What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2021/22

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
How is a dome any different to Docklands Stadium with its retractable roof. That was tried and eventually dumped probably because it had no natural atmospheric conditions when the roof was closed.
Thinking more of a transparent sailcloth material stretched from one stadium to another. Be far cheaper than anything else devised.
Sounds very reasonable. We could call in Christo to do it, something like this?
images.jpeg-1.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
Sounds very reasonable. We could call in Christo to do it, something like this?
View attachment 55258

I think this is much more aesthetic

04a9b885e5fdc12a45e009cb544dbebe8f2b0e8b0266971ee12f9f3957de4756._SX1080_.jpg

wtf you on about?? Wheres you salient points to prove this ??
Prove what. I have added stats as my salient points. Unlike you who posts series without a date to go with it.
Ok we both agree Carey is our next keeper. Re as a bat only.. you say Inglis fills that spot whereas I say Carey has the runs on the board and is in red ball form. Josh aint playing red ball as he is now ensconced in our T20 side. Having form going into an Ashes is a big plus. Dont you agree.

...and no call to be personal . btw I did apologize tho I didn't need to. Did you acknowledge it. No.

If you guys wanna treat me as an outsider and dont want me here as part of your clique. Then just say the word.

Last edited:
The media boys have Ussie back. But will CA bring him in from the wilderness. @Parraboy doesn't want him back but the fact is he has a good home record against England. Gonna throw in a curve ball. Shaun Marsh. Also has a good home record against the Poms and has been in superb red ball form for WA past two years. Yeh he's an old man at 38 but reckon he can carry out the opening job this one last time.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Prove what. I have added stats as my salient points. Unlike you who posts series without a date to go with it.
Ok we both agree Carey is our next keeper. Re as a bat only.. you say Inglis fills that spot whereas I say Carey has the runs on the board and is in red ball form. Josh aint playing red ball as he is now ensconced in our T20 side. Having form going into an Ashes is a big plus. Dont you agree.

...and no call to be personal . btw I did apologize tho I didn't need to. Did you acknowledge it. No.

If you guys wanna treat me as an outsider and dont want me here as part of your clique. Then just say the word.

I strongly suggest don't take other opinions that differs to your to heart. Most of us dont. Which is what it looks like your are doing. eg. now tagging me in posts regarding Uzi. Though I understand we do get passionate at times to make a point

Outsider? I don't see you as that. I have mentioned before I enjoy your posts. We have all been taken the piss off each other at times. Its not a personal thing (most of us don't know each other so how can it be?) So don't get mentally caught up in that. Laugh it off, ignore it or embrace it. It wears off. Something else from another member will be the flavour of the month and so on...

btw I wouldnt have SMarsh near the test side either :)

simmo1

First Grade
I wouldn't have Marsh or Khawaja in the Ashes middle order. How many times are we going to let these blokes score the easy runs in Australia, only for them to shit the bed when we need them most? Time to look elsewhere.

I could possibly cop Khawaja as an opener if Pucovski isn't fit, as I don't think there are a lot of other options here.

Fangs

Coach
Sad news for Pattinson, has a good FC and test record.

I hope it means that Jhye Richardson is next in line. Love watching him bowl and he is handy with the bat as well.

The selectors seem keen on keeping a left armer in the attack as we have three on the right already (Hazelwood, Cummins and Green). So he is probably waiting for an injury the Haze and Cummins.

SHIELD Round 1: Drummoyne Oval, Sydney. October 27. 10.30 AEST.

BLUES X1:
Daniel Hughes, Matthew Gilkes, Kurtis Patterson (c), Jason Sangha, Jack Edwards, Sean Abbott, Peter Nevill (wk), Trent Copeland, Nathan Lyon, Tanveer Sangha, Harry Conway

Two glaring omissions for mine Chris Tremain and Lachlan Hearne? I rate Gilkes more suited to the shorter formats. Does not look to have either the technique or temperament to open.

VIC X1:
Marcus Harris, Nic Maddinson, Peter Handscomb (c), Matt Short, Jonathan Merlo, James Seymour, Sam Harper (wk), Will Sutherland, Mitchell Perry, Scott Boland, Jon Holland.

Looking forward to seeing how Mitchell Perry is developing.

Last edited:
VICS Squad:
Peter Handscomb (Captain)
Scott Boland
Sam Elliott
Sam Harper
Marcus Harris
Jon Holland
Nic Maddinson
Jonathan Merlo
Wil Parker
Mitch Perry
James Seymour
Matt Short
Will Sutherland

Mitch Perry is a good prospect imo.

Tell me Parraboy how does Chris Tremain with FC 244 @24 not warrant a spot in this team. He should be the Blues frontline opener not sitting on his bum somewhere.

Last edited:
Bulls batting on a motley colored deck here in Townsville.

What sort of form is Neil-Smith starting the season in. Took wickets, scored runs in first match and he is away here with the prize wicket of Bryce Street with a snorter.

Latest posts