What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

martielang

Bench
Momo may only get one ‘cash in’ contract and this is probably it. Good luck to him if he takes it.

I do wonder if given other re-signings we low balled him though. Strange we’d come out and say we’re close to finalising an extension only for him to walk a month later.

chrisD

Coach
I’m sceptical about this I’m not convinced this story is accurate, he seems pretty happy.

I can understand his management trying for more money or the Club shopping him around it relieve cap pressure.

I can’t see him being unhappy and wanting to throw away a starting position in the premiership winning back line
I don't understand why you would be sceptical. He's probably on about the minimum, 100kish, and there's probably teams our there willing to pay him 200k. Even 150k is a massive increase. At those sorts of amounts with that potential increase anyone would be crazy not to ask for a release and be willing to go elsewhere.

Munky

Coach
Momo is the perfect player for a side who's defensive edge can actually hold up.

Given his ability to stifle the attack, if the winger and half either side of him are turn styles then he'll add nothing to a team since he will actively hinder trying to get back the two or three tries conceded.

In a team with good defence which doesn't need to chase points (or they come from elsewhere) he's a net benefit.

I'll be disappointed if he leaves as I was hoping to see how he'd go on the right next year (and if he can pass right to left).

That said if someone offers him big money I won't begrudge him. He did a job for us, I remember Naden creating short side overlaps for the Roosters in the 2020 final and I shudder to think if Ivan would have put May at right centre again if Momo wasn't available.

Iamback

Coach
Momo may only get one ‘cash in’ contract and this is probably it. Good luck to him if he takes it.

I do wonder if given other re-signings we low balled him though. Strange we’d come out and say we’re close to finalising an extension only for him to walk a month later.

A few guys win a comp and think their value rises. I am guessing he is one Goodluck to him if he can get that payday

Iamback

Coach
He got us back in the game against Souths back in Round 23 and has shown his strengths in defence throughout the season, so yes you’re right. He is someone that has been a positive influence for our team. Plus he seems like a clean skin and is well liked by others in team and respected by those who know a thing or two about coaching that you’ve mentioned.

I think the fear is who will replace him? Do we have someone that is as good as, or better than, Moms? Tago has been mentioned and, from first impressions in his limited time in first grade, he looks the goods. However, he is still largely untested.

It will be an interesting time when the pre-season starts to see how the Centre structure looks post-Burton and, possibly, post-Moms. Crichton will obviously have one spot sewn up with Tago looking like the other obvious choice. The depth will be a worry.

Tago is unproven as a centre. Momo would start surely

Pomoz

Bench
That is a joke. Most of the rumours have been started by his manager. Got the shits Leota, Edwards and Kikau are ahead of him in the pecking order. That is the manager who has the shits, not the player.

As I said a few weeks back we can keep Edwards (announcement soon) Kikau, and Api. Even with modest increases. If we are forced to pay slight overs we may lose a Staines or Leniu.
It is the silly season. Expect more BS.
Losing Leniu would be criminally bad on our part. As he matures, he is going to be a much better prop than Leota. I can't believe we would even be considering this in such a matter of fact manner.

Hairy Hamburger

Juniors
Rob Jennings is still with the Club in 2022. Just saying.
Not brilliant, but can do a job and find the tryline.

At the start of 2021, Momo got a leg up on Naden, who was not to be selected for the first 4 games. Took his chance.
Momo was great. Strong defence and always there with the tough hitups when required.
Really, he was a surprise and a bargain. Have a look thru most Premiership winning sides and there are players just like Momo. You don't realise the effective job they do until they are out injured or depart the club.
The downside to this is now what is happening. The winner feels he is worth more money and possibly rightly so.
But history shows a lot of these moves don't come off chasing the mighty dollar.
Would be sad to see him go as he really looks part of the tight culture the Panthers are developing.

Panther79

Juniors
Nailed it
I don't want to extend this topic either but the fact he posted it with his picture at court to me clearly gives it the context he was referring to the case and the shit from this.

If I was in charge of an NRL club, or even the NRL in general, all social media accounts are under the control of the club's media wing, that will put a stop to a lot of rubbish and at least have the posts looked over by someone who should know better.

for every person that thinks he is sincere. 2 will think it is forced or using a sob story to get people on side.

Best to just shut up and stay off social media as part of that

You’re right, we don’t need an explanation. It’s clear what he meant, hence the reason he used a picture of him at the court proceedings.

The mental gymnastics from some in here is a sight to behold.

465E66AC-1D1E-4BCA-A924-67BBF54F9595.jpeg

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I don't understand why you would be sceptical. He's probably on about the minimum, 100kish, and there's probably teams our there willing to pay him 200k. Even 150k is a massive increase. At those sorts of amounts with that potential increase anyone would be crazy not to ask for a release and be willing to go elsewhere.
I’d be surprised if we aren’t offering him at least 300k

Do you know what the word 'cretin' actually means - beside an 'abusive term ?

it means 'a person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because congentical thyroid deficency'.

I don't believe he owes anyone an explanation except for his employers.

I also won't be going over all ground re explaining myself.

Without the fans there is no club, they’re indirectly his employers.

But having thought more about it an explanation is pointless, it’s obvious he was referring to the court case. That’s the only reason he’d use the image he did.

I hope we never see him play for the Panthers again.

roofromoz

First Grade
The NRL is such a joke. How can they fine Cleary more than they fined Reece Walsh?

Walsh got a $5K fine for being arrested and being in possession of cocaine. Cleary gets a $7K fine for being disrespectful to a statue.

Comparative to their salary most likely

Iamback

Coach
I don't want to extend this topic either but the fact he posted it with his picture at court to me clearly gives it the context he was referring to the case and the shit from this.

If I was in charge of an NRL club, or even the NRL in general, all social media accounts are under the control of the club's media wing, that will put a stop to a lot of rubbish and at least have the posts looked over by someone who should know better.

He also posted a pic of him as a kid too

The last point is spot on. Clubs want the fan interaction but too much trouble comes from players posting stupid stuff

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He's asking for a release for 2022. I don't know why you'd think we have 200k to upgrade him in 2022. If we did we'd be using it to restructure and help the 3 big resignings.
No I mean now. I’d put him on about 300k now, surely not 100k, if that’s the case, he is easily the signing of the season.

The yak

Juniors
If Momorvski goes. Assuming Crichton and Tago are starting centres next year. Who is next in line should injuries strike?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Without the fans there is no club, they’re indirectly his employers.

But having thought more about it an explanation is pointless, it’s obvious he was referring to the court case. That’s the only reason he’d use the image he did.

I hope we never see him play for the Panthers again.

Why then did he use the photo of himself as a child ?

Latest posts