What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

soc123_au

Staff member
Good to see the NRL and Panther Board finally doing something.

May stood down, it’s a bit late though, much of the damage has already been done by your mindless management holding out staring at its shoelaces.

View attachment 55296
source: news Ltd.

Given his attitude, I think it’s time May moved on from the game.

Its all too late for apologies, he’s finished.

And those of you who stood up for club chumships over decency, I hope you’ve learned something and grow from it.
The club waited until the NRL had done it's thing. Due diligence and so on. Ask Brett Stewart how he feels about knee jerk reactions to appease people like yourself. The club acted in a responsible manner up to this point. We will see what comes of next weeks meeting.

DinkyDi

Juniors
The club waited until the NRL had done it's thing. Due diligence and so on. Ask Brett Stewart how he feels about knee jerk reactions to appease people like yourself. The club acted in a responsible manner up to this point. We will see what comes of next weeks meeting.
To be honest, I do not think May will be let go.

Iamback

Coach
You could be right. I'm of the opinion it's time for him to get a fresh start elsewhere. Out of the limelight would be the smart choice.

I don't think those who commit crimes should have it hang over them for the rest of their life. Problem with having them in the NRL so many prying eyes. That is why I was of the 1 strike and out not so much because the person hasn't earnt a 2nd chance but to be out of the limelight is good for all involved

Iamback

Coach

They also are giving him a chance to say his side of it too. People are interpreting the post without knowing the true context. I back that side of it speak to all involve then make a decision. a statement should follow whether that statement is enough to shut people speculating who knows

Black Diamond

Juniors
True, but it also goes to show not to flaunt yourself needlessly on social media, i get that they are all happy after winning the GF, but to use it as a platform to show off or worse try to vindicate your past behaviours, shows bad taste
Interesting when Penrith celebrate their win its flaunting on Social Media. However, when Storm nursed the trophy like a baby and poured beer over Proven and Summons as well as mocking the Mt Druitt boys after their win, all on social media, not a word was said even though both these acts were disrespectful.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors
I don't think those who commit crimes should have it hang over them for the rest of their life. Problem with having them in the NRL so many prying eyes. That is why I was of the 1 strike and out not so much because the person hasn't earnt a 2nd chance but to be out of the limelight is good for all involved
May was given the chance, and he blew it. Also, Phillips, and Coleman, were dismissed for their, now disproven, involvement.

DinkyDi

Juniors
He made a social media post. It isn't like he is out commiting crimes. The lady that leaked videos of Kotoni Staggs is also out of the limelight
What that woman did was horrible, and she needs to face punishment. What May did, and this is my take on it, made himself look like a victim. He should have just said, "this is for all of the people, who have supported me", and that's it.

The_Frog

First Grade
True, but it also goes to show not to flaunt yourself needlessly on social media, i get that they are all happy after winning the GF, but to use it as a platform to show off or worse try to vindicate your past behaviours, shows bad taste
Yeah I think there’s some underlying thought issue linking the clubs gf victory to having a very public swing at his critics (many of which comprise of panther fans) and with that, not considering the consequences. So it was truly impulsive. Dragging Ivan into it was Ill advised and immediately linked the club to his garbage.

I noted that while the club apologised and therefore “bought in” to the antics of the trophy lads ( which tbh I’m not overly worried about), it hasn’t seen fit to link itself in with May. No apology for him, he’s on his own. Thrown under Ivans bus?!

The Ladies who league have adopted a much more aggressive stance about the matter in recent days. Doesn’t help matters for him.

The matter has garnered significant interest in mainstream media and the club was also questioned about the delay in its response.

I disagree with Socky that the club was correct in waiting. It did not have to wait. I think the better interpretation is that it was wishing it would all go away.

It probably underestimated the level of condemnation the matter was receiving and the perception was that they supported May with their silence.

Having finally realised the ramifications of their silence, they’ve acted and gladly, they are back in control.

I think he should publically resign. That might be seen as some form of contrition.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeah I think there’s some underlying thought issue linking the clubs gf victory to having a very public swing at his critics (many of which comprise of panther fans) and with that, not considering the consequences. So it was truly impulsive. Dragging Ivan into it was Ill advised.

I noted that while the club apologised and therefore “bought in” to the antics of the trophy lads ( which tbh I’m not overly worried about), it hasn’t seen fit to link itself in with May. No apology for him, he’s on his own. Thrown under Ivans bus?!

The Ladies who league have adopted a much more aggressive stance about the matter in recent days. Doesn’t help matters for him.

The matter has garnered significant interest in mainstream media and the club was also questioned about the delay in its response.

I disagree with Socky that the club was correct in waiting. It did not have to wait. I think the better interpretation is that it was wishing it would all go away.

It probably underestimated the level of condemnation the matter was receiving and the perception was that they supported May with their silence.

Having finally realised the ramifications of their silence, gladly, they are back in control.

I think he should publically resign. That might be seen as some form of contrition.

Ladies who league are actually paid up members of the Parramatta club, So their opinion on rugby league means nothing to me.

TBH I'm sick and quite tired of you're uncontrolable rambings on this forum.

Yep I've been told to ignore you. But you're like bloody water torture. Drip, drip drip.

You're nothing more than a pompous prig. Full of self importance, flatulance and bile.

For whatever reaason you're allowed to run around like some self appointed sherrif and moral wanna be.

Had it up to pussies bow.

murraymob

First Grade
Good to see the NRL and Panther Board finally doing something.

May stood down, it’s a bit late though, much of the damage has already been done by your mindless management holding out staring at its shoelaces.

View attachment 55296
source: news Ltd.

Given his attitude, I think it’s time May moved on from the game.

Its all too late for apologies, he’s finished.

And those of you who stood up for club chumships over decency, I hope you’ve learned something and grow from it.
That must hurt you .you don’t have any more material to feed your panther hatred .