What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Rusty penny great little brewery you should get out more past your letter box .penrith is thriving and expanding great city to be part off
I’m always loading up the ammo and tromping into Penrith you know that. Lots of friends in the area.

Sydney’s Western Suburbs is my oyster.

Theres a rumour we have a harbour in the city somewhere and a big bridge especially built for firework displays.

And once, one of my kids asked me if we could visit that country that had a strange white spikey building near some tall buildings.

I said we’d discuss it after she finished her night shift at the factory.

Last edited:

murraymob

First Grade
I’m always loading up the ammo and tromping into Penrith you know that. Lots of friends in the area.

Sydney’s Western Suburbs is my oyster.

Theres a rumour we have a harbour in the city somewhere and a big bridge especially built for firework displays.

And once, one of my kids asked me if we could visit that country that had a strange white spikey building near some tall buildings.

I said we’d discuss it after she finished her night shift at the factory.
We have lakes river and 2 bridges a few whizzes and crackers have been let fire off the bridges.tell your kids save there money on the over rated city come to panthers land live life lol

We have lakes river and 2 bridges a few whizzes and crackers have been let fire off the bridges.tell your kids save there money on the over rated city come to panthers land live life lol
I will when the cases of ammo arrive and the rocket launcher comes back from the mechanics. Just the latest ANCAP approved safety features for Western Sydney driving Conditions.

You don’t want to break down on the Mulgoa Road waiting for the NRMA without a spare 300 rounds and back up.

As you know, i like our chunk of Australia, it’s living the dream. West is Best.

We roll thu those Tidy Towns on driving holidays and it’s a good place to dump the KFC rubbish onto the road (doing 65 in a 50 zone) because you know 25 locals are chomping at the bit to pick it up.

Queensland is the best for terrorising locals while on holidays. You are in command of everything you see.

Last edited:

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Someone to keep an eye on.

Ron Massey Cup: Wentworthville Magpies’ Filia Utoikamanu awarded Rookie of the Year​

NRL star Stefano Utoikamanu’s older brother Filia arguably was the stronger prospect in the junior ranks before a devastating injury cruelled his career. Now, he is back as a rookie wreaking havoc.
As Wests Tigers boom rookie Stefano Utoikamanu was handed his first NSW Blues tracksuit after being selected in an extended squad, older brother Filia was sprinting from the train station in his fluoros to midweek training sessions for the Wentworthville Magpies.
In the Parramatta junior system the Utoikamanu brothers were turning heads, rising through the ranks with high hopes of making their name in the NRL.

Filia Utoikamanu playing for Wentworthville Magpies. Picture: JV Imagery

Utoikamanu was awarded 2021 Rookie of the Year. Picture: JV Imagery

Filia had even caught the eye of Brad Fittler when he took the field alongside Payne Haas, Zac Lomax and Joshua Curran for the NSW under-18 team in 2017, with the current NSW Blues coach describing the older Utoikamanu as a “very strong player”.

Some good judges say Filia had more promise than his younger brother Stefano, who had a breakout year as a middle forward with Wests Tigers this season.

Just months after representing the junior Blues everything changed with Filia suffering a serious neck injury in a lower grade match. Doctors initially feared the promising football could be paralysed, which thankfully wasn’t the case, however he was told he couldn’t play rugby league again.

Utoikamanu in hospital in 2017.

Four years on, Filia is once more turning heads with Ron Massey Cup outfit Wentworthville Magpies after he walked into pre-season training following a mate’s recommendation to head coach Brett Cook.

“One of the boys asked me if he could bring his mate down,” Cook said. “I had no idea who it was at the time but he asked me and said he plays back row and this and that.

“After the first trial he was a bit out of condition, obviously being so long out of the game, but for someone who is big and hasn’t done as much training over the past few years he kept finding ways to push himself through situations.

“We knew straight away we were on to a good thing.”

Cook said when he heard about Filia’s injury history he spoke to the powerhouse forward to check he was medically cleared to play, but his performances during the Covid-affected season left those watching in no doubt.

Younger brother Stefano Utoikamanu. Picture: NRL Photos

The powerful athlete was capable of feats on the field many of his teammates weren’t, with one example being a barnstorming try where he regathered his team’s kick-off before skittling a number of would-be defenders to score.

Cook said Filia’s attitude and commitment were sensational.

The young forward will return to the Wentworthville Magpies for the 2022 season.

hsvjones123

Juniors
Someone to keep an eye on.

Ron Massey Cup: Wentworthville Magpies’ Filia Utoikamanu awarded Rookie of the Year​

NRL star Stefano Utoikamanu’s older brother Filia arguably was the stronger prospect in the junior ranks before a devastating injury cruelled his career. Now, he is back as a rookie wreaking havoc.
As Wests Tigers boom rookie Stefano Utoikamanu was handed his first NSW Blues tracksuit after being selected in an extended squad, older brother Filia was sprinting from the train station in his fluoros to midweek training sessions for the Wentworthville Magpies.
In the Parramatta junior system the Utoikamanu brothers were turning heads, rising through the ranks with high hopes of making their name in the NRL.

Filia had even caught the eye of Brad Fittler when he took the field alongside Payne Haas, Zac Lomax and Joshua Curran for the NSW under-18 team in 2017, with the current NSW Blues coach describing the older Utoikamanu as a “very strong player”.

Some good judges say Filia had more promise than his younger brother Stefano, who had a breakout year as a middle forward with Wests Tigers this season.

Just months after representing the junior Blues everything changed with Filia suffering a serious neck injury in a lower grade match. Doctors initially feared the promising football could be paralysed, which thankfully wasn’t the case, however he was told he couldn’t play rugby league again.

Four years on, Filia is once more turning heads with Ron Massey Cup outfit Wentworthville Magpies after he walked into pre-season training following a mate’s recommendation to head coach Brett Cook.

“One of the boys asked me if he could bring his mate down,” Cook said. “I had no idea who it was at the time but he asked me and said he plays back row and this and that.

“After the first trial he was a bit out of condition, obviously being so long out of the game, but for someone who is big and hasn’t done as much training over the past few years he kept finding ways to push himself through situations.

“We knew straight away we were on to a good thing.”

Cook said when he heard about Filia’s injury history he spoke to the powerhouse forward to check he was medically cleared to play, but his performances during the Covid-affected season left those watching in no doubt.

The powerful athlete was capable of feats on the field many of his teammates weren’t, with one example being a barnstorming try where he regathered his team’s kick-off before skittling a number of would-be defenders to score.

Cook said Filia’s attitude and commitment were sensational.

The young forward will return to the Wentworthville Magpies for the 2022 season.
I don't know much about it but wasn't there problems with the way Eels handled his injury and thats why Stefo come over to Tigers? If he is right to play again you would hope Tigers are looking into it.

Wizardman

First Grade
2 things:
1 a shocking $800k pay cut, how dare they !
2 an embarrassing cut-price offer, who writes this stuff?

this is behind a fire-wall
I am not in love with the Tigers front office. But, in regards to Joey Leilua, not one fan will be missing Joey and say the club done the wrong thing in regards to him. Tigers treated Joey very well and he simply was not close to living up to his side of the deal in performing. He had one great game for the club and a decent one. Well and truly overpaid and am glad to see the back of him.

Saw the Hastings interview tonight...very impressed but kinda glad that we'll have sheens there ..sounds like an older ( non yelling) mentor might just ensure that things go ok.... in any case i'm greatly emcouraged by his signing...welcome aboard Jackson!
He’s going to finish off Brooksy once and for all. He’s looking pretty powerful.

Das Hassler

Bench
He’s going to finish off Brooksy once and for all. He’s looking pretty powerful.

Yep...superleague notwithstanding he still looks to be operating on a whole other level to Brooks. I do like Douehi ...a big aggressive body at centre but he and Hastings in the halves sure sounds good. ....if..as wouldn't surprise me we don't land either Koirasau OR Hodgson for whatever reason then throw Brooks the 9 or 14

I am not in love with the Tigers front office. But, in regards to Joey Leilua, not one fan will be missing Joey and say the club done the wrong thing in regards to him. Tigers treated Joey very well and he simply was not close to living up to his side of the deal in performing. He had one great game for the club and a decent one. Well and truly overpaid and am glad to see the back of him.
Yeah I agree.

Just frustrating when he’s so big, powerful and fast enough to make a huge impact and then he lets himself go. I guess it’s a mental thing the club can’t compete with. Somethings up with him.

Thousands of players strive for an NRL berth.

Yep...superleague notwithstanding he still looks to be operating on a whole other level to Brooks. I do like Douehi ...a big aggressive body at centre but he and Hastings in the halves sure sounds good. ....if..as wouldn't surprise me we don't land either Koirasau OR Hodgson for whatever reason then throw Brooks the 9 or 14
Yup. What to do with the Brooks is a pressing issue. Moving him to 14 makes sense.

Hastings was a Harto signing….credit where it’s due. Went from zero in nrl to hero in esl. He will be keen to even up the ledger here.

A good pursuit from us over many months. Harto in full swing!

Wizardman

First Grade
Yeah I agree.

Just frustrating when he’s so big, powerful and fast enough to make a huge impact and then he lets himself go. I guess it’s a mental thing the club can’t compete with. Somethings up with him.

Thousands of players strive for an NRL berth.
I don't blame the club in giving him a go....he has been rocks and diamonds his whole career. Sadly he was vastly rocks in his stint with us.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yup. What to do with the Brooks is a pressing issue. Moving him to 14 makes sense.

Hastings was a Harto signing….credit where it’s due. Went from zero in nrl to hero in esl. He will be keen to even up the ledger here.

A good pursuit from us over many months. Harto in full swing!
Who's Harto?

Hastings has credited coming here to Madge? Credit where its due.

Tigerm

First Grade
Saw the Hastings interview tonight...very impressed but kinda glad that we'll have sheens there ..sounds like an older ( non yelling) mentor might just ensure that things go ok.... in any case i'm greatly emcouraged by his signing...welcome aboard Jackson!
But he said Madge was just the sort of bloke he could get on with? I don't think Madge yells at people full time, but would certainly have a raised voice in a lot of his half time speeches, trying to raise the players pulse.

But he said Madge was just the sort of bloke he could get on with? I don't think Madge yells at people full time, but would certainly have a raised voice in a lot of his half time speeches, trying to raise the players pulse.
It didn’t work that well. Nothing much did.

Whatever the cocktail of player inputs, as we acknowledged, even where we didn’t win, the progress wasn’t where it should be.

Sheens gets access to players and had insights, so hopefully, he will figure it out and help Madge.

Tiger05

First Grade
then throw Brooks the 9 or 14

I'm not a fan of this. If he performs than it's great but I don't see why we bother. We have Peachey, Jake SImpkin and Liddle atm to fill that utility/2nd hooker role off the bench.

I mean if Brooks kills it at 9 play him there but I can see another 5 years of development time when we can't afford develop time.

Das Hassler

Bench

I think you missed my point a bit or i didnt make it well....not about madge's relationship with him but he has his hands full enough as the coach .. its just about having Sheens there in a similar mentor role as Gould has been to panthers players in the past and still is for a few ..love him or hate him Sheens is a pretty calm guy...has won 4 premierships. ..set penrith up for their first and has brought players through that Hastings and other young guys would consider idols. That's a fairly heavyweight influence on a young guy who might be a bit prone to hit the ripple strip every now and then.

Latest posts