What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

and there is some real hand wringing going down too. About photos and song lyrics that the poster hasn't yet a chance to explain.

As I said earlier is May deemed to be always having abuse, threats (and I'm sure there has been plenty of those) for the rest of his life.

If that's the case bringing back public hangings and stonings.

There’s stopping Tyrone May giving his side of the story. The Panthers fans deserve it at the very least.

The photo as him as a kid then? The fact he pled guilty? Hard to claim victim when you plead guilty.

There are several stories floating around from early in his career where he mentions couch surfing in NYC days. Ciraldo gave him a car due to a fight with his family, Gus was credited with getting him and family on speaking terms. Plenty of dirt which to grow from as per the lyrics.

Compare that post to the clear breaches others have done like Folau, the dumb ones supporting Hayne etc and it wasn't clear cut.

That said all the players should be banned from social media

Then come out and give a sincere explanation. There’s nothing stopping him.

Also it’s not just about this one post, it’s about a series of stuff ups. This is a a last straw situation.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There’s stopping Tyrone May giving his side of the story. The Panthers fans deserve it at the very least.

Herbert why should he have to. Why should he have to 'bare all' just to make folks like you feel happy about him wearing the club's jersey.

From what I saw when he presented his brother's jersey T May has had a difficult upbringing.

Why should all of this be laid out on a table like a Jerry Springer show. Just for folks to sift through and pass judgement. Everyone deserves an essence of privacy. Everyone.

That is beyond cruel.

Herbert why should he have to. Why should he have to 'bare all' just to make folks like you feel happy about him wearing the club's jersey.

From what I saw when he presented his brother's jersey T May has had a difficult upbringing.

Why should all of this be laid out on a table like a Jerry Springer show. Just for folks to sift through and pass judgement. Everyone deserves an essence of privacy. Everyone.

That is beyond cruel.

I will never be happy about him wearing the jersey, he’s a cretin. This isn’t about me, it’s about the club and the fans. He’s brought poor publicity on the club in the wake of winning the premiership, he owes people an explanation.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I will never be happy about him wearing the jersey, he’s a cretin. This isn’t about me, it’s about the club and the fans. He’s brought poor publicity on the club in the wake of winning the premiership, he owes people an explanation.

Do you know what the word 'cretin' actually means - beside an 'abusive term ?

it means 'a person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because congentical thyroid deficency'.

I don't believe he owes anyone an explanation except for his employers.

I also won't be going over all ground re explaining myself.

Iamback

Coach
Then come out and give a sincere explanation. There’s nothing stopping him.

Also it’s not just about this one post, it’s about a series of stuff ups. This is a a last straw situation.

for every person that thinks he is sincere. 2 will think it is forced or using a sob story to get people on side.

Best to just shut up and stay off social media as part of that

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I agree. I was in the camp in giving May another chance, especially after his tearful apology. When he tweeted what he did, to me, that shows a lack of understanding. May attempted to make himself out to be a victim, and he is not. He is fortunate that he was not given a custodial punishment.
If you look at what the average punter is sentenced too, it would have been ludicrous for a first time offender to get a custodial sentence for that charge. His punishment was harsh compared to what is usually dished out.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Personally, when I first read the message, I thought he was thanking the people that helped him through the “rough patch” and asking the people that continue to put shit on him, what they were going to say now..

The trouble is, because the message was so poorly written, he left it open to interpretation and the media went to town on him.

Extremely untidy, unnecessary and just plain stupid.

DinkyDi

Juniors
If you look at what the average punter is sentenced too, it would have been ludicrous for a first time offender to get a custodial sentence for that charge. His punishment was harsh compared to what is usually dished out.
Oh I agree, however, we both know that the judicial system is, at times, a joke.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The NRL is such a joke. How can they fine Cleary more than they fined Reece Walsh?

Walsh got a $5K fine for being arrested and being in possession of cocaine. Cleary gets a $7K fine for being disrespectful to a statue.
And no more disrespectful than the Melbourne storm were 12 months ago.

They made no apologies for "Bottle feeding" the statue live on Channel 9. Its an absolute joke.

DinkyDi

Juniors
The NRL is such a joke. How can they fine Cleary more than they fined Reece Walsh?

Walsh got a $5K fine for being arrested and being in possession of cocaine. Cleary gets a $7K fine for being disrespectful to a statue.

I believe, the fines were based on their salaries.

And no more disrespectful than the Melbourne storm were 12 months ago.

They made no apologies for "Bottle feeding" the statue live on Channel 9. Its an absolute joke.
Also, what the storm players, Smith, Munster, and the other player, whose name has escaped me, admitted cocaine use. The hatred towards our club is disappointing.

murraymob

First Grade
Well it appears mono has been the one asking for a release .strange you would think he found his home a starting position.if released we will be very thin in the centers

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Well it appears mono has been the one asking for a release .strange you would think he found his home a starting position.if released we will be very thin in the centers
I’m sceptical about this I’m not convinced this story is accurate, he seems pretty happy.

I can understand his management trying for more money or the Club shopping him around it relieve cap pressure.

I can’t see him being unhappy and wanting to throw away a starting position in the premiership winning back line

You're right...Momo was given the highest endorsements from Robinson...Bellamy and Maguire. It's not just about the talent...he plays every game like his next meal depends on it and he's an adult 24/7...he's a positive influence who moves a club's needle in the right direction. Wish him the best....you never know the extra little bit he might have contributed to your success this year.
He got us back in the game against Souths back in Round 23 and has shown his strengths in defence throughout the season, so yes you’re right. He is someone that has been a positive influence for our team. Plus he seems like a clean skin and is well liked by others in team and respected by those who know a thing or two about coaching that you’ve mentioned.

I think the fear is who will replace him? Do we have someone that is as good as, or better than, Moms? Tago has been mentioned and, from first impressions in his limited time in first grade, he looks the goods. However, he is still largely untested.

It will be an interesting time when the pre-season starts to see how the Centre structure looks post-Burton and, possibly, post-Moms. Crichton will obviously have one spot sewn up with Tago looking like the other obvious choice. The depth will be a worry.

Iamback

Coach
Personally, when I first read the message, I thought he was thanking the people that helped him through the “rough patch” and asking the people that continue to put shit on him, what they were going to say now..

The trouble is, because the message was so poorly written, he left it open to interpretation and the media went to town on him.

Extremely untidy, unnecessary and just plain stupid.

Nailed it