What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
A lot of seemed to be on the bandwagon because Joey loves to hype him up when he does basic stuff. Should just pump the breaks a bit. Would be a great as a squad filler/someone who will do a job and people shouldn't expect more than that.
Exactly. I 100% agree

Bob

Juniors
Would take the King as 14 tbh. Probably the best option on the market.

Play halves, Hooker, back row and would make a damn fine fullback with his genuine speed and elusiveness.
Only place he should play 14 is St.Mary’s Sydney Shield side,

Whino

Bench
A lot of people seem to be on the bandwagon because Joey loves to hype him up when he does basic stuff. Should just pump the breaks a bit. Would be a great as a squad filler/someone who will do a job and people shouldn't expect more than that.

Johns does too much of that. Then the media add to the hype with his words.
I think Johns and Hoy's dad are surfing buddies.
Hoy needs work. He was erratic this year under the high ball.
Maybe our systems could bring the best out of him? He has been overhyped nonetheless.
Maybe there is a kid in our system that is better than him in the positions he covers.

Big Mick

Referee
Are these players signed for development?

Both Puru's played in NSW Cup last year and were part of Flegg squads so I think probably development but ones a five-eight and the other a backrow/lock.

Connor Mason was an interchange player for Jersey Flegg and also played some hooker, half, five-eight. So would assume that's a straight up development contract.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Both Puru's played in NSW Cup last year and were part of Flegg squads so I think probably development but ones a five-eight and the other a backrow/lock.

Connor Mason was an interchange player for Jersey Flegg and also played some hooker, half, five-eight. So would assume that's a straight up development contract.
Good, young players. I love that. Thanks.

Iamback

Coach
Penrith sign 3 local junior from Windsor Wolves for the next couple of years. All 3 will train with the NRL squad.
Connor Mason
Hohepa Puru
Niwhai Puru

Now is Ryley Smith and Connor Mason in the squad. Certainly planning for life after Api

Hopefully the Puru's are going to be put on the edges. Would suit their play and helps the side

Now is Ryley Smith and Connor Mason in the squad. Certainly planning for life after Api

Hopefully the Puru's are going to be put on the edges. Would suit their play and helps the side
Would you mind reminding me how it works; these kids are one of the (6?) we can put on development contracts that sit outside the top 30. Obviously contracted to us, but can’t play first grade until later in the season or if you get a dispensation? And are development contracts always just for the year?

mxlegend99

Referee
I reckon tex hoy is as average as you can get.

I think we can safely assume a player joining our system from most others will improve a little bit at the very least. So an average player like Hoy might actually become a solid player. On minimum wage he could be worth a look.

I wouldnt expect much signing him. But at the moment we have one of the best systems in place for getting the best out of players.

Iamback

Coach
Would you mind reminding me how it works; these kids are one of the (6?) we can put on development contracts that sit outside the top 30. Obviously contracted to us, but can’t play first grade until later in the season or if you get a dispensation? And are development contracts always just for the year?

This year they could play after Round 10. So it might be earlier

Currently we have 4 spots left ( 5 if we punt May ), Usually we keep those spots until the new year so anyone of these may end up in the top 30. Some guys get 2 year development contracts like Turuva is into his 2nd year of a Development deal.

I like the balance of the Develop deal guys. In positions we are weak in and a look to the future

Mavrick Geyer - 2nd row
Ryley Smith - Hooker/Half
Tom Jenkins - Centre/Wing 3 Although I heard he is going to be top 30 and given the overnight signings he must be
Turuva - Anywhere in backline
N.Puru - 5/8th or Centre
Puru - 2nd row

The plan would be. Get these guys in and upgrade them when ready often Development guys end up full time during the season

chrisD

Coach
The most important ability of the utility number 14 spot is being able to adequately defend in as many positions as possible. Then probably that they could cover hooker.

GongPanther

Referee
This year they could play after Round 10. So it might be earlier

Currently we have 4 spots left ( 5 if we punt May ), Usually we keep those spots until the new year so anyone of these may end up in the top 30. Some guys get 2 year development contracts like Turuva is into his 2nd year of a Development deal.

I like the balance of the Develop deal guys. In positions we are weak in and a look to the future

Mavrick Geyer - 2nd row
Ryley Smith - Hooker/Half
Tom Jenkins - Centre/Wing 3 Although I heard he is going to be top 30 and given the overnight signings he must be
Turuva - Anywhere in backline
N.Puru - 5/8th or Centre
Puru - 2nd row

The plan would be. Get these guys in and upgrade them when ready often Development guys end up full time during the season
Tom Jenkins is the one I'm anticipating to make a good fist of it in the NRL.

maple_69

Bench
Man the guys we have on development deals are dripping with talent. Not a lot in be middle but we are well and truly set there for a few years.

My hitlist is still 1 year each of Oldfield, Williams and Magoulias assuming we could get them each for min wage with the promise of turning their next contract into a better one elsewhere. The kids could pass them by or they could need another year of footy and these guys would be solid backups.

Latest posts