What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

mxlegend99

Referee
Jarrod Mullen was in poor form 5 years ago before his injury and suspension from the game.

5 years away from the game that has changed alot with his injury history. Would be shocked if he was even able to keep up at reserve grade level.

No thanks. Not worth the risk or wasting a spot we could use to develop someone.

Fangs

Coach
He doesn't have to be Cleary. All he needs to be is better than most reggies halves. Something he's probably still capable of doing comfortably.

As MX mentioned I'll be surprised if he even manages to keep up in reggies.

It's a long break from professional sport with nothing in between. The sport has also changed radically in the last couple of years.

Smug Panther

First Grade
As MX mentioned I'll be surprised if he even manages to keep up in reggies.

It's a long break from professional sport with nothing in between. The sport has also changed radically in the last couple of years.
And he was only mediocre at his peak

Fangs

Coach
Ashley Taylor might be the answer. Only a trial contract with the Warriors. Though I suppose he is there because he is a very realistic chance of playing first grade. Definately a back up at Penrith or perhaps on the bench.

It would be very handy to have someone with a kicking game for when Cleary is out. No Burton to pick up the slack anymore.

kinghippo

Juniors
Warriors have got the best deal next year with ash Taylor. It's crazy he can't get a gig.
He has talent, just needs to be developed a bit more by a strong club, and not have the million dollar price tag stress.

Iamback

Coach
Ashley Taylor might be the answer. Only a trial contract with the Warriors. Though I suppose he is there because he is a very realistic chance of playing first grade. Definately a back up at Penrith or perhaps on the bench.

It would be very handy to have someone with a kicking game for when Cleary is out. No Burton to pick up the slack anymore.

We wouldn't have this issue if Falls or Salmon played instead of May during Origin

Whino

Bench
Only Sam Williams and Sean O'Sullivan are known halves without a contract.
The club has promoted Falls to the top 30.
I doubt the club brings in another half with the cap so tight. Particularly with other areas needing a bit of depth like centre and 2nd row.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
ideOnly Sam Williams and Sean O'Sullivan are known halves without a contract.
I doubt the club brings in another half with the cap so tight. Particularly with other areas needing a bit of depth like centre and 2nd row.

I agree Whino. From what I understand the cap is tight.

At least the 2 blokes we have for depth (as long as May stays) will provide coverage for origin and injury.

Going to be fascinating to see if Kiks and Api stays. I hope they do take understand to stay with a team that has a good chance of going back to back.

A journeyman back would be helpful as centre. Jennings hasn't (to me) been a dissappointment. He was such a gun as a younger player. I wonder what's gone wrong, is it confidence or lazyness with training....what is it. Cause talent is talent. It doesn't just go away.

lsta5838

Juniors
Any chance Caleb Aitkens makes a comeback? trying to remember him as a player but might fill in anywhere in backline?

mxlegend99

Referee
I cant see it. He has had a few chances both with us and Raiders, but he looks a career reserve grader at best,
He made Edwards ball playing look Moylan quality.

I like the idea of Staines at 1 when Edwards is out. Critter was also starting to show some potential at 1. Trouble is Critter is our best centre and having lost both Burton and Momirovski he needs to stay at centre.

Iamback

Coach
Have you ever watched Salmon play? He's not very good

Certainly not a 6. Though and Falls were the halves in NSW Cup side that was undefeated. Surely 1 was better then May who is a lock on the rare time you start him.

Different situation if either or both got game time while we needed halves

Iamback

Coach
Only Sam Williams and Sean O'Sullivan are known halves without a contract.

I said a few pages back. O'Sullivan would be my pick. Played NYC after Cleary but with Edwards etc so knows players also Ciraldo was coaching here so should be able to slot in easily enough

Latest posts