What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Do you actually know about the attacks on him during his daily life, the abuse, the name calling, the bile. I don't. I'm sure it's been dreadful.

Does May deserve that for the rest of his life, what I've described above. To be continually hounded. Does May ever have the right of reply ?

I’m sure it would’ve sucked, but as long as it didn’t cross any legal lines he brought that abuse on himself.

He could’ve deleted his social media accounts to limit peoples access, he chose not to. I don’t have an ounce of sympathy for him, and I find it bizarre you go to such lengths to defend the cretin.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeah I understand that, however, if that was me, that would scare the living excrement out of me, and I would learn a lesson. That does not appear to be the case with May.

Do you know that for sure ? We have no idea about his level of remorse, or what he's attempting to do post the tapes.......

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I’m sure it would’ve sucked, but as long as it didn’t cross any legal lines he brought that abuse on himself.

He could’ve deleted his social media accounts to limit peoples access, he chose not to. I don’t have an ounce of sympathy for him, and I find it bizarre you go to such lengths to defend the cretin.

Yeah I believed he should have deleted or at least limited his social media after the tapes.

I don't like to see a person 'railroaded' that's all.

No one person is responsible for all the ills in a footy team, the world or even a family.

I don't like what he did. Never will.

I also believe in giving someone a fair go.

The_Frog

First Grade
No, Cleary didn’t clarify what it meant, he just denied it was linked to tape case.

And honestly Ivan’s words on Tyrone May are worth three fifths of stuff all.
Ivan is an important figure in this. I suspect Ivan can keep him in the club if he wants to, but it might cost him some credits. He must have a few after just winning the premiership.

Ivan is an important figure in this. I suspect Ivan can keep him in the club if he wants to, but it might cost him some credits. He must have a few after just winning the premiership.

As I mentioned earlier, if May is still under contract it makes it much easier to keep him, but announcing his re-signing is going to be more complicated.

Iamback

Coach

Ivan also would of had the chance to ask what was the go with said post

The moment the public whinge people get fined. Dylan Napa got fined for someone leaking his nudes. He did zero things wrong.

It’s not just the fine, the club itself is taking it quite seriously.

You’d have to suspend disbelief to buy that May wasn’t referring to his conviction and the issues surrounding it. There’s some real clutching at straws going on here.

So we believe those who haven't spoken to him then shall we?

We‘d be best hearing from May himself, so the sincerity of his words could be judged.

The NRL obviously spoke to May, and they decided to fine him. So it’s not as though people who haven’t spoken to May have sat in ultimate judgement.

Iamback

Coach
We‘d be best hearing from May himself, so the sincerity of his words could be judged.

The NRL obviously spoke to May, and they decided to fine him. So it’s not as though people who haven’t spoken to May have sat in ultimate judgement.

Not in all cases. JDB best to neither speak again given many have him guilty and believe anything he says.

Same here. He could cure cancer and still won't be enough

The wording was 'posting and being in social media posts' he and Kikau called each other n****r in one and I think he swore an instagram live with Luai. Hence the fine was in place

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

You’d have to suspend disbelief to buy that May wasn’t referring to his conviction and the issues surrounding it. There’s some real clutching at straws going on here.

and there is some real hand wringing going down too. About photos and song lyrics that the poster hasn't yet a chance to explain.

As I said earlier is May deemed to be always having abuse, threats (and I'm sure there has been plenty of those) for the rest of his life.

If that's the case bringing back public hangings and stonings.

Not in all cases. JDB best to neither speak again given many have him guilty and believe anything he says.

Same here. He could cure cancer and still won't be enough

The wording was 'posting and being in social media posts' he and Kikau called each other n****r in one and I think he swore an instagram live with Luai. Hence the fine was in place

they aren’t remotely similar. JDB can’t speak, his lawyers would’ve advised him to keep his mouth shut.

Tyrone May has no legal impediment to speaking about the Instagram post.

Iamback

Coach

The photo as him as a kid then? The fact he pled guilty? Hard to claim victim when you plead guilty.

There are several stories floating around from early in his career where he mentions couch surfing in NYC days. Ciraldo gave him a car due to a fight with his family, Gus was credited with getting him and family on speaking terms. Plenty of dirt which to grow from as per the lyrics.

Compare that post to the clear breaches others have done like Folau, the dumb ones supporting Hayne etc and it wasn't clear cut.

That said all the players should be banned from social media

Latest posts