What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleary and May didn't know there were border restrictions......

oinkoink

Juniors
I thought there would be a discussion of this on here but I can't find it posted elsewhere - I'm incredulous how it has been swept under the carpet??

the NRL has confirmed May and Cleary were the ones who handed out the free GF tickets to their mates who illegally entered Qld but “no action was taken against the two players because they [May and Cleary] both convinced the integrity unit they were unaware their mates had unlawfully crossed the border 24 hours before the decider”.

May and Cleary didn't know there were border restrictions?? Seriously??

Last edited by a moderator:

mxlegend99

Referee
I thought there would be a discussion of this on here but I can't find it posted elsewhere - I'm incredulous how it has been swept under the carpet??

the NRL has confirmed May and Cleary were the ones who handed out the free GF tickets to their mates who illegally entered Qld but “no action was taken against the two players because they [May and Cleary] both convinced the integrity unit they were unaware their mates had unlawfully crossed the border 24 hours before the decider”.

If their mates asked for tickets and said they can get into the state, why would they question it? It's not their job to police the border or know who has valid reason to be in the state. Friends and family of all teams were able to get exemptions to be there already.

But even if they did know their friends broke the law to get into the state. What have they done wrong? Are we now going to start punishing players for crimes their friends commit?

Rabbit toes

First Grade
If their mates asked for tickets and said they can get into the state, why would they question it? It's not their job to police the border or know who has valid reason to be in the state. Friends and family of all teams were able to get exemptions to be there already.

But even if they did know their friends broke the law to get into the state. What have they done wrong? Are we now going to start punishing players for crimes their friends commit?

Wonder if they knew why they were in a bubble, isolated in Queensland?

Yeah seems unlikely.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Could this line of reasoning be extending to knowing if your mate was drunk, but allowing him to drive? If you don’t give him the keys he doesn’t get in the car

soc123_au

Staff member

Reading and comprehension not your strong point? big difference between knowing there are border restrictions and knowing if someone crossed unlawfully or had a valid permit.

If you are going to sling shit, at least keep it somewhat in the realms of reality.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wonder if they knew why they were in a bubble, isolated in Queensland?

Yeah seems unlikely.
What does the team bubble have to do with the crowd or borders?

There's nothing to suggest they were hanging out with these people. They provided tickets and nothing more. They didn't smuggle these guys across the f**king border and they aren't responsible for them lying to get across it either.
Could this line of reasoning be extending to knowing if your mate was drunk, but allowing him to drive? If you don’t give him the keys he doesn’t get in the car
Sure. If you're an absolute f**kwit wanting to throw around baseless claims it could. You would do well working in the media.

Pantherjim.

Referee

How does “being unaware that their mates had unlawfully crossed the border 24 hours before the decider” translate to you as: “May and Cleary didn’t know that there were border restrictions”?

Unless you only converse in some primitive dialect of English?

butchmcdick

Immortal
How does “being unaware that their mates had unlawfully crossed the border 24 hours before the decider” translate to you as: “May and Cleary didn’t know that there were border restrictions”?

Unless you only converse in some primitive dialect of English?
How you doin James ?

This Year?

Immortal
The salt that fox has brought againt the Panthers could replace the Sahara desert. I get the premise of the illegal act by the players friends but to try to pin aiding and abetting on the players is disgraceful.
As usual fox trying to sensationalise and create outrage to get clicks. The fines for the trophy thing was lame. How the f**k does holding part of a trophy in a baby sling bring the game into disrepute?
Fox are absolute scum.

Walpole

Juniors
Instead of saying it's not their job to police their idiot mates (which it's not), they're so accustomed to lying they come out with "I didn't know there were restrictions". Which makes them and the integrity unit look like bigger dopes than usual.

soc123_au

Staff member
Instead of saying it's not their job to police their idiot mates (which it's not), they're so accustomed to lying they come out with "I didn't know there were restrictions". Which makes them and the integrity unit look like bigger dopes than usual.
Is that what they came out with? I haven't seen that reported anywhere. Or are you speculating as to what they might have said?

Latest posts