players sacked en mass, blood all over the club, the recruiter we headhunted is summarily executed without a fair trial and a new commander flown in from a foreign land, seemingly answerable only to himself in a role he’s self defining.

All things considered, for better or worse, Lee and the punk rocker have kept their promise of structural change.

If it fails fine, but until then- it’s more constructive to keep an open mind. All of this “mayhem” as you describe it, might actually work.For all we know, Madge and Tim might get on like a house on fire.

Theres no need to impute any bad feelings between them on the basis of responsibilities.

Otherwise, we know Madge isnt quite cutting it on his own. Tim on standby is better than a poke in the eye and a lot cheaper as you say.

My tip for assistant: Flanagan. He is being interviewed apparently.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
This club is f**ked. No one is coming. We have no leadership to bring these young blokes through. They’ll either piss off to superior outfits or settle into long mediocre careers here just like their peers before them. Meanwhile, we will continue to sign shit merkins that none else wants, because every single time there is opposition to one of our targets, we lose.
Our coaching director is a man we f**ked off a decade ago and has done jack f**ken shit ever since. You claim he is autonomous and answers only to a group of f**kwits that he has already conned. Our coach is one dimensional and getting worse every year.
Our playing group are as weak as piss, rudderless and at times cowardly.
Yeah ok...but apart from that we're in pretty good shape

WA Tiger

Bench
For all we know, Madge and Tim might get on like a house on fire.
There is zero chance of them getting on.. Madge will finally meet a brick wall in sheens that will see through all of his bluff and bluster. How long they can work together will be more the question. It won’t be a 2 way conversation. Imo .

Tigerm

First Grade
There is zero chance of them getting on.. Madge will finally meet a brick wall in sheens that will see through all of his bluff and bluster. How long they can work together will be more the question. It won’t be a 2 way conversation. Imo .
Don't know about that? They go way back to there time at Canberra together, I think they are mates, otherwise Madge would've been gone in the review process?

WA Tiger

Bench
They've been best mates for years. They won't fall out. It'll be a dynasty.
Slightly different situation now…Madge is the head coach he has done nothing in 3 years and Sheens is here to cut out the rot. Not to be head coach.Sheens brief: Stick with Madge as long as you think he’s the guy and as long as u think he can get results..if u decide otherwise fine, move him on..

Last edited:

Latest posts