What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MrBlack

Juniors
One out of left field, if Tigers want Api maybe we could swap him for Luke Brooks????

Can anyone see Brooks at hooker???

He cant be on that much right now, maybe $500k???

Just a thought.

Whino

Bench

The Mole: Unease as salary cap pressures start to bite at Penrith Panthers​

The manager of Api Koroisau wants to meet with Penrith to clear the air over rumours regarding the star hooker's future.

Wide World of Sports has been told that at least two clubs have been told that the Panthers may not be keeping Koroisau when his contract finishes at the end of next season.

The Panthers want to retain the premiership-winning hooker, but have massive salary cap issues looming with all their young grand final squad seeking upgrades.

"Api loves it at Penrith and wants to stay but all of a sudden these rumours about his future have started," his manager Giancarlo Lombardo told Wide World of Sports.

"He is on holidays and knows nothing about it but I want to talk to Penrith to see where things stand.

"He can talk to rival clubs from November 1 about 2023 so we need to know where things stand."

Blade23

Juniors

The Mole: Unease as salary cap pressures start to bite at Penrith Panthers​

The manager of Api Koroisau wants to meet with Penrith to clear the air over rumours regarding the star hooker's future.

Wide World of Sports has been told that at least two clubs have been told that the Panthers may not be keeping Koroisau when his contract finishes at the end of next season.

The Panthers want to retain the premiership-winning hooker, but have massive salary cap issues looming with all their young grand final squad seeking upgrades.

"Api loves it at Penrith and wants to stay but all of a sudden these rumours about his future have started," his manager Giancarlo Lombardo told Wide World of Sports.

"He is on holidays and knows nothing about it but I want to talk to Penrith to see where things stand.

"He can talk to rival clubs from November 1 about 2023 so we need to know where things stand."

That is a joke. Most of the rumours have been started by his manager. Got the shits Leota, Edwards and Kikau are ahead of him in the pecking order. That is the manager who has the shits, not the player.

As I said a few weeks back we can keep Edwards (announcement soon) Kikau, and Api. Even with modest increases. If we are forced to pay slight overs we may lose a Staines or Leniu.
It is the silly season. Expect more BS.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That is a joke. Most of the rumours have been started by his manager. Got the shits Leota, Edwards and Kikau are ahead of him in the pecking order. That is the manager who has the shits, not the player.

As I said a few weeks back we can keep Edwards (announcement soon) Kikau, and Api. Even with modest increases. If we are forced to pay slight overs we may lose a Staines or Leniu.

and as we all well know News corp are very happy to drag out the negative stories, stories that involve socio economic bias against the area and the players.

Actually Fairfax i(Webster I'm looking at you) sn't far behind either. That's what so disappointing about the NRL. com digital arm being phrased out.

I hope that Penrith are willing to bite down on the mouth guard give their media presence to newspapers like the Western Weekender, and use their own digital stories. Because some of the rubbish actually being 'peddled' out is nothing short of luaghable.

Whino

Bench
and as we all well know News corp are very happy to drag out the negative stories, stories that involve socio economic bias against the area and the players.

Actually Fairfax i(Webster I'm looking at you) sn't far behind either. That's what so disappointing about the NRL. com digital arm being phrased out.

I hope that Penrith are willing to bite down on the mouth guard give their media presence to newspapers like the Western Weekender, and use their own digital stories. Because some of the rubbish actually being 'peddled' out is nothing short of luaghable.

With NRL digital arm being phased out, Fox and Nine can get stuffed if they think I will be going to their sites. Partially the Telegraph. I wouldn't pay to read an article or watch a video by those lying, agenda-driven, negative idiots.

Kilkenny

Coach
If Api Koroisau sees out his current deal deal he will be 30 at end of next season.

It just wouldn’t make sense giving him a two or three year extension on increased money given his age.

By all means keep him next season, but I would be looking at other options beyond 2022, time to move on.

Kilkenny

Coach

Personally, I hope we don’t lose Spencer, he will surely come on leaps and bounds in the coming seasons.

Smug Panther

First Grade
This move would show Ivan is smart enough to know we'll never win a comp again that way. Can't carry a centre who won't pass

Kilkenny

Coach
Seriously, it‘s not just us struggling to put together a squad to comply with the salary cap.

I just don’t see too many sides who have too much money left to spend. Raiders, Tigers, Cowboys, Sea Eagles have some cap space, but everyone else has pretty much done there business already for next season. The new side in the Dolphins will obviously be actively pursuing players so there are options there for players.

I’m very surprised Leota and Edwards would be ahead of Apisai in the pecking order.

Whino

Bench

Wasn't it reported just a couple weeks ago he was close to extending with us?

Yes, Fletcher did an interview after the GF and said along the lines Moma would be someone the club would be keeping long-term. Maybe his asking too much? or he is the one to make way for the re-signings.
I would rather lose him than Spencer or Staines.