What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistant Coaches

Vic Mackey

Referee
Didn’t see the coaching appointments mentioned anywhere. Ben Gardiner and Nathan Cayless.

Gardiners a very good decision. The Magpies played with better attacking structure then first grade this year. Reports are that he is loved by the players and a very dedicated hard worker. He’s worked as a strength and conditioning coach and is also a High School Maths Teacher so he is clearly is no dummy.

I don’t know much about Cayless’s coaching credentials however was hugely respected as a player, captaining the Eels at 22. I also like having a coach with Polynesian background considering that’s 80% of our team.

Having two relatively younger guys fills me with more confidence then Collins and Millard who came across as absolute dinosaurs.

simmo05

Bench
Didn’t see the coaching appointments mentioned anywhere. Ben Gardiner and Nathan Cayless.

Gardiners a very good decision. The Magpies played with better attacking structure then first grade this year. Reports are that he is loved by the players and a very dedicated hard worker. He’s worked as a strength and conditioning coach and is also a High School Maths Teacher so he is clearly is no dummy.

I don’t know much about Cayless’s coaching credentials however was hugely respected as a player, captaining the Eels at 22. I also like having a coach with Polynesian background considering that’s 80% of our team.

Having two relatively younger guys fills me with more confidence then Collins and Millard who came across as absolute dinosaurs.
They were shite!

tiger102

Juniors
Good to see Gardiner rewarded with a promotion. He built a good report with his KOE squad last year and looks like a real players coach.
I will be keen to see what Cayless can bring.
Who will coach the KOE? maybe Ryan Carr or Wayne Lambkin.

Fordy20

Juniors
I like seeing this internal promotion. It feels like the club is starting to move away from having a reactive, short term mindset and mature towards having a long term vision that includes succession planning, not just in the playing group, but in the coaching staff and hopefully in the administration as well.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Good to see Gardiner rewarded with a promotion. He built a good report with his KOE squad last year and looks like a real players coach.
I will be keen to see what Cayless can bring.
Who will coach the KOE? maybe Ryan Carr or Wayne Lambkin.

Fairly certain I heard Lambkin has moved on. Carr would be a good one for KOE, apparently he was next in line for the assistant jobs, only 31 so a baby as far as coaching is concerned.

Very good player Cayless, he had plenty of grunt and go.

Played international footy for over a decade.

Was able to play for either Australia or New Zealand and selected New Zealand.

Interesting choice.

Latest posts