What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

mxlegend99

Referee
It was a reference to the fella who suggested it was all ok and not an issue cos the players pulled it apart with a spanner, lad.

Anyway, it clearly wasn't even the players. Which is why they've been sanctioned for it.
They weren't sanctioned for destroying the trophy. The media try to spin it so it looks like that's the case with their headlines

“The Notice alleges the Premiership Trophy was damaged at a Club Awards night and although not personally responsible for the damage, the players subsequently treated the Trophy in a manner which showed disrespect towards the individuals depicted in the iconic moment memorialised on the Trophy,” the NRL said in a statement.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ty...g-stood-down-by-panthers-20211019-p591ag.html

Because they had to be punished for something once the NRL discovered they didn't actually break the trophy themselves. Nevermind the media running the same recycled claims they destroyed it for a week and then going all quiet until they had something negative to post again.

Funnily enough when Brandon Smith and Melbourne Storm were treating the trophy the same way 12 months ago the media loved it and everyone thought they were awesome for it. The media spin the stories how they want and the NRL react.

The_Frog

First Grade
Congratulations for the dumbest series of posts of 2021 so far.

Yes, an NRL club should sack a man for a crime committed seven years prior to his signing with them.

A fair effort from a man who uses the word surfeit on a rugby league forum.
I guess I should apologise for using a word of more than one syllable in a previous account about three years ago. Your memory is much better than your command of English.

Manu got out of the pokey in 2009 and joined Parra in 2013. Your arithmetic aint that great either. And I couldn't give a damn anyway, its just that your mate Witty is a bit selective in his outrage. I guess the two of you must have jigged school together (less grubbier?)

Surfeit was one of the Moose's favourite words. He was big on contretemps as well. Be thankful I don't use that.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
That chest beating 15 minutes of fame from May in the GF makes me laugh when the highlight was his dropping the ball 15 meters out.
His form wasn't great this year, in fact it hasn't been great since he came back last year. Came back early from a MCL tear when the club had no-one else. He needs to leave this shit behind him wherever he plays. I still think theres a pretty useful utility in there.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
From his Wikipedia page:
Spent 6 seasons at the Eels subsequent to this.
Ma'u was an original member of Auckland's Roskill South-based "JDK", one of the many street gangs in New Zealand.[3] In 2007, after one of the gang was stabbed during an altercation, the gang gatecrashed a 21st birthday party in an alcohol-fuelled quest for vengeance, found the alleged perpetrators and "unleashed hell".[3] Two months later, Maʻu was arrested along with his brother, Semisi, and later sentenced to three years in prison for his part in the brawl.
You're suggesting they should have dropped him (?) for something that occured 7 years prior to him playing for the club - 4 years after he got out of prison? This is a batshit crazy comparison 🤣

soc123_au

Staff member
You're suggesting they should have dropped him (?) for something that occured 7 years prior to him playing for the club - 4 years after he got out of prison? This is a batshit crazy comparison 🤣
It was a reaction from the constant trolling from the likes of Witty Fan, Silverdale Phantom etc over something May plead guilty to nearly 2 years ago. What's the time line for moving on? More than 2 years but less than 4?

I know it's just trolls being trolls, but it's been beyond silly the past few weeks. Providing examples of other clubs employing convicted criminals, trophy breakers, trophy nursers etc is to be expected.

May was an A grade potato thinking his post gf insta update was a good idea, but I think that anyone thinking it was all about the sex tape thing are in the same potato territory. Dumb as dogshit to post something like that with his history, but I would be confident in saying that the post in his mind was more about his life as whole. The problem lies in how people perceive it, and that was his mistake in this case.

Personally I think he is a wanker and I'd be happy to see the back of him. But a lot of the dribble posted here and in the media regarding him is way over the top.

The_Frog

First Grade
So what you're saying is there is a point where the past should be left behind, and its somewhere between two and four years. I know you didn't say the past should not be left behind for Tyrone May, but you are supporting someone who did.

You also conveniently disregard the fact that they were trying to get him to play for them for a long time before it finally happened.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was a reaction from the constant trolling from the likes of Witty Fan, Silverdale Phantom etc over something May plead guilty to nearly 2 years ago. What's the time line for moving on? More than 2 years but less than 4?

I know it's just trolls being trolls, but it's been beyond silly the past few weeks. Providing examples of other clubs employing convicted criminals, trophy breakers, trophy nursers etc is to be expected.

May was an A grade potato thinking his post gf insta update was a good idea, but I think that anyone thinking it was all about the sex tape thing are in the same potato territory. Dumb as dogshit to post something like that with his history, but I would be confident in saying that the post in his mind was more about his life as whole. The problem lies in how people perceive it, and that was his mistake in this case.

Personally I think he is a wanker and I'd be happy to see the back of him. But a lot of the dribble posted here and in the media regarding him is way over the top.
You kinda answered your opening para in your third.

May himself brought it up with his dumb as dogshit insta post. He's the one who dug it up.

Bringing Ma'u into it is tit-for-tat bs and you know it

soc123_au

Staff member
You kinda answered your opening para in your third.

May himself brought it up with his dumb as dogshit insta post. He's the one who dug it up.

Bringing Ma'u into it is tit-for-tat bs and you know it
Absolutely it's tit for tat bs, no argument there. There also has to be a tit for a tat to follow. I've got no issue with people having an opinion on ex crims in the game, but to call out one club (To be clear, I'm talking about the people having a go at the club, not May personally) for it to the extent we have seen here yet defend or ignore their own clubs policies on such matters is fair enough to warrant a response. My personal opinion is in cases like May, Ma'u, Packer, BJ Leilua and Wicks is they have served their court appointed punishments and should be free to carry on with their lives. Lodge not so much.

The third paragraph also gave my thoughts on Mays intent with his post. Stupid and insensitive sure, having a go at the victim and courts? I dont think so. There were 3 other pics in his post that support it referenced more than one part of his life. I'm also of the opinion that a reaction to it is fine, I just think it's been somewhat over blown.

I agree with this 100%. Don’t want to see him out of the game, just prefer he wasn’t playing with Penrith. Plenty of clubs out there that don’t seem to have any problems (or get grief from opposition fans) for employing ex-cons.

Bazal

Post Whore
I agree with this 100%. Don’t want to see him out of the game, just prefer he wasn’t playing with Penrith. Plenty of clubs out there that don’t seem to have any problems (or get grief from opposition fans) for employing ex-cons.

I don't disagree and as always I consider there to be a massive difference between the Flog and the average Penrith fan around here...but Manu Ma'u is about the most ridiculous example he could have used.

Actually I feel like old Froggy has a lot in common with Tyrone May.

Anyway it's all pretty overblown. The trophy thing was careless. May's a f**kwit but there's plenty worse.

Someone2

Juniors
No one dismantled it. It was accidently bumped off a table by a female wanting to get a pic taken.
Hate how the panthers have thrown this poor girl under the bus
the big tough footy players couldn’t handle the abuse so theyve thrown a random fan under the bus

hopefully the trolls haven’t found this poor girls social media cause Id feel for her mental state.
I heard the club actually released a video showing her face knocking it over surely they couldn’t be that unprofessional?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Hate how the panthers have thrown this poor girl under the bus
the big tough footy players couldn’t handle the abuse so theyve thrown a random fan under the bus

hopefully the trolls haven’t found this poor girls social media cause Id feel for her mental state.
I heard the club actually released a video showing her face knocking it over surely they couldn’t be that unprofessional?
Never change Rhyno you legend 😂

Latest posts